GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox possibly No1 Xmas 2002 presents?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/02 at 13:18
Regular
I think Xbox could beat PS2, Gamecube by that price of £159.99 and when the late night xmas shopping start and I think the store will sold out the mighty and powerful Xbox and I think Halo will be the best purchase with the Xbox and dont forget the 2 best games go with it is Dead or Alive 3 and Project Gotham Racing. Dont forget the Xbox Live as well, PS2 and Gamecube have no chance to toppled the No1 Xmas Presents. Timesplitters 2 will be online and PS2 wont able have one and oh dear! hey I own PS2 and Xbox. I will be looking forward to play Timesplitters 2 online.
Sun 15/09/02 at 00:33
Regular
I agree with Gridloch. I mean, SEGA were very good, but not compared to what great exclusives Sony have. The actual PS2 console may be terrible, but the games are top notch, and easily outstrip the DreamCast.
Sat 14/09/02 at 19:03
"For the horde!!!!"
Sega made a good move because some of their games are class. The Dreamcast is a good console but i prefer the PS2
Fri 13/09/02 at 21:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Actually the Dreamcast was a better console than the PS2. The games were excellent and things like VMU memory card were excellent little ideas.
As someone else said - the media swarmed to the Sony brand and most people decided to wait for the PS2 - most of them because its the "in" one to own.

Soul Caliber, to me, is still one of the best beat em ups you can get on a console. Phantasy Star Online was a good game too along with a good number of Sega's titles. Unfortunatly the lack of public interest (waiting for the PS2), led to a lack of third party support.
The Dreamcast lost its third party support pretty early so it was doomed to have a small amount of games almost straight away.

At least Sega are still making games though, so knowone has to miss out on their quality titles.
Fri 13/09/02 at 20:11
Regular
Dreamcast had the most innotiative, origanal, Brillaince that a great console could of offered.

It failed due to high Media propaganda for the Psone and the Overrated, Overhyped Ps2 games console system.

Dreamcast had games miles ahead of the PS2, but i have my trusty Xbox to satisfy (by far better than the PS2 did) gaming needs.
Fri 13/09/02 at 20:07
Regular
What do you mean 'is that it'? Four quality exclusives that are all on my list. It may not look so good compared to the GameCube's line up, but it's still great. And the Dreamcast was terrible - it's entrance into the next gen wars was too early. It was also too expensive, had poor controllers and not enough decent games. Long live PS2.
Fri 13/09/02 at 19:58
He means is that it?
But what Gamezfreak said is true, the Dreamcast beats PS2 wiv stick :P
Fri 13/09/02 at 17:19
Regular
I don't understand ye Silent.
Wed 11/09/02 at 22:42
Maverick42 wrote:
> Christ, stop slating the PS2! There's a reason the Dreamcast failed
> and the PS2 didn't! Even though I admit it was an incredibly rushed
> piece of hardware it has the best games out of the three next gen
> consoles! Stuntman, The Getaway, Angel Of Darkness, Vice City.. though
> it's Christmas line up's not THAT impressive, those four will easily
> be in the top ten games for the rest of this year, and that is more
> than what the X-Box can say.

The Getaway and Vice city make the christmas run up mate?
Wed 11/09/02 at 20:55
Regular
Christ, stop slating the PS2! There's a reason the Dreamcast failed and the PS2 didn't! Even though I admit it was an incredibly rushed piece of hardware it has the best games out of the three next gen consoles! Stuntman, The Getaway, Angel Of Darkness, Vice City.. though it's Christmas line up's not THAT impressive, those four will easily be in the top ten games for the rest of this year, and that is more than what the X-Box can say.
Tue 10/09/02 at 20:49
gamezfreak wrote:
> Urgh the PS2 is still around? Jeez......Revive the Dreamcast, at least
> that has more intresting games

Indeed I have the ps2 and I aint bought a game in months for it :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.