GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game survey taken in USA, Xbox is Fave"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 20:28
Regular
Taken from www.officialxboxmagazine.co.uk: -

"The results of the largest survey of gamers this year has revealed that Xbox is the top console of choice this Christmas.

Over 12,000 US gamers were asked, "What console do you plan to buy in the coming year?" and 39 percent answered Xbox! 27 percent answered PlayStation 2, and 17 percent plan to pick up a GameCube.

The study also showed that game demos are the most influence over game purchase decisions. When asked "Which of these items highly influence your game purchase decisions?" nearly 8 out of 10 respondents (78%) ranked game demos the number 1 factor, far ahead of the number 2 response: game reviews (47%). Both television commercials (35%) and magazine ads (31%) trailed furthest behind as drivers."

Not bad eh?
Page:
Thu 12/09/02 at 13:58
Regular
The difference is, MS cut after just 1 and a half months, and cut a whole £100.

A £30 price cut after over 3 months doesn't hurt the launch buyers so much.
If Nintendo cut the Gamecube by £30, I wouldn't feel gutted for paying the full price at launch.
No need for reward packs.
Wed 11/09/02 at 23:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I don't think it was very long before the N64 came down in price. I don't remember the early buyers getting anything back either.
So if Nintendo react to the recent X-Box and PS2 price drops, will they offer anything to the early buyers of the GC ?

It'll be interesting to see what happens if they do.
Wed 11/09/02 at 23:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Maverick wrote:
> There's a reason for that, and that's because the price went down VERY
> quickly. That's happened to no other consoles, because they all sold
> well.

It happened to the N64.

The reason it went down wasn't because if the machines quality, its just MS aimed too high with their initial predictions and what they thought the average joe was prepared to pay.

They expected the advertising to develop a PS kind brand overnight and it didn't work. They expected too much too soon basically.
Wed 11/09/02 at 23:06
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Maverick wrote:
> well.

It happened to the N64.

The reason it went down wasn't because if the machines quality, its just MS aimed too high with their initial predictions and what they thought the average joe was prepared to pay.

They expected the advertising to develop a PS kind brand overnight and it didn't work. They expected too much too soon basically.
Wed 11/09/02 at 22:43
Maverick42 wrote:
> Savatt78 wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> Have X-Box and PS2 owners got anything back? No.
>
> Microsoft did that package for people that bought the X-Box before
> the
> price drop. It did please everyone but at least it was something.
> I've never known Sony or Nintendo to do this and Nintendo are
> supposed
> to be this angelic buyer loving company according to a lot of
> Ninties.
>
> well.

> I'm not saying Nintendo aren't interested in profit, far from it. It's
> just that I think they offer great value for money and really make
> sure their customers are getting what they're paying for, rather than
> cashing in and exploiting their customers.

I suppose I loved the mulitplayer on all there past consoles and including the gamecube
Wed 11/09/02 at 20:58
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
>
> Microsoft did that package for people that bought the X-Box before the
> price drop. It did please everyone but at least it was something.
> I've never known Sony or Nintendo to do this and Nintendo are supposed
> to be this angelic buyer loving company according to a lot of
> Ninties.

There's a reason for that, and that's because the price went down VERY quickly. That's happened to no other consoles, because they all sold well.

I'm not saying Nintendo aren't interested in profit, far from it. It's just that I think they offer great value for money and really make sure their customers are getting what they're paying for, rather than cashing in and exploiting their customers.
Mon 09/09/02 at 16:09
Regular
Nintendo Customer Care - Pfft.

*Curses at crappy Nintendo customer care*
Sun 08/09/02 at 23:50
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:

Microsoft did that package for people that bought the X-Box before the price drop. It did please everyone but at least it was something. I've never known Sony or Nintendo to do this and Nintendo are supposed to be this angelic buyer loving company according to a lot of Ninties.

I'm not saying Microsoft are - to me all companies are out to make a profit. No company is a saint.
Sun 08/09/02 at 23:08
Regular
I think Nintendo are very much about customer care. Of course, all companies want to make a profit, but Nintendo aren't about cheap cash ins (EA and PS2 for example). The reason games for the N64 were so high in price was because the cartridges cost so much to make - and Nintendo weren't making any more profit than Sony at £50.00 a pop (which is what the average game was before halfway through the consoles life when they dropped to £44.99). Also, I had one official memory card and that was fine for the eleven games I had, I don't know what happened with yours.

Anyway, forget the past. Here's to the future!
Sun 08/09/02 at 22:59
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> With the X-Box and PS2 now down considerably in price, it'll be
> interesting to see if Nintendo make a similar move and if they do,
> will the people that have already bought one get anything back for
> their loyalty.

Have X-Box and PS2 owners got anything back? No.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.