GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Youve Just got to Laugh at Spurs..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/08/02 at 14:40
Regular
First Rivaldo and now Morientas, both so 'No' to Spurs and according to the Chairman "it shows the ambition of Tottenham"

Well, its about time they showed some ambition hence buying the likes of Sherwood does not show any ambition, but a mediocre team.

But now they are going they are trying to buy players that would almost certainly turn down a possibility to come to England unless the Likes of Man U, Arsenal etc were interested.

Why dont they be realistic rather than ambitious and go for steals such as Geremi, Juninho, Diao, Diouf etc such players like would stabalise Spurs and improve their squad.

Yes those players are gone, but there were many players that caught the eye at the World Cup, but still Hoddle trys for the audacious bid rather than get a stabalised team to compete for something next season.

Spurs fans what do you think?
Sun 11/08/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hmmmmmmm......

What if Roy Keane goes in with a 2-footed challenge on this Qu Bo guy??
Seeing as he's from China, who'd end-up ontop!???
Mon 12/08/02 at 11:31
"Darkness, always"
Àshley wrote:
> ok sorry abot my slur on your personality!
> Again sorry for having a go at you

Forgiven. It's actually difficult for anyone to make a good account for themselves in an online discussion.

And as for the Hammers/Spurs debate; Spurs have actually made a fair number of signings adding to the strength and depth of their squad. All they are lacking to make them a possible contender for europe is a new striking pair.

Forget not also that they only missed out on europe by one game last season (cup final).

Anyway, we'll have this discussion again when the premiership is 38 games old.
Mon 12/08/02 at 11:33
"Darkness, always"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Great Ambition shown by Hoddle once again, he could have had Dwight
> Yorke for that Price. No disrespect to Qu Bo, but chinese players
> rarely do well in the English divisions, especially the prem.

And how many chinese players have played in the premiership before now exactly?
Mon 12/08/02 at 14:36
Regular
I have to agree with Mr Ripper i do believe the total is a big fat 0. (but i think there is one in the man city squad, who hasn't played in the prem yet), There will be four by the end of the season but none yet. (2 on loan to everton at the moment, bo at spurs and the man city bloke). There are about 3 or so in the lower leagues and some such as fan zhiyi have been fairly successful.
Mon 12/08/02 at 15:14
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Crystal Palace did have the two Chinese players, Fan Zhiyi and another one but I think they only played in Division 1 and there now with some Scottish club.
Tue 13/08/02 at 18:40
Come On you Spurs!! Tehe . Good draw over the weekend 2-2 with Lazio who had a strong star studded team of there own :0)
Tue 13/08/02 at 20:15
Regular
"  "
Qu bo was on Loan with Spurs and he showed good ambition so we signed him full time. And a 1-1 draw with Celtic and 2-2 with Lazio is good. Screw Arsenal and West ham :D
Thu 15/08/02 at 16:55
Yup I agree NB :0)
Fri 16/08/02 at 11:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hoddle's still confident about the Morientes deal - apparently negotiations are going well in secret or something...

I still don't see it happening even if Ronaldo does join Réal.
In that situation, there would be too many big clubs interested to give Spurs a look-in!
Wed 04/09/02 at 10:14
"Darkness, always"
Bumped for attention of Ashley

Spurs placed no1
Hammers placed 20th

amusing...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.