GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turok Evolution"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 21:55
Regular
So whose getting this next week ? :-) I'll be getting it and from what I've seen it looks good so far. The E3 DVD shows some nice footage of it and whats in the game. That swarm bore weapon looks pretty tasty - having played the other games I have fond memories who I killed with the old version of that weapon. ;-)

Thing is, I keep thinking how good it would have been if a little extra was included in the game. What I would have loved to have seen is a dinosaur hunting mode - no cyborgs or evil bad guys, just a mode where you can sit back, hunt and even take trophies (skulls or claws maybe ?)
The idea of the bushes and stuff moving and making noise is great, so a hunting mode could be excellent. :-)

I know you can go around killing normal dinosaurs in Evolution, but this would be even better as far as the hunting goes. Maybe even a Co-Op mode where 2 players can have a screen each or something and just roam around trying to kill a bigger T-Rex than they've bagged before.
Thats where the trophies could come in - you could display your biggest kills of each breed just like you get records in fishing games and stuff.

I think it'd add some longevity - especially when things can turn around and your soon having to leg it from a pack of raptors. ;-)
Sat 07/09/02 at 16:56
This game any good
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
No problem mate. ;-) Hope your enjoying Turok. :-)
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:25
I guess many sleepless nights are coming then!!! Thanks Normsky
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You don't have to mate. The game automatically saves as you go through each level of each chapter. ;-)

Welcome to the X-Box forum by the way. ;-)
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:22
New X-boxer owner. How do you save in Turok-E?
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm not really looking to get Timesplitters 2 or Die Hard. But if your after them then they'll be better to wait for than to jump in with Turok.
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:45
Regular
Err, probably yes.
Though it's not a certainty that those two games will be better.
I'm only up to Chapter 5 (god knows how many Chapters there are), but if I had to give it a score right now, I'd say.... 7/10.
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:40
Regular
So basically it's an okayish game but my money would probably be better off being spent on Timespliters 2 or Die Hard?
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:36
Regular
I've not tried the multi-player yet, but from what you've said, it sounds good. :)

I keep swaying from "I don't like this game" to "I quite like this game"....
Chapters 3 & 5 have been the best so far.
The weapons I've had have been pretty good - some of them have dual uses like the flamethrower.

Overall, it started off badly, but it's improved. I think it's a decent game - above average. Can't really complain....
Sat 07/09/02 at 13:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Want some entertainment Nomad ? Goto multiplayer and select Blood Bath so you get all the weapons. Now sit back, select the rocket launcher and press the left shoulder button to change it to the swarm bore. Use it on the different characters and watch them scream in agony as their limbs and head explode. ;-))

Also, select the tek bo and use the left shoulder button to select your green poison arrows. Shoot a character twice up the ar5s in quick succession then sit back and watch them puke up as they die. ;-))
I say shoot them in the backside cause in other areas you risk killing them outright more without the extra desired affect. ;-))

I did this last night cause like you I got a little bored of the story mode and decided to try that stuff out on defenceless opponents. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.