GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox possibly No1 Xmas 2002 presents?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/02 at 13:18
Regular
I think Xbox could beat PS2, Gamecube by that price of £159.99 and when the late night xmas shopping start and I think the store will sold out the mighty and powerful Xbox and I think Halo will be the best purchase with the Xbox and dont forget the 2 best games go with it is Dead or Alive 3 and Project Gotham Racing. Dont forget the Xbox Live as well, PS2 and Gamecube have no chance to toppled the No1 Xmas Presents. Timesplitters 2 will be online and PS2 wont able have one and oh dear! hey I own PS2 and Xbox. I will be looking forward to play Timesplitters 2 online.
Sat 07/09/02 at 13:18
Regular
"*Xbox vs PS2*"
I think Xbox could beat PS2, Gamecube by that price of £159.99 and when the late night xmas shopping start and I think the store will sold out the mighty and powerful Xbox and I think Halo will be the best purchase with the Xbox and dont forget the 2 best games go with it is Dead or Alive 3 and Project Gotham Racing. Dont forget the Xbox Live as well, PS2 and Gamecube have no chance to toppled the No1 Xmas Presents. Timesplitters 2 will be online and PS2 wont able have one and oh dear! hey I own PS2 and Xbox. I will be looking forward to play Timesplitters 2 online.
Sat 07/09/02 at 13:46
Regular
Psh.. you have your dream...
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:00
Regular
If you say so...
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:15
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ironic how these were the types of posters whining at Res for doing the same kind of replies.

Anyway, I think X-Box could do very well this Christmas with its releases and X-Box Live helping sales. Its a tough one to call though because although PS2 isn't particularly the best console for its price, it still has that popularity of being the console to own in a lot of peoples eyes.
It really comes down to the games that are out by Christmas and who is looking for what.

I wouldn't say X-Box has Christmas all wrapped up, but I think it stands a good chance of doing very well. I mean since the price drop, I've seen a few people say the likes of "got to have one now at that price" so obviously this looks like it could be a good move by Microsoft as its not much more expensive than a GC now.

I guess really its a case of wait and see.
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:31
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Ironic how these were the types of posters whining at Res for doing
> the same kind of replies.

What's ironic about anything? the guy wrote a biased post do you really expect anything other than what I replyed?

What pieced me off about Res was he was going around slating consoles, nothing like this. Just cause he's your cousin doesn't mean you have to stick up for him, fact is he was going round posting like an inbred. He seems to be sorting himself out now.
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:38
Regular
Fat chance, Yo-yos will be back and become the best seller this chrosmas easily.

But in computer gaming, a good chance.

Im still selling mine and now you saisd about chrismas ill sell it to one of my mates parents for my mate,lol, that way i still get to play on it.
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:44
Regular
Christmas even, see i can spell.
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> What's ironic about anything? the guy wrote a biased post do you
> really expect anything other than what I replyed?
>
> What pieced me off about Res was he was going around slating consoles,
> nothing like this. Just cause he's your cousin doesn't mean you have
> to stick up for him, fact is he was going round posting like an
> inbred. He seems to be sorting himself out now.

You make it sound like there are no Ninties that are biased. I go into the Ninty forum and see posts like this all the time (although of course pro GC).
The difference is, when they do it in their own forum, you don't find a bunch of X-Box owners jumping down their throats over it.

The thing is, for every plus point someone has the cheek to mention about the X-Box on here, there seems to be 2 or 3 Ninties to jump in saying "no, no, thats wrong !"
In the end, an X-Box owner could be fogiven for coming in here and wondering what the hell the X-Box is good for. You Ninties just can't seem to bare the thought that the X-Box has strong areas over the GC.

Of course the main area to worry about is games and thats always gonna come down to taste. But it seems that whenever an X-Box owner has the nerve to talk about the X-Box's other capabilities, they are immediately slated and ripped into by Ninties.
An X-Box owner will say the likes of "the graphics on Halo are bloody great !" and guaranteed within a few minutes of posting that, a bunch of Ninties will storm in with comments like "nothing the GC can't do" and "Resident Evil looks better so thats that".

Then of course theres the real pathetic ones. As soon as a poster praises the DVD capabilities or the consoles ability to upload tracks to use in games, they tend to get the likes of "well, your not a real gamer - GC is designed with only games in mind so its better". I mean, what kinda crap is that ??

I'm not sticking up for my cousin, I'm sticking up for this forum. No doubt if a Ninty had posted this in the Ninty forum but with GC in place of X-Box, knowone would care and would just add their ideas for whats going to happen. Of course if an X-Box poster went into the topic and disagreed in the same way you just did, he'd get the crap verbally kicked outta him.
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:25
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> You make it sound like there are no Ninties that are biased.

That's a load of crap, I'm fully aware that there's tons of biased Ninty idiots. I'll be the first one to jump down thier throats when they spew out their crap. Res wouldn't have received so much abuse if it had been one comment like biased fools do, fact is he carried on posting crap and repeatedly said that he was doing it to p!ss people off. What do you expect us to do, sit back and let him insult us?

I go
> into the Ninty forum and see posts like this all the time (although of
> course pro GC).
> The difference is, when they do it in their own forum, you don't find
> a bunch of X-Box owners jumping down their throats over it.

No one's jumping down anyone's throat, I replied in a carm fashion, Jesus aren't people allowed ot disagree with people on these boards anymore?

>
> The thing is, for every plus point someone has the cheek to mention
> about the X-Box on here, there seems to be 2 or 3 Ninties to jump in
> saying "no, no, thats wrong !"

Since when? as far I was aware these are disgussion forusm I come in here to have a disgussion not to verbally beat the crap out of someone who doesn't agree with my opinions. There are the occasional idiots who come in here and do that but most Ninty's will have a go at these fools and tell them to shutup.

You Ninties just can't
> seem to bare the thought that the X-Box has strong areas over the
> GC.

Sav mate get things into perspective, you're begginging to sound like Res. Not all Ninty's are like that at all, I'm willing to admit there are many areas that the Xbox is better on. It's only a few inbreds that let the side down by spurting off constant bull crap about "ya console gay, me smash box wiv fase"

>
> Of course the main area to worry about is games and thats always gonna
> come down to taste. But it seems that whenever an X-Box owner has the
> nerve to talk about the X-Box's other capabilities, they are
> immediately slated and ripped into by Ninties.

I'm sorry if that's the case but I can gurantee you I don't take any part in this.

> An X-Box owner will say the likes of "the graphics on Halo are
> bloody great !" and guaranteed within a few minutes of posting
> that, a bunch of Ninties will storm in with comments like
> "nothing the GC can't do" and "Resident Evil looks
> better so thats that".

Well poke them in the eyes and pull their underpants over their heads.

> Then of course theres the real pathetic ones. As soon as a poster
> praises the DVD capabilities or the consoles ability to upload tracks
> to use in games, they tend to get the likes of "well, your not a
> real gamer - GC is designed with only games in mind so its
> better". I mean, what kinda crap is that ??

I don't know and I'm not part of it, as I said above poke them in the eyes and pull their pants over their heads.

Of course if an X-Box poster went into the
> topic and disagreed in the same way you just did, he'd get the crap
> verbally kicked outta him.

Not at all, it's not like I said he was wrong I just said if you say so e.g I don't think so but think what you want. I know there's a lot of stupid people in the Nintendo forum and I hold no responsibilty for them but don't take their actions and blame everyone who likes Nintendo.

God this place is getting way to serious recently, I'm gonna go and sit down.
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:34
Regular
But you don't even own an Xbox and you complain about the posters in the Xbox forum so why come in here? Seems a bit stupid to me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.