GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" Zelda on Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/08/02 at 22:10
Regular
Do you all remember the Legend of Zelda and Majora's Mask on N64?
Do you all remember the graphics,the temples and characters?
Now that the Gamecube is out theres a new Zelda game
in the making, coming soon. But when I saw the screen shots
in a Nintendo magazine I was totally shocked and disappointed.
They had made it look like a stupid little cartoon, leaving you wondering
what on earth was going through the designers head. He's disappointed
lots of Zelda fans and I can only hope he makes a new improved
Zelda game as a very quick follow up. Although it'd be nice to think that the screen shots are just a sick joke. Imagine playstation turning Lara Croft into a Powerpuff Girl lookalike, they'd be an uproar.
Page:
Fri 16/08/02 at 23:19
Exactly. Choosing cell shading makes the usual route of a typical series different and more interesting to follow.

By taking the more conventional route, Miyamoto may have consigned Zelda to be another "standard" evolution, which is what he wanted to avoid.
Fri 16/08/02 at 23:21
Regular
britgamer wrote:
> Really I think he should of spent all of his hard work on a 3D zelda
> game.

It is 3D you nonse!
Yes, it might look 2D in the screenshots, but see it rolling and you'll find the slickest animation and most fluid gameplay (it looks fluid atleast) in any game that you'll have ever seen.
If Miyamoto had made it realistic, he would have had to have sacrificed a lot of this, which is what most unimaginative games designers would do, only he knows better, a LOT better.
Fri 16/08/02 at 23:29
Right i can't reply now coz its late but i'll be here tomorow.seeya people.
Fri 16/08/02 at 23:32
Regular
Personally, i think the next zelda game is starfox adventures.

Maybe shigsy plans to make celda fail expensively, then while ninty weather the storm, all the rubbish developers follow the style, make huge losses and go into liquidation.
Then ninty unveil the real zelda, sell billions, and live a happy life free of cheap copies.

You know it makes sense :^)
Fri 16/08/02 at 23:34
Regular
Only the new Zelda is looking very promising, and will probably be an even bigger success than it's predecessors...
Fri 16/08/02 at 23:40
Regular
All part of the illusion my friend :^)
Sat 17/08/02 at 00:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
TOSH wrote:
> but you must not have seen the space world demo with link against
> ganondorf in the best graphics ever you must not play many games

Nah, you must not play very many games. From that comment it appears you are more worried about the way a game looks than how it plays. So while the rest of us play games, it seems you'd be content to just look at the pwetty (note, intentional spelling mistake...) pictures.

Also, have you bothered to look further back than the N64? Were the SNES, NES, GameBoy Zelda games realistic? No, the SNES version had cartoony style graphics. Was it a bad game? No, it was an amazing game.

The graphics may make a difference aesthetically, but unless you are (as you seem to be) worried more about graphics than gameplay, they're not going to be the over-riding factor.

Thank you, and goodnight.
Sat 17/08/02 at 01:25
but that was the best the nes could do but game cube can do alot better
Sat 17/08/02 at 01:42
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
No, the SNES could handle sprites. They could have been made to look *more* realistic (not as realistic as on the Cube, but they could've been a LOT more 'real' looking than they were...), but they were made cartoony. Why? You're viewing the world through the eyes (not literally, but y'know what I mean) of a young boy. It's a lot more appropriate to make it cartoony than all realistic.

Anyway, do you honestly believe the graphics have much bearing on the way a game plays?!?
Sat 17/08/02 at 02:34
Regular
TOSH wrote:
> celda looks rubish its cel shading terible it looks like disney choir
> boys

I trust old Shigsy - and you shouldn't deem a game terrible without playing it or reading a proper review. Graphics aren't everything you know.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.