GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft buy Rare?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 13:47
Regular
Thought you guys would be intrested in this if you haven't already see it

Please not that none of this article has been confirmed yet, and it's all just rumour.

Activision didn't have enough money, but Bill 'Richie Rich' Gates's company was willing to knock down 350 million for them. This is about 500 million Euro/dollar.

Microsoft is said to have held a meeting recently with Rare in a hotel near Twycross, the developer's base. A deal was made, and Microsoft will make make a big announcement at their X02 event in Seville later this month, where the company will showcase new exclusive Xbox titles.

The rumour continues. Perfect Dar Zero will be developed exclusively for Xbox. That would also be the reason why we haven't heard from it anymore since last year's E3.

Hmmmmm is this true, you guess is as good as mine.
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:56
Regular
Yes I will cause your shear stupidity makes me laugh. The word inbred springs to mind.

I actually meant I wasn't prepared to break your biased post down and write a decent reply.
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:53
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I wasn't saying that the Xbox hasn't shown much in the way of games. I
> was saying the sales figures so far haven't looked very promising and
> that's what Rare will be intrested in, sales figures, they'll want the
> widest distribution of their games possible.
>
> Oh and Garbe i'll get back to you with a list of games you might be
> intrested in I haven't got the time now.
>
> Oh and Ressurection, grow up little boy. I'm tired of replying to your
> useless babble.

bet you keep replying though won't you dumb a$s LOL
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:39
Regular
Oh and Allied Assault is multi format anyway....or is that Frontline...I don't know the difference all I know is I won't be buying it.
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:36
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> Do I sense a hint of jelousy that the number one GameCube game won't
> be an exclusive??? :D Not only that but on top of:

If Rare go multiformat, the GameCube's still got the best games company in the world behind it.

> Halo
> Halo 2
> Doom 3 - Not exclusive, on PC and maybe others.
> Ghost Recon - Multi-format.
> Swat Global Justice
> Battlefield 1942
> + The possibility of Medal of Honour Allied Assault - So dated man..
> + The possibility of Perfect Dark 0 (soon to be adopted X :D) - Unlikely
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:28
Regular
I wasn't saying that the Xbox hasn't shown much in the way of games. I was saying the sales figures so far haven't looked very promising and that's what Rare will be intrested in, sales figures, they'll want the widest distribution of their games possible.

Oh and Garbe i'll get back to you with a list of games you might be intrested in I haven't got the time now.

Oh and Ressurection, grow up little boy. I'm tired of replying to your useless babble.
Tue 03/09/02 at 21:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I've been reading about this today and it'd certainly be an excellent move to have Rare. :-)
I like Conker's a lot and the one reason I was thinking of keeping the GC I bought was in case of another Conker's coming out.
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:56
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
garbe123 wrote:
> Do I sense a hint of jelousy that the number one GameCube game won't
> be an exclusive??? :D Not only that but on top of:
>
> Halo
> Halo 2
> Doom 3
> Ghost Recon
> Swat Global Justice
> Battlefield 1942
> + The possibility of Medal of Honour Allied Assault
> + The possibility of Perfect Dark 0 (soon to be adopted X :D)
>
> The Xbox will have some of the best games on the market as console
> exclusives :) Quite pleasing to be honest, especially on top of my
> other 33 most wanted games this year :D! What to choose, what to
> choose...

Muhahahahahhahaha where are your exclusives now?
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:56
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I read a similar artice on Xbox365.com, sounds interesting doesn't it?

We will have to wait and see if anything does become of this but in the meantime just imagine... Perfect Dark...on Xbox.

:P
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:55
Regular
Do I sense a hint of jelousy that the number one GameCube game won't be an exclusive??? :D Not only that but on top of:

Halo
Halo 2
Doom 3
Ghost Recon
Swat Global Justice
Battlefield 1942
+ The possibility of Medal of Honour Allied Assault
+ The possibility of Perfect Dark 0 (soon to be adopted X :D)

The Xbox will have some of the best games on the market as console exclusives :) Quite pleasing to be honest, especially on top of my other 33 most wanted games this year :D! What to choose, what to choose...
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:48
Regular
I doubt Rare will be bought out by Microsoft, if anything they'll go multi-format. Think of the losses they'd make developing exclusively for X-Box, it's just not good business.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.