GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"99p Flights To New York?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/09/06 at 13:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nope not missing the spammers and doing a bit myself :D

Click Here

Seems good at first but when you see the "extras" it's not as good but still a lot cheaper than at the minute.

I'm a bit dubious as to how good this offer could be as in my opinion long haul flights need to be as comfortable and enjoyable as possible to stop boredom and irritibality setting in.

When I flew to Paris on easyjet we basically got on the plane, sat down, flew for about 50 minutes and got off. No problem with such a short flight and I'd hardally read the in flight shopping brochure you get in the seats to read before we'd landed.

However on long haul I'd be very wary of "cost cutting". Sitting on a flight for 8-10 hours maybe even more like that would be very tedious and very boring as the facilities etc would be cut to save costs. Also I can't but help think that as there will be "normal" fares on the flight also that the prices for these seats will go up to offset some of the lost revenue from the cheaper seats so in effect other passengers will be subsidising the cheap seats.

I personally would stick with economy and have a more relaxing journey but what would you do? Would you be tempted to try and get one of these seats at the expense of some comfort to have more spending money when you get there or would you stick with economy (or business or first class if anyone flies them here :D)?
Thu 07/09/06 at 13:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nope not missing the spammers and doing a bit myself :D

Click Here

Seems good at first but when you see the "extras" it's not as good but still a lot cheaper than at the minute.

I'm a bit dubious as to how good this offer could be as in my opinion long haul flights need to be as comfortable and enjoyable as possible to stop boredom and irritibality setting in.

When I flew to Paris on easyjet we basically got on the plane, sat down, flew for about 50 minutes and got off. No problem with such a short flight and I'd hardally read the in flight shopping brochure you get in the seats to read before we'd landed.

However on long haul I'd be very wary of "cost cutting". Sitting on a flight for 8-10 hours maybe even more like that would be very tedious and very boring as the facilities etc would be cut to save costs. Also I can't but help think that as there will be "normal" fares on the flight also that the prices for these seats will go up to offset some of the lost revenue from the cheaper seats so in effect other passengers will be subsidising the cheap seats.

I personally would stick with economy and have a more relaxing journey but what would you do? Would you be tempted to try and get one of these seats at the expense of some comfort to have more spending money when you get there or would you stick with economy (or business or first class if anyone flies them here :D)?
Thu 07/09/06 at 13:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Economy is bad enough being 6'6 what with zero leg room and i always seem to get lumbered behind the fricking idiot who tilts his chair all the way back while crushing my head as i'm trying to sleep (last guy that did that got a little bit of Kawada Air Rage :-D) so cost cutting on an 8-10 hour flight to make it even less comfortable? ermmm not a good idea for me :-D
Thu 07/09/06 at 13:44
"possibly impossible"
My company has a travel ban, which means that my flight from here to India in October will have to be Premium Economy rather than the usual Business class.

It's a long way and I was looking forward to flying Business class again...
Thu 07/09/06 at 14:04
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Wish my company paid for flights :D

Some of my mates went to Australia and when they were in Kuala Lumpa having a stop over they came back to their seats to find they'd been double booked and some Malaysian women were sitting in them.

Cue an upgrade to First Class the lucky gits! They said it didn't seem as if you were flying it was like you were in say a health farm with your every need being tended to and when they got to Brisbane they didn't want to get off!
Thu 07/09/06 at 14:32
Regular
Yes long flights really should be comfortable, though I've not been on a budget flight before. Come to think of it I haven't been on a plane since 1995 when I went to Hong Kong. I wonder if things have changed much in the last 11 years.

As some of you know I'm off to Singapore, infact 5 weeks from now at this very moment I'll be out enjoying Singapore's night life. Probably in a cafe or having a nice walk, you see their night life isn't just clubs and pubs like ours.

We're going with Singapore airlines, a little more expensive but then it is a direct flight. I remember our flight back from Hong Kong, we had an 6 hour stop over at Zurich, wasn't very fun as we just sat in the airport.

I'm looking forward to it, Singapore airlines are suppose to be one of the best, it'll be nice to have my own TV and decide what I want to watch. I wonder what movies there will be. I believe we can even choose out meals well in advance. Oh and online checking-in. Not sure if you guys do that, we can do it 2 days in advance. I'll have to get in and reserve some good seats. My mum wants an isle seat but I'd like one by the window.

It's suppose to be a 13/14 hour flight so instead of sleeping I'll likely just watch as many movies as I can heh. For us when we arrive it'll be midnight for us, but in Singapore, 7 something in the morning. I wondered whether I should change my sleeping pattern before my trip so I won't suffer from much jet lag. I wonder if you guys suffer from it much. I seemed quite alright last time I flew to Hong Kong.
Thu 07/09/06 at 14:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I don't suffer from jet lag i usually get there and then just stay up until it's night time there and then head off to bed then, staying up for about 24 hours is easy
Thu 07/09/06 at 15:02
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
When I went to Toronto I stayed up until about 10pm and got up about 8am and was OK.

On the way back we left Toronto at 11-45pm and landed about midday here and on the flight I'd not gotten much sleep so went to bed for a couple of hours in the afternoon and slept normal time that night and was fine.
Thu 07/09/06 at 15:03
"possibly impossible"
Coming back from the US I did suffer a bit, which was a shame as it was during a party for my family.

India was fine though, and hopefully will be again. Sleeping on the plane certainly helps, though with economy seats, I'm not sure I will be able to!
Thu 07/09/06 at 15:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I need some Mr T knockout milk for that, so uncomfortable, my personal best is about a 45 minute nap before waking up with my neck feeling like it'd been snapped 90 degrees
Thu 07/09/06 at 15:34
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
When I came back from Toronto I was in one of those situations I really hate where I'm really tired and want to sleep but can't because it's too uncomfortable.

I think the best flights I've ever been on are the ones on lads holidays where the plane is mainly full of young people heading off for their annual 2 weeks in the sun and thankfully I've never been on a flight where there's ever been any trouble.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.