GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo GameCube - Is it Just For Kids?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 11:20
Regular
Nintendo have a childish image, there is no question about that. Everyone who owns a PS2 or X-Box know that and uses it to torment the owners of every 'Cube owner in exsistance, but the question is if the GameCube is for children.

Games like Mario and Pokemon do nothing to kill the image, and if Nintendo are trying to get rid of this preconcieved idea with these games, they are creating a rod for their own back. Games full of bright colours and cute characters aren't really 'adult' are they?

But many people think that a game needs to be full of dark, dingy alleyways and full of crimson liquid to be suitable for a mature audience. Mario games often provide much more of a challenge than a 'survival horor game. Remember 'Mario 64'? that was one of the hardest games on the planet but many people still thought it was for kids.

I personally think that Nintendo and the GameCube is not for a younger audience, but it is just for gamers in general, but it isn't what I think that is mportant, it is what YOU think. Is the 'cube for kids or do you know that any true gamer can enjoy it.

Matthew Britton (c)
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:09
ignore philip hes upset cos he cant win game a day boo who
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What a load of TOSH!

AHA!

;)
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:13
weell how did you win game a day 2 times
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:19
Regular
"eat me"
ok look at turok does that say childish to you? pokemon is meant for the younger audience and if people enjoy playing them fine its up 2 them it doesnt matter about the image of the console its the game play and if u enjoy playing the games. i have an x box and a ps2 and some of there games are childish alike the game cube but gamecube is far superior it will last longer as nintendos generally do smally and un like the xbox wont house a small family its just a quality console and nintendo have been making the best consoles for years.
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:22
plucky fish im gonna eat ya get in my belly
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
TOSH wrote:
> weell how did you win game a day 2 times

Moi?

Well, I posted two reviews in UK Rviews and they won GADS.

Are you basing my posting quality on that one post?

FOOL!

(actualy, its a pretty good basis!)

;)
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:53
Regular
Yes gamecube is childish.

and great family fun all the way.

I think people who say its childish are usaully saying it becuase they wet their pants looking at the enternal darkness box, so scary/adult games arnt seen by them so unheard of.
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:55
Regular
TOSH wrote:
> computer keeps saying that i ve got a free gift

Oh god thats means you have that virus that causes you to spell bad.

Isnt that right people ;)

But then again without it you would still have the problem.
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:03
"The Will of D."
Yeah, he hasn't even been to a secondary school until next week, hey Tosh have you ever had Homework? If you haven't you'll be in for quite a suprise then.
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:33
Regular
Yes that means he will have less time to post on here.

*jumps for joy.

Or it could mean more if hes put into special classes with computers in.

*decides to find the school hes going to and bribe it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.