GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo GameCube - Is it Just For Kids?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 11:20
Regular
Nintendo have a childish image, there is no question about that. Everyone who owns a PS2 or X-Box know that and uses it to torment the owners of every 'Cube owner in exsistance, but the question is if the GameCube is for children.

Games like Mario and Pokemon do nothing to kill the image, and if Nintendo are trying to get rid of this preconcieved idea with these games, they are creating a rod for their own back. Games full of bright colours and cute characters aren't really 'adult' are they?

But many people think that a game needs to be full of dark, dingy alleyways and full of crimson liquid to be suitable for a mature audience. Mario games often provide much more of a challenge than a 'survival horor game. Remember 'Mario 64'? that was one of the hardest games on the planet but many people still thought it was for kids.

I personally think that Nintendo and the GameCube is not for a younger audience, but it is just for gamers in general, but it isn't what I think that is mportant, it is what YOU think. Is the 'cube for kids or do you know that any true gamer can enjoy it.

Matthew Britton (c)
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Festivus!"
gerrid wrote:
> How dirty. Aren't you dirty.
> How come they haven't banned you yet, for being so dirty I mean,

PLEASE DON'T BAN ME! I am serious! I love the site! please, I will abandon my old ways!
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
How dirty. Aren't you dirty.
How come they haven't banned you yet, for being so dirty I mean,
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:33
Regular
"Festivus!"
no, i agree, it rules, I am a teenager and I love it, now lets think of naughty words... poo!
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:32
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
On reply to the original topic, no.

I would explain, but if I thought it was childish, I wouldn't buy it. Considering I own it, in my twisted little 'evil genius' world, it is in fact not a kiddy console.

Thank you

:S
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Festivus!"
gerrid wrote:
> original.

This Slogan Thingy - Is It Original?
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:30
"The Will of D."
Thats ten for ten Gerrid.
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
original.
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Festivus!"
gerrid wrote:
> This Topic - Is it for gimps?

Gerrid - Is He a Gimp?
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:46
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Well gerrid you have replied to this topic 9 times so far, so if it is for gimps...
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
This Topic - Is it for gimps?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.