GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turok Evolution"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 21:55
Regular
So whose getting this next week ? :-) I'll be getting it and from what I've seen it looks good so far. The E3 DVD shows some nice footage of it and whats in the game. That swarm bore weapon looks pretty tasty - having played the other games I have fond memories who I killed with the old version of that weapon. ;-)

Thing is, I keep thinking how good it would have been if a little extra was included in the game. What I would have loved to have seen is a dinosaur hunting mode - no cyborgs or evil bad guys, just a mode where you can sit back, hunt and even take trophies (skulls or claws maybe ?)
The idea of the bushes and stuff moving and making noise is great, so a hunting mode could be excellent. :-)

I know you can go around killing normal dinosaurs in Evolution, but this would be even better as far as the hunting goes. Maybe even a Co-Op mode where 2 players can have a screen each or something and just roam around trying to kill a bigger T-Rex than they've bagged before.
Thats where the trophies could come in - you could display your biggest kills of each breed just like you get records in fishing games and stuff.

I think it'd add some longevity - especially when things can turn around and your soon having to leg it from a pack of raptors. ;-)
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
This parrot is dead, it has ceased to be, it has died on gone to meet its maker...This, is an ex parrot. ;-)
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:24
Regular
Hmmm...

Americans get it tomorrow.
God knows when we do.

From what I've heard, although some places say 6th, others say 27th.
Still, it'll be worth the wait.

By the way, I know you're all talking about the Xbox version, but seeing as Gamecube owners don't already have the likes of Halo in the FPS department, I think we'll appreciate it more! :-P
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I'm also having to do a priority list too - its just not fair. ;-))
Maybe slipping release dates will help me decide over the coming few months. ;-))
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
As far as I know its due out on the 6th of Septemer mate. ;-)
As for appreciating it more - I guess Ninties will cause they have had the license for longer. ;-) Plus its probably the biggest FPS the GC will have until Metroid Prime. I know you're getting Timesplitters 2 as well but that seems to be the Marmite of games - you either love it or hate it. ;-)
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Hmm I'll have to pick up that DVD next time i'm in GAME, which will probably be next week when I go down to pick up the new OXM.

Too many games, too little money.
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The new official mag comes out next Friday too when Turok arrives. So another thing for me to purchase next week. ;-)
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:48
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Go Consumerism.

Um...

yea.
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah WOO ! to me. ;-)) Think Bill Gates should be sending me a bloody Christmas card for the money I've been spending on the X-Box. ;-))
Thu 29/08/02 at 23:03
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Me 2, I'be bought 8 games(well 6) + loads of other stuff.

Its should read "have a merry XMas from Big Bill"

PS "thanks for the moolah"

:P
Thu 29/08/02 at 23:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah along with a nice thanks in the way of a job as an X-Box games tester and professional X-Box Live player. Mmmmmmmmmmm, payed to play online games such as Unreal Championship all day, is there a better job in the whole wide world ? ;-))
Highly paid job of course before we settle on the wages. ;-)) Celebrity status and everything ! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.