GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Youve Just got to Laugh at Spurs..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/08/02 at 14:40
Regular
First Rivaldo and now Morientas, both so 'No' to Spurs and according to the Chairman "it shows the ambition of Tottenham"

Well, its about time they showed some ambition hence buying the likes of Sherwood does not show any ambition, but a mediocre team.

But now they are going they are trying to buy players that would almost certainly turn down a possibility to come to England unless the Likes of Man U, Arsenal etc were interested.

Why dont they be realistic rather than ambitious and go for steals such as Geremi, Juninho, Diao, Diouf etc such players like would stabalise Spurs and improve their squad.

Yes those players are gone, but there were many players that caught the eye at the World Cup, but still Hoddle trys for the audacious bid rather than get a stabalised team to compete for something next season.

Spurs fans what do you think?
Fri 09/08/02 at 11:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
lol

Best inform my grandad then..

:-)
Fri 09/08/02 at 12:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
When will they learn....

But when you consider the things like who their manager is, and that they have a World Class striker in their squad (Sergei Rebrov - even if he is underperforming), then you can start to see why they think they even stand a chance!

And the fact that they play in the Premiership adds to that.
But winning the Worthington Cup and loosing Sol Campbell to Arsenal....

HA! :D
Fri 09/08/02 at 12:16
Being I life long suffering Tottenham supporterI always have to laugh but remember the great players we have had at the club Klinsman, Berti, ect
Fri 09/08/02 at 12:38
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh you had a few decent players when Ardilas was in Charge, but when he was sacked, those players left and Spurs never replaced what they had or never really built on that basis and still the situation stays the same, and back to my original argument why dont they look for decent players that are going for alright prices (in football terms)I mean take for example Nick Barmby, £2.75 mil, Hoddle had him in his England squad and did like him as a player, he recently moved to leeds for cheap, Spurs could have signed him, and also the likes of Geremi, Boateng, Merson, plenty of players that could form a good basis for better players like Morientas to come on the seen, but they wont do that because the current poole of players and foundation is crap.
Fri 09/08/02 at 13:25
"Darkness, always"
Àshley wrote:
> west ham are far superior to spurs. i take it you are a spurs
> supporter.

Not at all.

> ummmmm let me think about this where did west ham finish. was that
> 7th

Basing one season of ok performance as the basis for saying that they are a good team is utter folly. In seasons not too distant, they've been right on the nose in terms of being close to the relegation zone. They have an OK team, but then so does every other club in the premiership. I've never rated West Ham, and until they are consistently good, I never will.

> then we move onto spurs. They cannot attract top notch players so lie
> to their supporters (morientes, rivaldo)

Oh please. There are only 2 or three teams in the premiership that COULD attract the likes of Rivaldo, and I can tell you for free that West Ham United are not one of them. Using that as a comparison between the two teams is just daft.

. They finished 12th in the
> league- a sharp reminder that they are not even nearly european
> contenders.

Neither is West Ham right now. Again bear in mind the inconsistent performance of West Ham, against the consistent landing of Spurs - a team with more success in it's history than any other london club, certainly including West Ham.

> They have a lame and very old squad with only 4 players
> who would get into some of the top 10 teams

It only takes a week to sign up all the players you need to take the premiership and storm over europe. You can't forsee what will happen in three years. I'm pretty certain no-one predicted at the time of Blackburn winning the premiership that they would be relgated pretty soon afterwards.

Everything is always to play for. Players are still available on free transfers, yet more will likely become available as other teams look to complete their squad ahead of the coming season.

Don't try to dictate to me what is going to happen in the premiership, as you have no more cognitive ability than I do.
Fri 09/08/02 at 15:11
Regular
The ability to see the future is irrelevant but i am a well experienced football fan who regularly travels to matches. my point on morientes and rivaldo was that spurs kid themselves. You said it yourself that there are only a few eams who could have got him and im sure you are inelligent enough to workout that spurs are not one of them. They have invited ridicule upon themselves for being so deludedas to even try to and then say it signals "ambition". I have already named the players at west ham (who were one place of PROPER european qualification)who are quality. Carrick, cole and defoe are perhaps three of the top young players in the land and Glenn hoddle would give up eileen drewery to have them in his squad. We have already seen in other threads that you are stubborn, deluded and rate yourself as being a superior lifeform to the other users of this site. Blackburn, boro and west ham are clearly teams of much higher quality and are firmly grounded in knowing their own curren boundaries. If you are honest with yourself they are in a much better position than spurs (who are clearly your club whether you admit it or not).
Fri 09/08/02 at 15:13
Regular
did you know White Hart Lane is the only stadium in England to ever have the swastika fly over it.
Fri 09/08/02 at 15:28
"Darkness, always"
Àshley wrote:
> We have
> already seen in other threads that you are stubborn, deluded and rate
> yourself as being a superior lifeform to the other users of this site.

You were doing well up to this point. I'd like to point out for about the 100th time that I have at no point said that I am superior to the users on this site. I fail to see how I am deluded. Please explain this to me. As for stubborn, I don't think so. Certainly not the extent I think you're thinking. I may come across like that to you because I make you have to argue your point simply because I'm not so stupid as to blindly accept it as gospel.

Anyway, I'm greatly looking forward to what I am sure will be an informed response justifying those remarks.

> Blackburn, boro and west ham are clearly teams of much higher quality
> and are firmly grounded in knowing their own curren boundaries. If you
> are honest with yourself they are in a much better position than spurs
> (who are clearly your club whether you admit it or not).

Much higher quality? I think you overestimate the difference between the teams. Any given season I'd say there is next to nothing to choose between 6th or 7th to 15th or so in the Premiership, with much of the positioning being eventually decided by injuries and unfavourable conditions. If Spurs were even nearly as bad as you make out, they would be dropping out of the premiership this season, and I cannot see that happening.

And if you knew anything about me at all, you'd know I've been a manchester united fan for some 15 years. Spurs are not now, nor ever will be "my club"
Fri 09/08/02 at 17:59
Regular
ok sorry abot my slur on your personality! but i definitely think im right on the hammers front. I forgot trevor sinclair too they have a very good midfield and attack its the defence that needs sorting and they will get into europe. Unless something drastic happens spurs will drop within 3 seasons as they fritter money and have nothing to show for it. Anderton is good but always injured and will probably leave anyway. Ferdinand and sheringham will retire this season and poyet will be on the way out and that will only leave davies and king to hold the fort. Its not good for spurs as ENIC are stingy and won't give hoddle any money (and he would probably waste it anyway). it would not surprise me if the hammers finish above leeds this season as theyve strengthed at the back with gary breen, repka and have a few other OK defenders. They will be good this season.

Again sorry for having a go at you, and its ood that you don't accept things as gospel. I just got a bit annoyed as Spurs are a team which i feel have been very badly handled and boro and West ham have been well nurtured
Sat 10/08/02 at 09:02
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
SPURS SIGN QU BO IN £2M DEAL
Tottenham have signed China international striker Qu Bo from Chinese club Qingdao Yizhong for £2million, subject to the 21-year-old being granted a work permit by the home office.

--------

Great Ambition shown by Hoddle once again, he could have had Dwight Yorke for that Price. No disrespect to Qu Bo, but chinese players rarely do well in the English divisions, especially the prem.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.