GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft buy Rare?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 13:47
Regular
Thought you guys would be intrested in this if you haven't already see it

Please not that none of this article has been confirmed yet, and it's all just rumour.

Activision didn't have enough money, but Bill 'Richie Rich' Gates's company was willing to knock down 350 million for them. This is about 500 million Euro/dollar.

Microsoft is said to have held a meeting recently with Rare in a hotel near Twycross, the developer's base. A deal was made, and Microsoft will make make a big announcement at their X02 event in Seville later this month, where the company will showcase new exclusive Xbox titles.

The rumour continues. Perfect Dar Zero will be developed exclusively for Xbox. That would also be the reason why we haven't heard from it anymore since last year's E3.

Hmmmmm is this true, you guess is as good as mine.
Sat 07/09/02 at 12:45
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
usually when you have such
> a strong reasons to believe your console is better then why on earth
> aren't you playing it, LOL, this always amazes me!

That's the most insane argument I've ever read, you're saying that if your consoles so good then why aren't you playing it all the time.

Well a few reason, that's insane, some people have a life, it's good to have a break from your consoles sometimes and finally cause you'd end up with a pasty face, no friends and a whole load of spots.

Newbie/Regular and Notable
> Ninties I thought why not

Please name these biased people cause from where I'm standing I can only see Res and a few stupid inbred newbies.
Sat 07/09/02 at 12:35
Regular
Great point Tiltawhirl. Just because Animal Crossing looks colourful, doesn't mean it can't be as fun as games like Halo or GTA3.
Sat 07/09/02 at 12:34
Regular
Going back to Maverick's post questioning why I wasn't playing my Xbox, I was actually playing my Xbox at the time and my friend was trying to beat my PGR time, LOL! On top of that I aren't the one going into thew Nintendo forum saying the Xbox is better I am staying in here trying to ignore stupid Ninty posters, usually when you have such a strong reasons to believe your console is better then why on earth aren't you playing it, LOL, this always amazes me!

I am biased so I don't know where you got the idea that I wasn't from, possibly it could be because I have tried to keep quiet about not liking Nintendo but with so many biased Newbie/Regular and Notable Ninties I thought why not, after all what difference does it make if I am! Look closer to home for a couple of Notables before blaming others, aren't they the ones you respect oh so well?
Sat 07/09/02 at 12:21
Regular
I'm not saying everyone is like that, it was more a post directed at Res and other narrow minded individuals.

People that come out with crap like "Nintendo games would have been good when I saw 10, I'm 20 I want blood and gore in my games".
Sat 07/09/02 at 12:14
Regular
Tiltawhirl, Thats kind of harsh on people that are not intrested in Nintendo games (me) I just find Xbox games more appealing and fun then Nintendo has to offer.

No i don't think i am "cool" because i play games with blood, violence and gore in them.......
Sat 07/09/02 at 11:47
Regular
~Res~ wrote:

>
> ah come on going by your logic the tweenies are for adults to.

That's complete BS, Tweenies is aimed at little kids it helps them with their spelling and punctuation. Maybe you should take a look sometime?

Mario games and all the others are aimed at all ages. Just cause they haven't got gore and aren't realistic doesn't make them childish. Miyamoto dosn't make games with relality in mind, he makes them with the sole purpose of being fun and extremly playable. Do you really think that if they where aimed at under 10's then they would be referred to so often as some of the best games ever?

I'd love to see your dumb a$s play all the way through Zelda OOT or Mario 64. I play the games that I enjoy and Nintendo games are some of the most playable and fun games out there. I don't play a game cause it makes me look cool or hard. If you're looking for immature games try looking at games that have little playability and shoddy gameplay but they try to hide that by shoving in tons of blood and gore cause they know it'll appeal to the spotty ar$e faced teenagers that think they're cool cause they can play games with 15 certificates.

Who's more immature? the gamer that plays any game as long as he enjoys it or the one who has to have blood and gore in his games to even think about touching it, cause he thinks he's 'grown up'.
Sat 07/09/02 at 11:08
Regular
I swear i saw a game for the GC called "Animal Crossing" and that looked really childish.

Or it might of been for the PC, i cannot remember.
Sat 07/09/02 at 10:32
"For the horde!!!!"
~Res~ wrote:
>
> ah come on going by your logic the tweenies are for adults to.

which tweenie is your favoriot Res? lol
Sat 07/09/02 at 01:46
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Savatt78 wrote:
> Mickey Mouse: Magical Mirror
> Barbie
> Tarzan Freeride
> Donald Duck: Quack Attack
>
> Granted those piles of cess are 'kiddys' games but the others aren't.
> I'm not gonna bother with the old just cause they've got cute graphics
> doesn't make them kiddy's games arguments cause we've had it over and
> over and never got anywhere.

ah come on going by your logic the tweenies are for adults to.
Sat 07/09/02 at 00:41
Regular
Exactly what I was going to say Tiltawhirl.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.