GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 - worth getting?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/06/08 at 16:32
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Ive been waiting a while to see what comes out on it and only now is it starting to catch my interest, games id buy would be stuff like Drakes Fortune, and Lego Indy, and probably the new Civ game, but is this enough to justify a rather expensive console?
Wed 11/06/08 at 13:39
Regular
"Mooching around"
pete_21 wrote:
> I thought this was funny,if you hadn't seen it:
>
>
> Yahtzee's
> Console Rundown

Ha! Brilliant =D The final fantasy bit and the Schrödinger Console "niether bricked nor un-bricked" had me laughing =)
Wed 11/06/08 at 10:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pete_21 wrote:
> I thought this was funny,if you hadn't seen it:
>
>
> Yahtzee's
> Console Rundown

"If Final Fantasy continues the tradition of most new Final Fantasy's then you can probably simulate it just as well by listening to the Star Wars soundtrack while huffing nitrous-oxide and reading an excel spreadsheet"
Wed 11/06/08 at 09:41
"possibly impossible"
spoonbeast wrote:
> tbh, i would wait just that bit longer. Theres some good games
> coming out, but not enough to actually warrent you go out and
> instantly buy it. Yeah you could watch blu-ray if you want, but i
> sense that a cheap blu ray player isn't far away.

It's not so much the cost of Blu Ray players, but the abilities. Most of the cheaper ones won't have very good upgradability or ethernet ports, where as the PS3 is the most up-to-date and this matters if you're at all interested in extras or downloadable content.

I'd also argue that there are some good games out already and if you don't already have a 360 and prefer the titles on the PS3 there are certainly plenty of games to choose from.

If you have a 360, though, then things are slightly different as the majority of games on both platforms are multi-platform now (or will be soon) so it's just down to whether you want the few extra exclusive titles on the PS3 platform.
Tue 10/06/08 at 22:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
I thought this was funny,if you hadn't seen it:

Yahtzee's Console Rundown
Sun 08/06/08 at 22:35
Regular
"eat toast!"
tbh, i would wait just that bit longer. Theres some good games coming out, but not enough to actually warrent you go out and instantly buy it. Yeah you could watch blu-ray if you want, but i sense that a cheap blu ray player isn't far away.
Sun 08/06/08 at 19:28
Regular
"Mooching around"
Perfect, I was struggling for a Wii one.
Sun 08/06/08 at 19:05
"possibly impossible"
and the Wii is the VW Golf. Sensible, but fun.
Sun 08/06/08 at 12:51
Regular
"Mooching around"
Exactly! I'm shallow, so the PS3 is perfect for me :)

Plus I find the 360 a bit a child's toy, and I hate its menu system. Small details of course, but still.
Sun 08/06/08 at 08:33
Regular
"I like turtles"
So the PS3 is like a Mercedes Benz :overpriced,overrated,cost a fortune to own and while technically very impressive people who own them are generally very boring !!.

While the Xbox 360 is like a Mazda MX-5 which is of course the ultimate hairdressers car,rubbish performance and generally owned by girls (and blokes you probably wouldn't go out for a drink with !!).
Sun 08/06/08 at 01:49
Regular
"Mooching around"
My view in a car analogy:

Xbox 360 - A Mazada MX-5, fairly priced, every bloke with too much testosterone wants one. They work just great these days and are quite sporty in a straight line affair.

PS3 - Elegant, and bit more polished, and a tad pretencious, like a Mercedes-Benz. Yes it's a bit more expensive, but it's good investment. You feel the business if you own one, like you've bought something a bit more special.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.