GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend a film...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/08/02 at 20:03
Regular
Go on recommend a film that you've seen, no mainstream big budget nonsense though a film you've seen that a lot of people probably haven't even heard of. I don't want any bib wearing, pant wetting tards coming in and saying something like Pearl Harbour or Austin Powers 3.

I would recommend

Two Thousand Maniacs (1964): One of the first gore film ever made, directed by the infamous sleaze director H G Lewis, the film tells the story of a small southern town who are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Civil War. They capture a small group of North Americans and force them to take part in such 'fun' events as roll-the-man-in-the-nail-lined-barrel and target practice involving a pretty girl and a boulder. Hillarious gory cheese fest that has to be seen to be beleived only really for those with a sick sense of humour,anyone with a weak stomach should stay away.
Sat 31/08/02 at 08:40
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Fight Club.
Thu 29/08/02 at 19:56
Regular
"One More Chance"
Although it's not a film I think you should all watch the Police Squad series with Frank Drebin (Leslie Nielsen).

But seeing as though you want a film watch Naked Gun. Basically it's Police Squad in a movie.
Thu 29/08/02 at 19:27
Brian, d'you used to play for the Boro ?

Brian Deane wrote:
> Get Carter.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:18
Regular
coolest1here wrote:
> Has any1 mentioned the great police academy series yet, i like to
> watch these films on digital when they are on.....dont ever show
> number 6 anymore though :(

That's a banning offence on it's own, Police Academy great? my ar$e.
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:19
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Have to agree that office space is a good film, having seen it recently, but not a classic. Saying that I would highly reccomend Almost Famous, Gladiator, Escape from New York, The thing, Aliens, The terminator series, Fast + The furious, theres just too many great films to list here, just be sure to avoid Soul Survivors, As much as I like Eliza Dushku, that was the most painfully bad movie I have ever saw, I almost felt like leaving the cinema early - something that Ive never felt like before - Gee that movie sucked big time.
Tue 27/08/02 at 21:17
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
Mostly foreign (and Japanese at that)

Brother, Hana-Bi and all of Takeshi Kitano's other films, but particularly like these two.

Funny Games, and it is quite funny actually.

Ichi the Killer - A great action/splatter film by the chap who did Audition & the Dead or Alive trilogy. Only available with English subs on chinese DVD, but has had a good 10-15 mins cut out of it (if it was too violent for them it will be interesting to see how it fares at the BBFC). Not one to watch with the ladies though.

Office Space - criminally overlooked.

Ravenous - Cannibal fun

Cowboy Bebop - Cartoon - yes, for kids - no.

Bersek - see above, but more so on part 2.

Ultraviolet - superb British tv show about vampires. Useless fact - the word vampire isn't used once in the series.

The way of the gun - fun with guns.
Tue 27/08/02 at 19:21
Hunt for Red October - another excellent example of the big man's range of accents.

Sdrawkcab wrote:
> two completely different good films - heat, and hunt for red october.
> too much thinking involved tho for me
Tue 27/08/02 at 19:18
Alfie

...So I said to er my girl, your not as ugly as I thought.

Shaddas on me lungs !!!
Sun 25/08/02 at 18:49
Regular
"col"
Has any1 mentioned the great police academy series yet, i like to watch these films on digital when they are on.....dont ever show number 6 anymore though :(
Sun 25/08/02 at 17:39
Get Carter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.