GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox Live Beta Test"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/08/02 at 15:42
Regular
Just got an email today from Microsoft saying that Iam one of the people to be chosen for Beta testing for XBox live. The email says :

" Thanks for waiting to participate in the beta. The response exceeded 100,000.

We wanted to let you know we plan to send you an email no later than September 20th regarding your status to potentially be included in our beta test program.
You're at the top of our pre-registration list for our ongoing beta program. So you'll be the first to create a Gamertag and the first to know when it's time to get in this incredibly intense, high-speed gaming experience. That means you can start creating a rep before most.

In the meantime, check out http://www.xbox.com/live/ for the latest news and updates on Xbox™ Live. Or, copy and paste the link into your browser.

Thanks again for your desire to participate in the beta and you will hear from us soon. "

This is great news for me as Iam really looking forward to player XBox online.

-Xbox Live Beta Selection Team
Sun 25/08/02 at 12:44
Regular
From www.xbox.com/live

"Q: When will the beta start in Japan and Europe?

A: We are planning to have testers from Japan and Europe enter the beta in August and September. Specific dates for each will be announced shortly. Stay tuned."

Stay Tuned Kids.
Sun 25/08/02 at 12:38
Regular
lol :)

The Xbox LIVE site has been updated

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/default.htm

Quite a few intresting stuff on there.
Sun 25/08/02 at 12:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well obviously. ;-))
We'll all have to start thinking of names and see what we come up with. ;-)
Sun 25/08/02 at 11:05
Regular
savatt1668 wrote:
> Yeah thats already in the works mate. :-)
> Not just for Unreal Championship but for all X-Box Live games that we
> all have.

Hmmm but we'd have to think of a team name, not summit cheesy like "SR Power Rangers"
Sat 24/08/02 at 17:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah thats already in the works mate. :-)
Not just for Unreal Championship but for all X-Box Live games that we all have.
Sat 24/08/02 at 14:29
Regular
Europes X02 event is coming soon, they will most likely announce the release date then.

Maybe we could make an SR clan/squad/team whatever you wanna call it for Unreal Championship, that'd be quite cool.
Sat 24/08/02 at 12:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I signed up for the Beta testing too but I gave them my other e-mail address that I never use, I'll have to try and find the stupid password for it and see if I've had anything back.

I'm really looking forward to playing Mech Assault and Unreal Championship when they come out. :-) So far I'll probably end up owning at least most X-Box Live titles that are on the way so far. :-)

Now that the U.S date is November, hopefully we should find out when we're due to recieve it. Plus as far as going up against the yanks goes, has anyone considered the big headstart they get ?
I think at first we'll only get to face people around Europe because of the different speeds or something, but eventually we should be able to play against the Americans. Thing is, look at the gap when a game is released. It might not matter so much for say a beat em up (except they still get some hefty practise in), but when it comes to a level building game like RPG's (Phantasy Star Online, etc), they get a big headstart so they'll be on high levels while us poor sods are still struggling along at level 5.

Might not be so bad if its team orientated, but if theres a competitive side to it and players can kill eachother and stuff then countries like the U.S get a pretty unfair headstart while we're still waiting for god knows how long to join in.
I think a few games at least need to be released in all countries at the same time so at least a level playing field can be offered to all those that want to get into the game from day one.
Fri 23/08/02 at 22:54
Regular
I have read that the Xbox Live pack includes a game, does that mean that you can choose any of the Xbox Live titles for your package? Or do they choose the game for you? It could even be a game especially designed for use with Xbox Live, who knows! Microsoft will probably give away the pack if you are selected otherwise it may be a bit pointless. Microsoft are usually pretty good with gestures and although the customer service department may be one of the worst I have ever dealt with I think that all parties invloved with the Beta test will gain in some way or another.

Whilst looking around PC WORLD (pfft not as good as SR :D) I saw an advertisement for Freeserve Broadband again and my mom was very interested. We picked up a leaflet (even though we have a CD Rom and package at already) and my mom thinks that we should get the package before christmas of this year. For those who haven't taken an interest in Xbox Live that means that I will have Broadband before Xbox Live is released over here in the UK (although the release date hasn't been decided as yet). Quite a good day all round I would say :D
Fri 23/08/02 at 22:14
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
that mean that u will get the xbox live pack for free?
Fri 23/08/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I got that email as well. But thats about the American Beta testing, as they mention the November 15th date for Xbox live, which is the American date. We still have no confirmation on when the UK and Europe will actually recieve Xbox live. So we should be some of the first in the UK to recieve Beta testing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.