GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" Zelda on Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/08/02 at 22:10
Regular
Do you all remember the Legend of Zelda and Majora's Mask on N64?
Do you all remember the graphics,the temples and characters?
Now that the Gamecube is out theres a new Zelda game
in the making, coming soon. But when I saw the screen shots
in a Nintendo magazine I was totally shocked and disappointed.
They had made it look like a stupid little cartoon, leaving you wondering
what on earth was going through the designers head. He's disappointed
lots of Zelda fans and I can only hope he makes a new improved
Zelda game as a very quick follow up. Although it'd be nice to think that the screen shots are just a sick joke. Imagine playstation turning Lara Croft into a Powerpuff Girl lookalike, they'd be an uproar.
Page:
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:40
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Why did you qoute my message for that??
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:44
Regular
britgamer wrote:
> Really I think he should of spent all of his hard work on a 3D zelda
> game.

Cel-shading IS 3D!
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:45
Of course gameplay is important but I don't know about you, when I buy the new improved Gamecube I am expecting an all round improvement. Are you telling me that as long as the gameplay is great, who cares what the graphics are like? Stupid boy!
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:49
Regular
I've just thought of something - I bet the N64 couldn't handle Cel-Shading! Too complex shading in 3D for the console to process methinks.
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:58
What I was looking forward to in the new Zelda was a more human-like Link. I was hoping the cube was really going to be tested and we were really going to get our monies worth. Did you know the original screenshots he showed before the recent ones, were of a more human looking Link? This is what is so disappointing. One minute he's promising one thing and then he's palming us off with this. Sorry, when I said 3D I actually meant more life like.
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:02
Regular
britgamer wrote:
> What I was looking forward to in the new Zelda was a more human-like
> Link. I was hoping the cube was really going to be tested and we were
> really going to get our monies worth. Did you know the original
> screenshots he showed before the recent ones, were of a more human
> looking Link? This is what is so disappointing. One minute he's
> promising one thing and then he's palming us off with this. Sorry,
> when I said 3D I actually meant more life like.

The original screenshots of a GameCube Zelda game were Cel-shaded.

The 'Demo' wasn't of a Zelda game, just an FMV sequence showing the power of the GameCube.
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
britgamer wrote:
> Of course gameplay is important but I don't know about you, when I buy
> the new improved Gamecube I am expecting an all round improvement. Are
> you telling me that as long as the gameplay is great, who cares what
> the graphics are like? Stupid boy!

Basically yes............. stupid boy
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:07
But still, why show it? It just left everyone thinking that this was what the new Zelda game was going to look like. It certainly got me going anyway.
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:08
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Bollards. Shigsy never promised anything. For all you knew at the time, the Spaceworld demo was of Super Smash Bros Melee. No-one ever said 'this is the next Zelda game'. Quite frankly, it was obvious that it was just a video. Link lost his shield and went at ganondorf both hands on his sword. How would they implement that into gameplay may I ask? Okay, people could assume that the next Zelda would take that graphical style, but no-one ever said that it WAS the next Zelda style. It was purely a tech demo.

And yeah, I'd much prefer to play a game with graphics like on the NES if it has the best gamelpay around. As long as I can see what I'm doing, I'm not bothered. Eye candy is nice, but it;s certainly not why I buy the game. And we get new consoles so developers can expand their vision. So they can create bigger and better games. While for many developers this means better special effects and an unimaginative sequel I'd prefer to play a better game rather than look at prettier graphics.
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:10
Oh well, you are very easily pleased then.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.