GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turok Evolution"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 21:55
Regular
So whose getting this next week ? :-) I'll be getting it and from what I've seen it looks good so far. The E3 DVD shows some nice footage of it and whats in the game. That swarm bore weapon looks pretty tasty - having played the other games I have fond memories who I killed with the old version of that weapon. ;-)

Thing is, I keep thinking how good it would have been if a little extra was included in the game. What I would have loved to have seen is a dinosaur hunting mode - no cyborgs or evil bad guys, just a mode where you can sit back, hunt and even take trophies (skulls or claws maybe ?)
The idea of the bushes and stuff moving and making noise is great, so a hunting mode could be excellent. :-)

I know you can go around killing normal dinosaurs in Evolution, but this would be even better as far as the hunting goes. Maybe even a Co-Op mode where 2 players can have a screen each or something and just roam around trying to kill a bigger T-Rex than they've bagged before.
Thats where the trophies could come in - you could display your biggest kills of each breed just like you get records in fishing games and stuff.

I think it'd add some longevity - especially when things can turn around and your soon having to leg it from a pack of raptors. ;-)
Thu 29/08/02 at 21:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So whose getting this next week ? :-) I'll be getting it and from what I've seen it looks good so far. The E3 DVD shows some nice footage of it and whats in the game. That swarm bore weapon looks pretty tasty - having played the other games I have fond memories who I killed with the old version of that weapon. ;-)

Thing is, I keep thinking how good it would have been if a little extra was included in the game. What I would have loved to have seen is a dinosaur hunting mode - no cyborgs or evil bad guys, just a mode where you can sit back, hunt and even take trophies (skulls or claws maybe ?)
The idea of the bushes and stuff moving and making noise is great, so a hunting mode could be excellent. :-)

I know you can go around killing normal dinosaurs in Evolution, but this would be even better as far as the hunting goes. Maybe even a Co-Op mode where 2 players can have a screen each or something and just roam around trying to kill a bigger T-Rex than they've bagged before.
Thats where the trophies could come in - you could display your biggest kills of each breed just like you get records in fishing games and stuff.

I think it'd add some longevity - especially when things can turn around and your soon having to leg it from a pack of raptors. ;-)
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:04
Regular
I picked up "The Making Of Turok Evolution" free DVD from GAME today, and having watched it earlier, I must say Turok-E looks fantastic.
The poison weapon (can't remember it's proper name) that makes your enemies stumblE about then throw up their lunch before dying was pretty funny.
I'm definately buying.

I like the hunting/trophies idea.
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Savatt wrote:
> So whose getting this next week ? :-)

I'm skint. My birthdays commin up in October, might get a few games then, probably not Turok though.

That whole Hunting idea sounds cool, shame they didn't include it.
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Yep Iam getting it next week. Then the week after i'll be getting Buffy and Resident Evil on the same day. Still have FFX, Oddworld, Super Smash Brothers, Rogue Leader 2, Aggressive Inline and V-Rally 3 to play. I'll also be getting Wave Race Blue Storm soon as well. Too many games and not enough time to play.
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah theres some class weapons in Turok. ;-) It was funny watching the E3 DVD. The guy was showing you stuff in the game and he was saying how you can basically kill andything that moves and be as nasty as you want. He got his sniper gun out and spotted a little baboon on a rock, scratching its ar5e quite happily. With a comment of "See that baboon there ? Awwwwwwww, isn't he cute." He blew its head off. Nice bloke. LOL ;-))
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:11
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
a man after my own heart! i love snipering things
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I know what you mean Adrian - I have quite a few games I wanna grab before Christmas too. Besides Turok, I also want to get Conflict: Desert Storm, Battle Engine Aquila, Mech Assault, Unreal Championship, Madden 2003, Loons, Ghost Recon, Toejam & Earl 3, Phantom Crash, Soul Caliber 2, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Kung Fu Chaos, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Yager, DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball, Blinx, Deathrow, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Splinter Cell, Jedi Knight 2, SW: Knights of the Old Republic and Reign of Fire.

Somewhere in there I have to get to the U.S for Christmas too. ;-))
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:17
Regular
I've seen footage of a multi-coloured parrot being blown off a branch - feathers going everywhere. Excellent :D
From what I've seen, the graphics look on par with Halo.
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Prodigy wrote:
> a man after my own heart! i love snipering things

When it comes to us putting together a clan for X-Box Live in here, I get the feeling we'll have like 20 - 30 applications for team snipers. ;-))

I love the sniper role too and I know my cousin Res does. No doubt others have their heart set on the job. ;-))
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 wrote:
> I know what you mean Adrian - I have quite a few games I wanna grab
> before Christmas too.

Yep me too. Owning a GC,Xbox and PS2 means all of the great exclusives will be on my shelf. Iam trying to think of the must have games to buy and trying to think of any games I could live without. I think Timesplitters 2 and Tekken 4 are 2 games that will be left out of my collection, as there are just so many good games coming out, and not enough hours in a day to juggle gaming, Tv + Movies and Uni.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.