GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend a film...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/08/02 at 20:03
Regular
Go on recommend a film that you've seen, no mainstream big budget nonsense though a film you've seen that a lot of people probably haven't even heard of. I don't want any bib wearing, pant wetting tards coming in and saying something like Pearl Harbour or Austin Powers 3.

I would recommend

Two Thousand Maniacs (1964): One of the first gore film ever made, directed by the infamous sleaze director H G Lewis, the film tells the story of a small southern town who are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Civil War. They capture a small group of North Americans and force them to take part in such 'fun' events as roll-the-man-in-the-nail-lined-barrel and target practice involving a pretty girl and a boulder. Hillarious gory cheese fest that has to be seen to be beleived only really for those with a sick sense of humour,anyone with a weak stomach should stay away.
Thu 22/08/02 at 17:30
Regular
"That's right!"
The film with the giant worms (graboids)

It rocks, because Kevin Bacon is the man (one of the few times he plays a good guy)
Thu 22/08/02 at 17:32
Regular
That film rules, saw it aaaages ago and thought it was great.
Thu 22/08/02 at 19:53
two completely different good films - heat, and hunt for red october. too much thinking involved tho for me
Sat 24/08/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I watched The Last Castle yesterday. That's a pretty good film. Go watch it!

:)
Sun 25/08/02 at 05:26
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
CKY
Sun 25/08/02 at 09:19
Stir Crazy

Still funny after all those years
Sun 25/08/02 at 09:27
Memento
Sun 25/08/02 at 11:15
"possibly impossible"
An older classic in the same vein as Spaceballs is Morons from Outer Space, featuring Mel Smith, Grif Rhys Jones and Jimmy Nail. Very funny, especially the Close Encounters rip-off scene.

For modern comedy, try Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. It's basically an martial arts film, completely re-dubbed, with the Director (and star) Steve Oedekerk (of Ace Ventura fame) put into the action, similar to Forest Gump's historical scenes. It's very funny at times, but some of the jokes are a bit crude or silly, basically the same as some of the jokes in Spaceballs.
Sun 25/08/02 at 17:39
Get Carter.
Sun 25/08/02 at 18:49
Regular
"col"
Has any1 mentioned the great police academy series yet, i like to watch these films on digital when they are on.....dont ever show number 6 anymore though :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.