GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" Zelda on Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/08/02 at 22:10
Regular
Do you all remember the Legend of Zelda and Majora's Mask on N64?
Do you all remember the graphics,the temples and characters?
Now that the Gamecube is out theres a new Zelda game
in the making, coming soon. But when I saw the screen shots
in a Nintendo magazine I was totally shocked and disappointed.
They had made it look like a stupid little cartoon, leaving you wondering
what on earth was going through the designers head. He's disappointed
lots of Zelda fans and I can only hope he makes a new improved
Zelda game as a very quick follow up. Although it'd be nice to think that the screen shots are just a sick joke. Imagine playstation turning Lara Croft into a Powerpuff Girl lookalike, they'd be an uproar.
Page:
Sat 17/08/02 at 11:30
Regular
Hasnt this debate been done before?
Also the debate over it being cel shaded is annoying as most people are like you all and moaned about the cel sahding but then saw it running and were blown away.
Yes i agree that the graphics at spaceworld were better and i to would prefer them, although i heard there is another 3D game coming out in the next year or so, i wish that for once shigys would leave out orginality in this case and of left zelda how it was. He should have done it on a diffrent game and maybe create a new story and characters to use so we would never know what they would look like in full glory.

But graphics aside its going to be a good game as its a zelda one and also the link up version between the GC and GBA for this game finnaly shows off what the connection can do and has stopped me wondering if its a good thing.

I for one will buy it.
Sat 17/08/02 at 11:33
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> TOSH wrote:
> celda looks rubish its cel shading terible it looks like disney
> choir
> boys
>
> I trust old Shigsy - and you shouldn't deem a game terrible without
> playing it or reading a proper review. Graphics aren't everything you
> know.

I love the new graphics, they give link and the world a sense of charactor unseen in previous zelda games.
Sat 17/08/02 at 13:18
Regular
The Zelda franchise contains some of my favourite games of all time. I like the graphics, I don't exactly love them, but I think they're a breath of fresh air, and what really matters is how the game will play. If we judge this on previous Zelda's, then it's going to be amazing.

I'm buying it - no matter what.
Sat 17/08/02 at 13:40
Regular
"keep your receipt"
> I love the new graphics, they give link and the world a sense of
> charactor unseen in previous zelda games.

I totally agree. After watching the new Zelda in motion, OoT seemed so lifeless and sterile in comparison. Now according to those two idiots OoT is a more realistic game. But I see the new Zelda as an infinite improvement on OoT already, BECAUSE of the new graphical style. Its obvious that the new Zelda will be far more fun and immersive than ever. Whens the ETA?
Sat 17/08/02 at 13:48
Regular
"egg heads replacmen"
i like the new zelda as it runs alot smother on looks.

there gonna bring out the old zeldas on gc with better grafics sounds good to me
Sat 17/08/02 at 14:21
Regular
Mid 2003 I thought. Nintendo have bben very quiet about their 2003 plans. Thinking about going Online, they might be. [My Yoda-esque sentence there] Design a modem, they will.
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:29
Hey superfreak! Graphics are everything,its what makes the game afterall. Most Zelda fans were looking forward to Link in glorious 3D Gamecube graphics, looking as human as possible. I thought that was the whole point of bringing out the new improved consoles, you're supposed to be getting new improved graphics. The next Zelda game he brings out, he'll probably really push the boat out and make it 2D.
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:32
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
britgamer wrote:
> Hey superfreak! Graphics are everything,

Stupid boy, stupid,boy, stupid boy, stupid boy,

You've just made a BIIIIIIG mistake.
Even if the games were simpler than nes graphics it wouldn't matter, sure it wouldn't sell as well as one with great graphics as some people are shallow(stupid boy, stupid boy). To a true gamer it is all in the gameplay.
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:36
Regular
You're an idiot.

Do you know what 3D means?

Just because the new Link doesn't look like a plastacine model (AND you think THAT'S realistic?!?), you think the graphics are crap?

Yes. It looks like a cartoon. A genuine cartoon.

You seem to think that all cartoons are disney. Perhaps that's the only sort of cartoon that you mummy let you watch!

Well let us enlighten you.
NOT ALL CARTOONS ARE FOR KIDS.

Don't get me wrong, Shigsy's not going to turn the new Zelda into some sort of hentai/manga production, but just because the game looks like a cartoon, rather than moving plastacine models, that doesn't mean it looks crap.

It just means that the animation will be smoother and more imaginative, and there won't be any collision detection glitches or any mess ups like that.

It's not 2D.
Stop pre-judging the game by some screenshots you saw in some magazine!
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:37
Regular
"egg heads replacmen"
Simzer wrote:
> britgamer wrote:
> Hey superfreak! Graphics are everything,
>
> Stupid boy, stupid,boy, stupid boy, stupid boy,
>
> You've just made a BIIIIIIG mistake.
> Even if the games were simpler than nes graphics it wouldn't matter,
> sure it wouldn't sell as well as one with great graphics as some
> people are shallow(stupid boy, stupid boy). To a true gamer it is all
> in the gameplay.

to right it may look good but if it has a stupid and pointless story line then in my books it no good grafics ent every thing they have added alot more to it like hiding behind thing and looking round the corner pick up enemys weapons. i've made the mistake of looking for grifics only and i hate all the games.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.