GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"99p Flights To New York?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/09/06 at 13:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nope not missing the spammers and doing a bit myself :D

Click Here

Seems good at first but when you see the "extras" it's not as good but still a lot cheaper than at the minute.

I'm a bit dubious as to how good this offer could be as in my opinion long haul flights need to be as comfortable and enjoyable as possible to stop boredom and irritibality setting in.

When I flew to Paris on easyjet we basically got on the plane, sat down, flew for about 50 minutes and got off. No problem with such a short flight and I'd hardally read the in flight shopping brochure you get in the seats to read before we'd landed.

However on long haul I'd be very wary of "cost cutting". Sitting on a flight for 8-10 hours maybe even more like that would be very tedious and very boring as the facilities etc would be cut to save costs. Also I can't but help think that as there will be "normal" fares on the flight also that the prices for these seats will go up to offset some of the lost revenue from the cheaper seats so in effect other passengers will be subsidising the cheap seats.

I personally would stick with economy and have a more relaxing journey but what would you do? Would you be tempted to try and get one of these seats at the expense of some comfort to have more spending money when you get there or would you stick with economy (or business or first class if anyone flies them here :D)?
Fri 08/09/06 at 14:02
"possibly impossible"
Drunk louts are definitely worse than children though.
Fri 08/09/06 at 13:57
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I don't really mind babies on planes crying as they usually fall asleep after a period of time but what really bugs me (this should really go in the pet hates thread :D) is kids on planes who are basically spoilt brats who want want want and when their parents can't / won't give them what they want they throw strops.

If say I'm out and about and it happens I can get away from it but on planes there's no place to go. I remember on one flight to Corfu there was a family with a few kids and one basically wanted a good slap as he was just being a stroppy selfish kid who couldn't be pleased.

I kind of felt sorry for the parents as they we're doing all they could to satisfy him but this was one kid who couldn't be satisfied and all through the 4 hours odd flight the parents became more and more stressed and he became more and more stroppy.

At the end of the flight when we all got off there were a few comments (mainly from passengers who'd had a few) saying thank goodness it was over and they were making sure the parents could hear as well.

What bugged me as well was that the stewards / stewardesses did nothing to help - maybe if they'd taken the mother and child "out back" for a bit he could have calmed down and given the rest of the passengers a bit of a rest.

Maybe airlines on routes that have a lot of children could have a separate section for families and a separate section for people without children? I think this would work both ways as children being together could distract each other and play together away from too many adults which they may get stressed about and people without children could relax more knowing that there won't be any children charging around the cabin or screaming.

I'm not having a go at people who fly with children I just think this may be a better solution for all involved to make flying a calmer and more pleasent experience.
Fri 08/09/06 at 13:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Going to see families is ok i just can't stand those people who bring their babies with them on long haul flights when they are just going for a holiday and then when they're crying their heads off the parents just have that utterly ridiculous grin on their face like *awww isn't my little sprog cute* .... ermmm no it's not and it's fricking annoying you bast.

Actually reminds me of a time in Asda where some 5 year old or something was on the floor kicking and screaming his head off and his dad was stood right next to him and grinned at me. Bah i wanted to rape his face with my fist muchly
Fri 08/09/06 at 12:56
"possibly impossible"
That would be easy, except for:
1) Breastfeeding
2) It's more of a bi-annual family trip to see relatives

The one solution I do have is just to live in Spain. This isn't making much progress though as yet...
Fri 08/09/06 at 11:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You can slap the taste out of their mouths until they shut up

(yes i would be a great father :-D)

But yea how hard is it to find someone to babysit them for a week while you go off for a holiday, it's not like they're going to have a hugely enjoyable time on holiday considering they don't know what the heck is going on
Fri 08/09/06 at 11:40
"possibly impossible"
Crying Babies. Yes, people complain about them, but what can you do? Being on the other side of things makes me realise that there's not much you can do to stop a crying baby on a plane.

Luckily, my eldest loves flying, but the smaller one is only 4 months and you can't blame them for crying.
Thu 07/09/06 at 15:34
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
When I came back from Toronto I was in one of those situations I really hate where I'm really tired and want to sleep but can't because it's too uncomfortable.

I think the best flights I've ever been on are the ones on lads holidays where the plane is mainly full of young people heading off for their annual 2 weeks in the sun and thankfully I've never been on a flight where there's ever been any trouble.
Thu 07/09/06 at 15:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I need some Mr T knockout milk for that, so uncomfortable, my personal best is about a 45 minute nap before waking up with my neck feeling like it'd been snapped 90 degrees
Thu 07/09/06 at 15:03
"possibly impossible"
Coming back from the US I did suffer a bit, which was a shame as it was during a party for my family.

India was fine though, and hopefully will be again. Sleeping on the plane certainly helps, though with economy seats, I'm not sure I will be able to!
Thu 07/09/06 at 15:02
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
When I went to Toronto I stayed up until about 10pm and got up about 8am and was OK.

On the way back we left Toronto at 11-45pm and landed about midday here and on the flight I'd not gotten much sleep so went to bed for a couple of hours in the afternoon and slept normal time that night and was fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.