GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turok Evolution"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 21:55
Regular
So whose getting this next week ? :-) I'll be getting it and from what I've seen it looks good so far. The E3 DVD shows some nice footage of it and whats in the game. That swarm bore weapon looks pretty tasty - having played the other games I have fond memories who I killed with the old version of that weapon. ;-)

Thing is, I keep thinking how good it would have been if a little extra was included in the game. What I would have loved to have seen is a dinosaur hunting mode - no cyborgs or evil bad guys, just a mode where you can sit back, hunt and even take trophies (skulls or claws maybe ?)
The idea of the bushes and stuff moving and making noise is great, so a hunting mode could be excellent. :-)

I know you can go around killing normal dinosaurs in Evolution, but this would be even better as far as the hunting goes. Maybe even a Co-Op mode where 2 players can have a screen each or something and just roam around trying to kill a bigger T-Rex than they've bagged before.
Thats where the trophies could come in - you could display your biggest kills of each breed just like you get records in fishing games and stuff.

I think it'd add some longevity - especially when things can turn around and your soon having to leg it from a pack of raptors. ;-)
Fri 06/09/02 at 14:55
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Can we get one thing straight, Turok isn't, and never was, Nintendo
> property.
>
> And yeah, to some extent, the reason for the delay is to improve it.
> It isn't to add anything new 'because they use to be Nintendo' like
> some people seem to think. It's just to improve the graphics and
> effects using the Cube's special abilities to make it just as good
> looking as any other version.

improve it i bloody hope so it's awful. just left sav's after seeing this piece of cack.
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:02
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
does your mum know your out whitestripes?
Thu 05/09/02 at 16:07
Regular
Can we get one thing straight, Turok isn't, and never was, Nintendo property.

And yeah, to some extent, the reason for the delay is to improve it. It isn't to add anything new 'because they use to be Nintendo' like some people seem to think. It's just to improve the graphics and effects using the Cube's special abilities to make it just as good looking as any other version.
Thu 05/09/02 at 11:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think the real noticable differences will be between the PS2 and X-Box versions with the GC's looming in the middle somewhere.
This time tomorrow I'll be playing it - can't wait. :-)
Wed 04/09/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Unretired"
There are rumors that the extra three weeks are for adding enhanced lighting effects and ironing out bugs.

It may be as Turok has really been Nintendo property before now, and maybe it may be enhanced for the GC?

Of course I can only wish that as I own a GC.

But as Xbox is more superior in power I would guess that it would have the sleekest (Is that spelling right?) version..

Aparently each consoles version of the game are going to be very different..

According to the man at E3 :-)
Wed 04/09/02 at 17:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Strafex wrote:
> You lot can be my guinnie (SP?) pigs.

Its spelt guinea pigs. :-)

> Still, some sources say that the reason why the GC version is being
> delayed is to improve it...
>
> Does this mean it'll be better than the American version?
> Won't it be a change to see them importing from us for once! :-D

Maybe, but I think its probably more down to them still getting it converted to PAL thats causing the delay. In a shop though I saw it as down for this Friday on GC too. :-)
Wed 04/09/02 at 15:36
Regular
Perhaps there is an advantage to the GC one coming out 3 weeks later.

You lot can be my guinnie (SP?) pigs.
I'll judge your reviews and decide whether to cancel and get Timesplitters instead.

Still, some sources say that the reason why the GC version is being delayed is to improve it...

Does this mean it'll be better than the American version?
Won't it be a change to see them importing from us for once! :-D
Wed 04/09/02 at 13:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well, 2 days till we find out if this is true. :-)
Wed 04/09/02 at 09:30
Regular
I heard that there is a hunting mode I think I read it in xgamer a while a go
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:50
Regular
I said Activision too...

Oops! :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.