GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare saga continues"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 22:19
Regular
I've heard that Donkey Kong franchise is going back to Nintendo mother brain(two new DK games developed by Rare are being canceled) and all 'cos Rare is going multiplatform. I think, in my modest opinion that's not such a bad idea to start with. Didy Kong racing and Donkey Kong 64 were less than spectacular on N64 but not totally bad games , more like only so-so.
Rare couldn't make an interesting or decent looking game mascot to save their lifes. Talk about some questionable character design. All characters in Banyo Kazooe(Kablooe by some) look like Dysney rejectes at best. Anyway back to subject I just hope Nintendo will make some decent DK games, it being one of the oldest game franchise in video game history. Now remember
this is only a hear-say so if anyone has any info...
D.K.-Donkey Kong, D.K.-Donkey Kong,..... if he shots ya it gota hurt.........monkey rap.. la la la (not in that order but somthing like that) Anyway I love that song. It ooooozzzeees with style.
Thu 05/09/02 at 17:11
Metroid prime is going to be a FPS, but not really. It's going to have enough amount of exploration, and brain tickeling situations in it to be more then just another mindless shooter out there. It was developed by Myamoto san's supervision, and that guy, by his own words never played a FPS in his life. So it's going to be something special and different.
The only few times you are going to play in third person is when Samus Aran morfs into that ball and other such situations. It's going to have much slower pace then most of the shooters but I think it's going to work well, indeed. I can't wait for that game any longer, it's that good.

Does anybody have any info on DK racing game, it's all very hush,hush.
I saw demo of this game a year ago, and nothing since then. What's the deal with?
Wed 04/09/02 at 16:17
Regular
No i mean the game that was being made on GC but then went to true FP action.
Wed 04/09/02 at 16:02
Regular
?

Super Metroid was a side scroller.

Not first person view whatsoever.
Wed 04/09/02 at 15:55
Regular
I prefer FPS, i just didnt know it went completely FP.

Will it use the same sort of lay out as it did when you went into first person on the first game?
Wed 04/09/02 at 15:52
Regular
NaŠ†Ÿ_Nêighßoû® wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> Metroid Prime is a true first person shooter.
>
> It isnt is it? Most of the shots ive seen are from a 3rd person veiw,
> and a mag said that it wasnt a proper FPS.

It should've had third person but Retro weren't up to it.
Still, seeing as the franchise has been dumbed down to a pure FPS, it's not as bad as it could have been.

It's actually looking quite good...
Wed 04/09/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Baros!!!"
~Resurection~ wrote:
> there's a lot of stupid people out there and most are in here :)

That must be you then.
Wed 04/09/02 at 15:34
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Metroid Prime is a true first person shooter.

It isnt is it? Most of the shots ive seen are from a 3rd person veiw, and a mag said that it wasnt a proper FPS.
Wed 04/09/02 at 13:44
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
Indeed

æ
Wed 04/09/02 at 13:41
Regular
"keep your receipt"
yeah Resurrection quite alot of people care about Mario Sunshine, in fact Sony more than most. They've spent a MILLION yen in a counter-attack to the release of Mario Snshine over there.
Wed 04/09/02 at 02:38
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Oh thats right, no one cares about Mario, thats only the reason Mario
> Sunshine sells more copies than precious Halo.

there's a lot of stupid people out there and most are in here :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.