GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo GameCube - Is it Just For Kids?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 11:20
Regular
Nintendo have a childish image, there is no question about that. Everyone who owns a PS2 or X-Box know that and uses it to torment the owners of every 'Cube owner in exsistance, but the question is if the GameCube is for children.

Games like Mario and Pokemon do nothing to kill the image, and if Nintendo are trying to get rid of this preconcieved idea with these games, they are creating a rod for their own back. Games full of bright colours and cute characters aren't really 'adult' are they?

But many people think that a game needs to be full of dark, dingy alleyways and full of crimson liquid to be suitable for a mature audience. Mario games often provide much more of a challenge than a 'survival horor game. Remember 'Mario 64'? that was one of the hardest games on the planet but many people still thought it was for kids.

I personally think that Nintendo and the GameCube is not for a younger audience, but it is just for gamers in general, but it isn't what I think that is mportant, it is what YOU think. Is the 'cube for kids or do you know that any true gamer can enjoy it.

Matthew Britton (c)
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:37
Regular
Also i was just looking though a mag and its sumed it up nicely what ive been trying to say for weeks, which usally turned out as a long post making no sence.

That sentance was : I think the word "mature" is used by teens trying to appear older/cooler.
Wed 28/08/02 at 15:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Truly, this is n00bathon.
Wed 28/08/02 at 16:01
Regular
"Festivus!"
I like tosh, so leave him alone! I love the GC and I think it rules. I am a teenager and I don't wanna be mature!
Wed 28/08/02 at 16:08
"The Will of D."
madlads35 wrote:
> I like tosh, so leave him alone! I love the GC and I think it rules. I
> am a teenager and I don't wanna be mature!
We never said anything about you hating the GC, so why did you bring it up in the first place?
Also if your a teenager why do you like someone who isn,'t ? E.G TOSH who's only 11.
Wed 28/08/02 at 17:18
goku you dont act like one malad doesnt need to because he has got a good topic and the newbies keep getting worse except malad who talks sense brit gamer and goku go home
Wed 28/08/02 at 17:39
"The Will of D."
TOSH wrote:
> goku you dont act like one malad doesnt need to because he has got a
> good topic and the newbies keep getting worse except malad who talks
> sense brit gamer and goku go home
See everone else, this is why all of these younger people are getting worse in school, because they sure can't spell or use punctuation right, anyway your a Newbie too and you will never become a regular until I become one first.
Wed 28/08/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
TOSH wrote:
> goku you dont act like one malad doesnt need to because he has got a
> good topic and the newbies keep getting worse except malad who talks
> sense brit gamer and goku go home

YOU FOOL!

WRITE PROPERLY!

THAT MEANT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

NOW GO AWAY, NOBODY LIKES YOU!
Wed 28/08/02 at 17:44
like i said terrance is better
Wed 28/08/02 at 17:48
"The Will of D."
What does that mean as well?
GET OUT!
YOUR AS HATED AS TIM FROM BIG BROTHER.
Wed 28/08/02 at 17:51
aww goku not a loud to watch south park anyone heard carmans version of sailing

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.