GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Youve Just got to Laugh at Spurs..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/08/02 at 14:40
Regular
First Rivaldo and now Morientas, both so 'No' to Spurs and according to the Chairman "it shows the ambition of Tottenham"

Well, its about time they showed some ambition hence buying the likes of Sherwood does not show any ambition, but a mediocre team.

But now they are going they are trying to buy players that would almost certainly turn down a possibility to come to England unless the Likes of Man U, Arsenal etc were interested.

Why dont they be realistic rather than ambitious and go for steals such as Geremi, Juninho, Diao, Diouf etc such players like would stabalise Spurs and improve their squad.

Yes those players are gone, but there were many players that caught the eye at the World Cup, but still Hoddle trys for the audacious bid rather than get a stabalised team to compete for something next season.

Spurs fans what do you think?
Wed 04/09/02 at 10:32
Regular
bump it for my attention in may!
Wed 04/09/02 at 10:42
"Darkness, always"
I think I'll take a photo of the league position, so you can wear it as an avatar if SR ever get round to implementing them...
Wed 04/09/02 at 14:28
Regular
Heh, its only early days.

We've had the likes of Everton and charlton on top at the same stage in previos seasons.
Sat 07/09/02 at 21:36
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
ABSOLOUTE RUBBISH (my preferred choice of words would have undoubtedly have me banned from the forums!)

What on EARTH, are you lot talking about? Let me just establish one point before I properly begin, i've NOT read every single post here. I read the entire first page and the majority of the second page, but one or two smaller posts I didn't read in entirity.

Fact. There is a lot of bias evident in this topic. TRUE, i'm a Spurs fan so I too will find it difficult to be completely objective, but i'm in as good a position to judge as most of you!

As a season ticket holder at Spurs, I see a LOT of football at White Hart Lane, and true, I don't neccessarily get to see that many other teams live, but i'm an avid football fan and I see enough televised games to form SOME opinion on the players mentioned in this thread.

It is absoloutely ridiculous to claim that many of the West Ham's first team could walk straight into the starting eleven at Spurs. It is also unfounded to claim that the team is medicore, and lingering as a third tier team in the Premiership.

PLEASE...try to be objective. There are VERY few players in the Premiership right now who could walk into the Spurs team and take the place of the likes of Simon Davies and Matthew Etherington. Both are young, creative, speedy, and very mature players. There are OBVIOUSLY better players about, but both of the aforementioned have had tremendous starts to the season (Davies continuing his form from last season that earnt him the Spurs player of the year award). Regardless of what ANYBODY says, these players deserve a LOT of credit.

Someone like Trevor Sinclair MAY indeed be good enough to get into the Spurs starting XI, but you would expect it to be a VERY difficult decision to put him in ahead of someone like young Matt who is performing so well, with so much passion and desire.

Look elsewhere. Ledley King is now an experianced defender, young, prominent, intelligent on the ball, and ready to learn. UNLIKE the likes of Woodgate and John Terry, King gets on with his football quietly, and doesn't get no-where near enough credit for being the young mature player he is! Anthony Gardner is another tremendous defender. Granted, like King, he still has much to learn, but he is showing signs of great potential, and it wouldn't come as a great suprise to me if he lined up with Ledley as England centre-backs in a few years time.

That's four superb young players who (regardless of what you say) ANY Premiership club would like to have signed right now.

Then look elsewhere.

Anderton: a proven player who just missed out on the World Cup.
Acimovic: a guy no-body had heard of who has come in and made a very good start to his career in England, creative, athletic, and the perfect linkup between midfield and attack for Spurs.
Ziege: still widely considered as one of the best (if not the best) wing-backs in the country.
Carr: likewise, a player most clubs would give anything to capture due to his tremendous pace and ability down the right wing.
Redknapp: already shown he's heading back to his very best, and again, the type of player Spurs can rely on to keep the play varied and spread across the park.
Keane: a young striker who has already established himself in both the Premiership and on the international scene. Seriously, he's someone who will really shine in the next year or two in the premiership.

That's to name but a few of the guys who Glenn Hoddle has got playing at their very best in the team. Okay, we may not be in the elusive top three or four come the end of the season, but progress is being made at White Hart Lane, and there can be no question that Spurs ARE making the right steps towards rebuilding their legacy.

I hate to throw the word "JEALOUSY" into my post but, all of a sudden Spurs have become a team most ridicule on demand, but for what reason? We show ambition (so what Rivaldo wasn't interested, at least we enquired and didn't shy away!), start the season well with our most important players performing to their potential (or in the cases of our youngsters just BEGINNING to reach their potential), and generally show signs of forward movement. Yet, people want to critiscise and ridicule!?

Spurs WON'T win the Premiership. Spurs WON'T go and land Luis Figo in a £50 million deal. Let's be realistic, not moronic.

Realistic - Spurs CAN win a place in Europe this year, Spurs ARE making progress, Spurs DO have a good team, promising youngsters, and a well-rounded balance throughout the sqaud now.

Moronic - "Any of West Ham's players could EASILY walk into the Spurs team", "Spurs are pathetic for talking to Rivaldo about him possibly joining the club", "Spurs aren't even a match for Blackburn!"

Bottom line, football (from a supporters point of view), is all about opinions, but please, let's try and be slightly realistic with this opinions and not just go on random blasts against teams who really don't deserve that sort of treatment.

Anyone wanna argue my points... ? Make it a good case against ANY of the things i've said.
Sun 08/09/02 at 11:42
Regular
"  "
Yeah! What he said...
Sun 08/09/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Where have you got your season ticket?

I know someone who has got tickets 3 rows from the front to the right of where the dug-out is...

Got to go there last year, some pretty good seats! I saw Spurs-Chelsea in the league.

Same old chelsea - Always cheating!
Sun 08/09/02 at 22:27
Regular
"Festivus!"
Some Old Spurs - Boring As Heaven
Mon 09/09/02 at 22:34
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
My season ticket is to the left of the dugout, about half-way down that half of the pitch. We're at the back of that area, below the boxes.
Tue 10/09/02 at 11:35
Regular
so how much do spurs pay you to turn up? ive got a season ticket there. I sit in the seat between Rivaldo, morientes and two away from Crespo.....those dedicated spurs supporters!
Tue 10/09/02 at 13:33
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Heh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.