GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft buy Rare?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 13:47
Regular
Thought you guys would be intrested in this if you haven't already see it

Please not that none of this article has been confirmed yet, and it's all just rumour.

Activision didn't have enough money, but Bill 'Richie Rich' Gates's company was willing to knock down 350 million for them. This is about 500 million Euro/dollar.

Microsoft is said to have held a meeting recently with Rare in a hotel near Twycross, the developer's base. A deal was made, and Microsoft will make make a big announcement at their X02 event in Seville later this month, where the company will showcase new exclusive Xbox titles.

The rumour continues. Perfect Dar Zero will be developed exclusively for Xbox. That would also be the reason why we haven't heard from it anymore since last year's E3.

Hmmmmm is this true, you guess is as good as mine.
Fri 06/09/02 at 16:48
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> I wasn't comparing genres thoguh was I? I was comparing enjoyment, I
> get more enjoyment (and have more fun) from playing Waverace than I do
> Halo. Once again, thats why I didn't buy an X-box and Halo. Read, and
> don't bother replying if you don't understand.

Fair enough, you like waverace more then Halo....

Still I prefer Project Gotham Racing over Pikmin :-)
Fri 06/09/02 at 16:31
Regular
I wasn't comparing genres thoguh was I? I was comparing enjoyment, I get more enjoyment (and have more fun) from playing Waverace than I do Halo. Once again, thats why I didn't buy an X-box and Halo. Read, and don't bother replying if you don't understand.
Fri 06/09/02 at 16:25
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Listen Dude, The Gamecube is just as equally brilliant as the Xbox,
> both consoles having the most original and most innotiative titles
> around.
>
> I don't see how you can compare Wave Race: Blue storm to Halo
> though....

YAY someone gets it. how many ninty's have i seen compare Mario sunshine to Halo?

that's like comparing my car to a bike.

or comparing socks to pants hmmmmm think i'm losing it so i'll go while you kinda get the idea.
Fri 06/09/02 at 16:21
Regular
Listen Dude, The Gamecube is just as equally brilliant as the Xbox, both consoles having the most original and most innotiative titles around.

I don't see how you can compare Wave Race: Blue storm to Halo though....
Fri 06/09/02 at 14:51
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
it was fun, p!sses me off whitestripes didn't get banned, must be a special rule for ninty fan boys only hey.
Thu 05/09/02 at 22:33
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> Woah this place looks to have hit off a bit ;) If Resurerection got
> banned for swearing then why didn't Whitestripes? I have missed the
> previous posts that were deleted by SR so I don't know what was said,
> anyone tell me what sparked it off?

Basically, some anonamous Ninty newbie fanboys drove Res out of his head.
So Res decided to take it out on the rest of us, by being the most pathetic and annoying Xbox fanboy in history.

While most fanboys post once or twice and move on, res kept going, and going, and going, and going...

He basically lost his mind and screwed up big time. I hope he's learned his lesson.
Thu 05/09/02 at 22:30
Regular
up_in_smoke wrote:
> And for anyone who says that Halo is a medioca game they really havnt
> played it long enough.

Well calling Nintendo's games "kiddie" because they're cartoony shows you've not played them properly full stop.

> I still say that the PC is ahead of all consoles for FPS , but for a
> console first person shooter Halo is bling.

For the moment...

I remember 5 years back when the PC ruled the FPS genre, until Goldeneye came along and hit anything the PC had for six!
It took the PC a whole year to fight back with Half Life...

And I think that Rare CAN and WILL do it again.

But which platform they bless remains to be seen...

(We're talking about Rare again!:-) )
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:37
Regular
Woah this place looks to have hit off a bit ;) If Resurerection got banned for swearing then why didn't Whitestripes? I have missed the previous posts that were deleted by SR so I don't know what was said, anyone tell me what sparked it off?
Thu 05/09/02 at 02:42
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
i told them it's funny but they won't listen.

who's fault was all this anyway? ah the ninty fan boys ;)
Thu 05/09/02 at 02:20
Regular
LOL, now ive read this page of replies i can see how it got from Rare to Movies and other childish abuses throwing.

Pretty funny though if you read it and how it progresivly gets more and more agressive. Though Garbe is correct in what his says. The GC sound sys**tem is nothing on the Xboxs. It doesnt come close to comparing to it.

Has anyone noticed that nearly everysingle thread in any of the topics to do with anything console always ends up in a fight about the xbox and the gamecube. Its been a long time since ive heard a PS2 owner s**tart a fight. I think it has finally sunk into their heads that their console is good, and so is the xbox. It jus**t seems to be the Gamecube owners that are convinced to try and lie to theirselves that they havnt was**ted their money on a far inferier console. Its time to face facts that the GC cant touch the xbox hardware wise. All consoles have their good games and their sh*t ones. I for one choose to s**tay away from the childsplay. there's too many kiddies games for the GC and no one can protes**t that. It also has a handful of more adult games which look alright.

According to all the inderpendant game reviewers(the ones i have read), when a game is released on multi-platforms its always the xbox version which is given the highes**t score and is said to be the better version.

And for anyone who says that Halo is a medioca game they really havnt played it long enough.

I s**till say that the PC is ahead of all consoles for FPS , but for a console firs**t person shooter Halo is bling.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.