GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turok Evolution"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 21:55
Regular
So whose getting this next week ? :-) I'll be getting it and from what I've seen it looks good so far. The E3 DVD shows some nice footage of it and whats in the game. That swarm bore weapon looks pretty tasty - having played the other games I have fond memories who I killed with the old version of that weapon. ;-)

Thing is, I keep thinking how good it would have been if a little extra was included in the game. What I would have loved to have seen is a dinosaur hunting mode - no cyborgs or evil bad guys, just a mode where you can sit back, hunt and even take trophies (skulls or claws maybe ?)
The idea of the bushes and stuff moving and making noise is great, so a hunting mode could be excellent. :-)

I know you can go around killing normal dinosaurs in Evolution, but this would be even better as far as the hunting goes. Maybe even a Co-Op mode where 2 players can have a screen each or something and just roam around trying to kill a bigger T-Rex than they've bagged before.
Thats where the trophies could come in - you could display your biggest kills of each breed just like you get records in fishing games and stuff.

I think it'd add some longevity - especially when things can turn around and your soon having to leg it from a pack of raptors. ;-)
Fri 30/08/02 at 22:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> I concur. At least GC games are slightly cheaper than XBox ones!
>
> :)
>
> Pfft. Only about a fiver cheaper.

Every little helps.

Every.........let me see, 6-7 games thats a new one in saved cash

;)
Sat 31/08/02 at 00:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Cyclone wrote:
> I concur. At least GC games are slightly cheaper than XBox ones!
>
> :)

Yeah but you get what you pay for. X-Box gets the better versions. ;-p
Sat 31/08/02 at 00:04
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Well GAME have most GC and XBOX games for £30 in its summer sale.

Some Xbox games retail at £40, others at £45. Same for GC, Rogue Leader is £45 is it not?
Sat 31/08/02 at 04:11
Regular
savatt1668 wrote:

> Yeah but you get what you pay for. X-Box gets the better versions.
> ;-p

No it doesn't.

And Rogue Leader costs £36, if it's any higher then the shop is just a rip-off.
Sat 31/08/02 at 12:06
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Sniping things rules, I think anyone that loves gun games loves
> sniping. Gotta love the Sniping in Goldeneye that's preety much what
> started the whole sniping thing off.

Yeah, Sniping in Halo rocks,proper good with night vision and an unsuspecting Elite.
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whitestripes wrote:
> No it doesn't.
>
> And Rogue Leader costs £36, if it's any higher then the shop is
> just a rip-off.

I'm only saying it in high spirits mate. ;-)
But while we're at it, name one version of a game where the GC version looks better than the X-Box. ;-)
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:53
Regular
Savatt don't ask him that, he will call you a Fanboy :) Anyone who challenges whitestripes will be called a fanboy!

Oh and by the way there is a shope near my house called Games2u and Rouge leader is £44.99 I was in there 2 weeks a go and there were quite a few GameCube games at that price :)
Sat 31/08/02 at 14:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah some shops like SR do the games for a couple of quid cheaper, but most retailers have games like Rogue Leader going for £44.99. Most GC games seem to be £40 but more often than not, X-Box games are around that price and cheaper too now. The big titles can still go for £45 but then thats the case on pretty much all the consoles.
Sat 31/08/02 at 15:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
For an avergae, ordinary hightsreet shopper, theres not much difference, but for internet shoppers, you can get GC games for around £30-35 new.
Sat 31/08/02 at 15:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thats the case with the X-Box too though. A friend of mine buys his X-Box games online for that price, but I don't really like the mail order stuff. I prefer to go and pick my much needed fix up straight from the shop on release day rather than pace up and down a week later wondering where the hell it is. ;-))

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.