GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Euro 2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/08 at 17:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is the place to discuss Euro 2008 starting June 7th. I, as ever, will be watching as much as I possibly can and I'll try to keep this up to date with match results, goalscorers and possibly a review of each match.

If you would like to play Fantasy Euro 2008, Click Here

Enter 98433-31086 to join our league.

Here are the upcoming matches and the channels you can catch them:

Group Stages

Switzerland 0 V 1 Czech Republic (A) - June 7th
Sverkos 70'
Portugal 2 V 0 Turkey (A) - June 7th
Pepe 61'
Raul Meireles 90+3'
Austria 0 V 1 Croatia (B) - June 8th
Modric Pen 4'
Germany 2 V 0 Poland (B) - June 8th
Podolski (2) 20' + 72'
Romania 0 V 0 France (C) - June 9th
Netherlands 3 V 0 Italy (C) - June 9th
Van Nistelrooy 26'
Sneijder 31'
Van Bronckhorst 79'
Spain 4 V 1 Russia (D) - June 10th
Villa (3) 20', 44' + 75'
Fabregas 90+1'

Pavlyuchenko 86'
Greece 0 V 2 Sweden (D) - June 10th
Ibrahimovic 67'
Hanssen 72'
Czech Republic 1 V 3 Portugal (A) - June 11th
Deco 8'
Sionko 17'
Ronaldo 63'
Quaresma 90+1'

Switzerland 1 V 2 Turkey (A) - June 11th
Yakin 32'
Semih 57'
Arda 90+2'

Croatia 2 V 1 Germany (B) - June 12th
Srna 24'
Olic 62'

Podolski 79'
Schweinsteiger sent off
Austria 1 V 1 Poland (B) - June 12th
Guerreiro 30' (Poland)
Vastic Pen 90+3' (Austria)
Italy 1 V 1 Romania (C) - June 13th
Mutu 55' (Romania)
Panucci 56' (Italy)
Netherlands 4 V 1 France (C) - June 13th
Kuyt 9'
Van Persie 59'

Henry 71'
Robben 72'
Sneijder 90+2'

Sweden 1 V 2 Spain (D) - June 14th
Torres 15'
Ibrahimovic 34'
Villa 90+2'
Greece 0 V 1 Russia (D) - June 14th
Zyryanov 33'
Switzerland 2 V 0 Portugal (A) - June 15th
Yakin 71' + Pen 83'
Turkey 3 V 2 Czech Republic (A) - June 15th
Koller 34'
Plasil 62'
Arda 75'
Nihat 87' + 89'

Volkan sent off
Austria 0 V 1 Germany (B) - June 16th
Ballack 49'
Poland 0 V 1 Croatia (B) - June 16th
Klasnic 53'
France 0 V 2 Italy (C) - June 17th
Abidal sent off
Pirlo pen 25'
De Rossi 62'
Netherlands 2 V 0 Romania (C) - June 17th
Huntelaar 54'
Van Persie 87'
Greece 1 V 2 Spain (D) - June 18th
Charisteas 42'
De La Red 61'
Guiza 88'

Russia 2 V 0 Sweden (D) - June 18th
Pavlyuchenko 24'
Arshavin 50'

Quarter Finals

Portugal 2 V 3 Germany - June 19th
Schweinsteiger 22'
Klose 26'

Nuno Gomes 40'
Ballack 61'
Postiga 87'
Croatia 1 V 1 Turkey AET - June 20th
Turkey win 3-1 on penalties
Klasnic 119' (Croatia)
Semih 120+2' (Turkey)
Holland 1 V 3 Russia AET - June 21st
Pavlyuchenko 56'
Van Nistelrooy 86'
Torbinskiy 112'
Arshavin 116'

Spain 0 V 0 Italy AET - June 22nd
Spain win 4-2 on penalties

Semi Finals

Germany 3 V 2 Turkey - June 25th
Boral 22'
Schweinsteiger 26'
Klose 79'

Semih 86'
Lahm 90'
Russia 0 V 3 Spain - June 26th
Xavi 50'
Guiza 73'
Silva 82'

Final

Germany 0 V 1 Spain - June 29th
Torres 33'

SPAIN WIN EURO 2008!
Sat 07/06/08 at 19:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Oh and GO TURKEY!
Sat 07/06/08 at 20:38
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Portugal easily the better team in the first half. The goal disallowed was right I think. It looked like Pepe was standing offside when the ball was played.

Ronaldo's free kick was going in. Initially, it looked like it just hit the post but it was actually a good save. Turkey didn't really create too many problems. Portugal need to support Nuno Gomes a bit more and they do break quickly so you would think they have the best chance to score.
Sat 07/06/08 at 21:48
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Definitely the right result in the end. Portugal really dominated. Simao got a whack in the legs as Nuno Gomes hit the post and Nuno Gomes also hit the bar from a Ronaldo cross.

Pepe's goal was nicely worked and it was a brave finish. Portugal eased off a bit and it gave Turkey a bit more belief. Tuncay should have connected when the ball came to him on the edge of the box but just kicked air. Turkey had a header but he was leaning back and it was always going to be difficult to get it on target.

The 2nd Portugal goal was a pretty standard break as Turkey were pushing for the equalizer. Nani robbed them in midfield, Ronaldo slid the ball to Moutinho, found Raul Meireles in plenty of space and it was a simple finish into an empty net.

A few dives and a few nasty challenges, particularly that karate like jump challenge that caught Nani at the end of the game. I'm surprised that didn't get a card.
Sun 08/06/08 at 17:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It was a blatent penalty to me. I'm surprised Pogatetz was so furious. Comfortable goal for Modric from the spot.

Olic wasted a clear opportunity and Croatia were much more dangerous, particularly in wider areas and getting crosses in. Austria were restricted to long range efforts and a few wasted headers from corners.

There was a few bad challenges and a bit of overreacting and diving. Austria did create a good chance near the end but they couldn't square the ball for a tap in.

Still, it's the first game to have a goal in the first half so I think it'll get more frantic quicker in the 2nd half.
Sun 08/06/08 at 18:55
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Austria only really put their foot on the pedal with 15 minutes remaining and created some good chances but Croatia did seem to be in control. They also had a chance near the end to seal it but they win their opening game thanks to the penalty.
Sun 08/06/08 at 20:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think Poland should have scored in the first minute when Lehmann flapped at a cross and it landed to an Polish player for a volley.

Germany then started to exert themselves and should have scored but Klose decided to pass rather than shoot and the chance was wasted. Germany had full control and played some penetrating football, which eventually led to Klose being free again and this time he found Podolski for a tap in to take the lead.

Poland had another chance but the shot was scuffed and it missed the far post. Gomez at the other end messed up his chance and no one could flick it in.

Germany good value for their lead but it's not over. Poland look quite dangerous and Lehmann just hasn't inspired me with any confidence.
Sun 08/06/08 at 21:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Poland started the second half well and forced Germany onto the back foot. The ball was put in the net at one point but the whistle had gone a long time before for offside.

Germany found their feet again and Ballack's powerful effort was well saved by Boruc. Germany then scored their 2nd goal when a defensive blunder gave Schweinsteiger the ball, slid it into the path of Klose, who miskicked it and it blooped up for Podolski to smash home on the volley.

Germany got Frings free in the box from a Klose cross but he failed to control it as Germany looked to close out the game. Poland force a reaction save out of Lehmann from a flick header at the near post but Germany cruised to victory.
Mon 09/06/08 at 09:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
All 4 games have fairly similar with the loser having plenty of posession but not being able to do anything with it. Business should pick up today though. Holland vs Italy isn't it?
Mon 09/06/08 at 11:43
Regular
Nin wrote:
> All 4 games have fairly similar with the loser having plenty of
> posession but not being able to do anything with it. Business
> should pick up today though. Holland vs Italy isn't it?

Indeed it is.

Also looking forward to Czech Republic V Portugal, Croatia V Germany and Netherlands V France before the weekend. Hopefully these should be good matches, and hopefully we'll get a few more goals than we've had in the first games.
Mon 09/06/08 at 14:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Anyone care to predict the winner?
I cant see past Spain or Italy and my instinct is to go with Italy, seeing as Spain so continually disappoint.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.