GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turok Evolution"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 21:55
Regular
So whose getting this next week ? :-) I'll be getting it and from what I've seen it looks good so far. The E3 DVD shows some nice footage of it and whats in the game. That swarm bore weapon looks pretty tasty - having played the other games I have fond memories who I killed with the old version of that weapon. ;-)

Thing is, I keep thinking how good it would have been if a little extra was included in the game. What I would have loved to have seen is a dinosaur hunting mode - no cyborgs or evil bad guys, just a mode where you can sit back, hunt and even take trophies (skulls or claws maybe ?)
The idea of the bushes and stuff moving and making noise is great, so a hunting mode could be excellent. :-)

I know you can go around killing normal dinosaurs in Evolution, but this would be even better as far as the hunting goes. Maybe even a Co-Op mode where 2 players can have a screen each or something and just roam around trying to kill a bigger T-Rex than they've bagged before.
Thats where the trophies could come in - you could display your biggest kills of each breed just like you get records in fishing games and stuff.

I think it'd add some longevity - especially when things can turn around and your soon having to leg it from a pack of raptors. ;-)
Fri 30/08/02 at 03:33
Regular
A Christmas Card? I want a house for the money I will be spending on the Xbox over the next few months, I am restricitng play to week-ends becuase of Revision and what not, but I will save the games for the holidays. I have just added 3 extra games to my list of 32 and it is incredable that I actually want every single game on that list, I have never felt like this about a console before. When I had my PS2 I was constantly looknig for something that was any good, but with the Xbox I am stuck for choice even with the current games on the market. I think that people have exhaggerated about the games availalbe for the Xbox. Microsoft released the most powerful set of games for the launch that I have ever seen and I am still buying games from then! Recently I bought Amped (not allowed it until my birthday along with my 5.1 surround sound system) and I am also looking to pick up Jet Set Radio Future to give it my full attention instead of a rushed week-end rental where I finsihed the story mode.

On top of the great launch titles there have been a couple of releases in-between to keep gamers on their toes and although I am strapped for cash until I get a job there are still 7 Xbox games that I don't own that are already out! With the 32 games due out over the next 6 months and with the 7 extra that I want to add to my collection I can't understand why people have complained so much. To be honest I think the GameCube hasn't been in much of a better position, a few good launch titles then a couple of good ones in-between, but like with the Xbox all of the GameCubes major games are due out over the next few months! In this case I believe that the name Nintendo alone has carried them through what is a challenging and very tough gaming market.
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:44
Regular
To be honest, Although PS2 sales are high, the PS2 launch line up was poor compared to the Xbox and GC's launch line up, and games to come over the next few months.

Theres loads of games I want for my xbox, some are new ones somew are the launch ones.
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:46
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
>To be honest I think
> the GameCube hasn't been in much of a better position, a few good
> launch titles then a couple of good ones in-between, but like with the
> Xbox all of the GameCubes major games are due out over the next few
> months!

Same accross all platforms.
Summers are never good for gaming.

In this case I believe that the name Nintendo alone has
> carried them through what is a challenging and very tough gaming
> market.

No. The Nintendo name has helped - it means people take a look at it knowing Nintendo's past repuatation, but the launch titles haven't exactly let expectations down.
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:24
Regular
Neither did the Xbox line up Strafex, but people are quick to critise the Xbox due to lack of games yet I feel that the GameCube is in the same position. In this case Nintendos previous reputation has helped them an awful lot., thats what I believe anyway.
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:32
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
*sigh* does this mean i'll have to come over every week till we can't play Turok anymore due to the disk melting to over use?

life's a B**** a
Fri 30/08/02 at 21:51
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
anyone know if turok will have link plan? iam thinking of online multiplay like halo here
Fri 30/08/02 at 21:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yup, we'll be kept busy for awhile Res. ;-) Can't wait till next Friday. ;-p
Fri 30/08/02 at 22:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mantis wrote:

> Too many games, too little money.

I concur. At least GC games are slightly cheaper than XBox ones!

:)
Fri 30/08/02 at 22:21
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> I concur. At least GC games are slightly cheaper than XBox ones!
>
> :)

Pfft. Only about a fiver cheaper.
Fri 30/08/02 at 22:57
Regular
Sniping things rules, I think anyone that loves gun games loves sniping. Gotta love the Sniping in Goldeneye that's preety much what started the whole sniping thing off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.