GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Euro 2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/08 at 17:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is the place to discuss Euro 2008 starting June 7th. I, as ever, will be watching as much as I possibly can and I'll try to keep this up to date with match results, goalscorers and possibly a review of each match.

If you would like to play Fantasy Euro 2008, Click Here

Enter 98433-31086 to join our league.

Here are the upcoming matches and the channels you can catch them:

Group Stages

Switzerland 0 V 1 Czech Republic (A) - June 7th
Sverkos 70'
Portugal 2 V 0 Turkey (A) - June 7th
Pepe 61'
Raul Meireles 90+3'
Austria 0 V 1 Croatia (B) - June 8th
Modric Pen 4'
Germany 2 V 0 Poland (B) - June 8th
Podolski (2) 20' + 72'
Romania 0 V 0 France (C) - June 9th
Netherlands 3 V 0 Italy (C) - June 9th
Van Nistelrooy 26'
Sneijder 31'
Van Bronckhorst 79'
Spain 4 V 1 Russia (D) - June 10th
Villa (3) 20', 44' + 75'
Fabregas 90+1'

Pavlyuchenko 86'
Greece 0 V 2 Sweden (D) - June 10th
Ibrahimovic 67'
Hanssen 72'
Czech Republic 1 V 3 Portugal (A) - June 11th
Deco 8'
Sionko 17'
Ronaldo 63'
Quaresma 90+1'

Switzerland 1 V 2 Turkey (A) - June 11th
Yakin 32'
Semih 57'
Arda 90+2'

Croatia 2 V 1 Germany (B) - June 12th
Srna 24'
Olic 62'

Podolski 79'
Schweinsteiger sent off
Austria 1 V 1 Poland (B) - June 12th
Guerreiro 30' (Poland)
Vastic Pen 90+3' (Austria)
Italy 1 V 1 Romania (C) - June 13th
Mutu 55' (Romania)
Panucci 56' (Italy)
Netherlands 4 V 1 France (C) - June 13th
Kuyt 9'
Van Persie 59'

Henry 71'
Robben 72'
Sneijder 90+2'

Sweden 1 V 2 Spain (D) - June 14th
Torres 15'
Ibrahimovic 34'
Villa 90+2'
Greece 0 V 1 Russia (D) - June 14th
Zyryanov 33'
Switzerland 2 V 0 Portugal (A) - June 15th
Yakin 71' + Pen 83'
Turkey 3 V 2 Czech Republic (A) - June 15th
Koller 34'
Plasil 62'
Arda 75'
Nihat 87' + 89'

Volkan sent off
Austria 0 V 1 Germany (B) - June 16th
Ballack 49'
Poland 0 V 1 Croatia (B) - June 16th
Klasnic 53'
France 0 V 2 Italy (C) - June 17th
Abidal sent off
Pirlo pen 25'
De Rossi 62'
Netherlands 2 V 0 Romania (C) - June 17th
Huntelaar 54'
Van Persie 87'
Greece 1 V 2 Spain (D) - June 18th
Charisteas 42'
De La Red 61'
Guiza 88'

Russia 2 V 0 Sweden (D) - June 18th
Pavlyuchenko 24'
Arshavin 50'

Quarter Finals

Portugal 2 V 3 Germany - June 19th
Schweinsteiger 22'
Klose 26'

Nuno Gomes 40'
Ballack 61'
Postiga 87'
Croatia 1 V 1 Turkey AET - June 20th
Turkey win 3-1 on penalties
Klasnic 119' (Croatia)
Semih 120+2' (Turkey)
Holland 1 V 3 Russia AET - June 21st
Pavlyuchenko 56'
Van Nistelrooy 86'
Torbinskiy 112'
Arshavin 116'

Spain 0 V 0 Italy AET - June 22nd
Spain win 4-2 on penalties

Semi Finals

Germany 3 V 2 Turkey - June 25th
Boral 22'
Schweinsteiger 26'
Klose 79'

Semih 86'
Lahm 90'
Russia 0 V 3 Spain - June 26th
Xavi 50'
Guiza 73'
Silva 82'

Final

Germany 0 V 1 Spain - June 29th
Torres 33'

SPAIN WIN EURO 2008!
Mon 09/06/08 at 16:45
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Funny you mention Spain and Italy. I say Spain when any big tournament comes round and my brother got Italy in the sweepstakes at work.

Neither will win it then...
Mon 09/06/08 at 17:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Anelka had a difficult chance early on as he couldn't hook his shot towards the goal. Malouda was set free but couldn't reach the ball before the keeper or didn't want to. Mutu had a chance but delayed his shot and the chance was gone.

Anelka got a good chance at around the 30 minute mark when he headed over. Other than that, it was a really dull first half with neither keeper having to do a lot. France will want to get points on the board in this tough group.
Mon 09/06/08 at 18:56
Regular
"Monochromatic"
5 games in and so far this is by far the worst tournament i've ever seen.
France were completely lacking in ideas and didnt deserve to win. No suprise, their coach widely regarded as an idiot.
Mon 09/06/08 at 18:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
That is a big blow for France but they brought it on themselves. They showed no urgency and were pretty lifeless. Benzema had a shot which the keeper saved but that was it.

I can't see, on this performance, France getting out of their group. The French will have to hope that the bigger games drag something out of them.
Mon 09/06/08 at 20:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Early chances for both with a long range effort saved by Buffon, Di Natale unable to find Toni in the box and Toni trying to flick a header in and it going wide. A decent pace to the game with both teams looking dangerous, Italy more willing to soak up pressure.

Van Nistelrooy managed to break free and round the keeper but couldn't get a shot away. Van Nistelrooy then taps in a Wesley Sneijder shot and Holland take the lead, despite being offside.

A Holland break led to Kuyt heading back into the box for Sneijder to volley the ball past an oncoming Buffon. Di Natale at the other stings a volley but it was saved by Van Der Sar.

Van Nistelrooy had a chance before half time when the ball was slid into his path but Buffon made the crucial save with his legs. Di Natale smashed a shot over the bar and that was the best first half of the tournament.
Mon 09/06/08 at 20:37
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The 2nd half can be abysmal and this would still be the best game so far.
Holland are well worth the 2 goal lead, regardless of how blatantly offside that first goal was. As for Italy, they look noticably un-italian. They've not been able to close Holland down at all. Considering this is one of the oldest teams in the tournament against one of the youngest, the Italians are in a bad position of having to chase the game against Holland.
Mon 09/06/08 at 21:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Italy huffing and puffing in the second half looking for a goal and not having much joy. They tried to catch Van Der Sar out with a tricky free kick but missed. Holland continued to look dangerous on the break.

Toni beats the offside trap but the ball was still high in the air and the attempted chip went over the bar with only the keeper to beat. Grosso then gets free and Van Der Sar saves only for the Dutch defenders to scramble clear.

Pirlo's freekick was well saved by Van Der Sar and the resulting break led to Kuyt's attempt being saved and then chipped in to Van Bronckhorst and his header gave Holland a 3-0 lead. Zambrotta couldn't clear the header as it headed towards the line.

Afellay's shot skims the top of the bar as Holland go on the rampage with 10 minutes to go. Van Persie jinks around in the box but his shot was well wide.

Easily the best game of the tournament and Holland have to be one of the favourites after this result and with players still to come back from injury.
Tue 10/06/08 at 00:38
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
my poor beloved italy :(

whats this not being able to defend nonsense? I want lippi back.
Tue 10/06/08 at 14:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It seems that because Panucci was knocked off the pitch by his own goalkeeper, he is still active and therefore Van Nistelrooy was onside. I suppose, if you think about it, it makes sense.
Tue 10/06/08 at 17:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The first 15 minutes were cagey as both teams try to work each other out. Spain had most of the ball during that spell. Torres got in a race with the defender and got the ball past him, the goalkeeper rushed out and Torres slid the ball for Villa to tap in.

Russia came close to equalizing soon after when the ball across went past everyone and the shot hit the post and bounced to safety. Russia also broke free but was offside and they hit the bar but the play had been stopped for a foul.

Iniesta received the ball and Villa timed his run perfectly as Iniesta passed and Villa finished by putting it through the keepers legs. The Russians have it all to do in the second half.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.