GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend a film...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/08/02 at 20:03
Regular
Go on recommend a film that you've seen, no mainstream big budget nonsense though a film you've seen that a lot of people probably haven't even heard of. I don't want any bib wearing, pant wetting tards coming in and saying something like Pearl Harbour or Austin Powers 3.

I would recommend

Two Thousand Maniacs (1964): One of the first gore film ever made, directed by the infamous sleaze director H G Lewis, the film tells the story of a small southern town who are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Civil War. They capture a small group of North Americans and force them to take part in such 'fun' events as roll-the-man-in-the-nail-lined-barrel and target practice involving a pretty girl and a boulder. Hillarious gory cheese fest that has to be seen to be beleived only really for those with a sick sense of humour,anyone with a weak stomach should stay away.
Tue 20/08/02 at 10:09
Everyone in the world must watch 'This is Spinal Tap'.

If only for the 'Amp goes up to 11' scene.

Class songs too.

*sings big bottomed girls*
Tue 20/08/02 at 11:06
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Hur hur yeah, read the first paragraph of my original post.
>
> *sniggers*

Ah, bollards, I've made myself look like a fool...

*walks away hanging his head*

Ah, but I'm a gypsy, I have no brain! :-)
Tue 20/08/02 at 12:46
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Tetchy wrote:
> Everyone in the world must watch 'This is Spinal Tap'.
>
> If only for the 'Amp goes up to 11' scene.
>
> Class songs too.
>
> *sings big bottomed girls*

Cool, I watched that again yesterday. Also, make sure you watch The Royal Tenenbaums, largely ignored by the population of the Earth, it's by the same guy who did Rushmore.
Tue 20/08/02 at 12:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Chopper" because it's fantastic.

"I'm gonna give you 20 seconds to get me the money, because I reckon that's as long as it'll take me to shoot you before you reach the door"
Tue 20/08/02 at 14:52
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Chopper rocks.

"It's like if your mum s**tabbed you. You wouldn't get upset or angry. You'd go 'oh sh*t mum's s**tabbed me I'd better get off to the hospital'"
Tue 20/08/02 at 15:02
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Mele wrote:
> Angel Heart

Brilliant film, marred slightly by the fact that I got the twist about half way through. Not as bad as sixth sense which I ruined for all my family by getting the twist straight after the introductory scene.

Oh well, films about ritual murder and vodoo have got to be good. Films starring micky o'rouke (sp?) are better (mmmmmmm)
Wed 21/08/02 at 16:34
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Watched Chopper last night as it happens. I loved the little ditty to the bungled car park shooting.

Inspired.

Pitch Black is a cool film that may have passed many people by...
Wed 21/08/02 at 16:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
<- Pappa Lazarou -> wrote:
> CDouch wrote:
> I think Bogus Journey is the best Bill & Ted movie
>
> indeed, I think death (the character) makes that film..

Mhmm and does the ending rule or what?
Wed 21/08/02 at 17:01
Regular
"That's right!"
The Thing - classic
Tremors - everyone must've seen it by now, but if not *cough* Hercules *cough* - go see it
Space Balls - we're the Space Balls! Yes we're the Space Balls!
The Rock - slow motion massacre of Navy Seal team. 'Nough said
Pulp Fiction - Jules. And the gimp. 'Nough said
Reservoir Dogs - Mr Pink. He doesn't tip. He rules
Die Hard - same applies to Tremors
Robocop (director's cut) - worth it, just for the extra blood
Wed 21/08/02 at 17:21
Regular
Wag The Dog starring Hoffman and DeNiro is worth a look.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.