GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"don't buy lord of the rings on dvd or video"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/08/02 at 22:47
Regular
According to a friendly internet rumour there is going to be a new version released towards the end of the year which has over 30 minutes additional uncut footage in it. Just a rumour which i heard might not be true but id recommend checking it out before buying.
Thu 08/08/02 at 12:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive read LOTR twice and completed the sticker album. Do i qualify as a fan?
Thu 08/08/02 at 11:36
Regular
And Radagast. There's a 4th Maya, but I've forgotten his name. He's not in LotR or the Hobbit, and it's been an age since I read The Silmarillion.

Oi, Smeagol. When you read this, can you name where all the Palantirs were? Orthanc, obviously. Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, Amon Sul. Thats all I can remember. There's one in that sunken Gondoran city as well.
Thu 08/08/02 at 10:11
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Gandalf and Sauruman are both Maya.

The extended version looks good, I've seen the feature on it on my LOTR DVD: there is also more Gollum, more of the Cave Troll and even more of the "talky bits".

There will probably be an extended version of all three films eventually....
Thu 08/08/02 at 10:04
Regular
SMÉAGOL wrote:
> >
> In most, No. Some scenes where originally meant to end up in the final
> cut, but not much, in particular the Stone Trolls. But the rest where
> specifically created for 'This Special Edition DVD', such as Bilbo
> mentioning verses and tales from the Hobbit and the Elves leaving
> Lothlórien-Gray Havens awaiting.

--

There's also the scene in Lothlorien when Galadriel gives them their presents. Y'know, golden belt for Boromir, Lorien bow for Legolas, stuff for the rest of them, box of pixie fairy soil for Sam.

Why the hell did she waste such a shiny belt on Boromir when she knew he'd betray the Fellowship?

And theres some more stuff in Moria, more Rivendell poncing about, more Arwen-Aragorn lovey stuff (which wasn't in the book, I am displeased. And where the hell is it that she rides out to get Frodo. Nowhere. AND its the power of The Ring of Air, that Elrond has, that makes the river eat the Black Riders. Bah.)

I want some Tom Bombadil scenes. Crossing the Brandybuck at Buckleberry Ferry, my arsse.
Thu 08/08/02 at 09:58
Regular
I want my fancy Argonath bookends. So I can put them on my shelf and walk into my room and say that I had long desired to look upon the faces of my ancestors and stuff.

None of you should get it the EV. Except me and Smeagol, who love LotR muchly.

Bet none of you even know who the Maya are, eh? Or what the bloody Silmarils are? Fecking movie fanboys.
Wed 07/08/02 at 22:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
that shoud read sobbing.
Wed 07/08/02 at 22:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
We got the LOTR DVD today. Everyone should listen to Enya "may it be", its on there. It melts your heart, im sure even goatboy would start sobiing.
Wed 07/08/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Stryke wrote:
> Hm, triple post. Interesting.

Triple post? pfft.
Wed 07/08/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
SmokedKipper wrote:

>This version of the film is roughly how it
> was originally intended to be released at the cinema before New Line
> said they wanted the total run time to be under 3 hours (true).

In most, No. Some scenes where originally meant to end up in the final cut, but not much, in particular the Stone Trolls. But the rest where specifically created for 'This Special Edition DVD', such as Bilbo mentioning verses and tales from the Hobbit and the Elves leaving Lothlórien-Gray Havens awaiting.

>The
> six hours of extras on the Extended discs are not on the normal
> version and the extras on the normal version will not be on the
> Extended version (trailers and simple things will still be there - I
> mean the same documentaries won't be on both).

They are, it's sad I know, they will be on this DVD included in discs 3 and 4.

>
> The Collectors Edition is the same except it includes some Argonath
> bookends, a fancy box and (apparently) the National Geographic Beyond
> the Movie DVD about New Zealand and stuff (I think it's that one -
> either way it's a bit rubbish).
>
> Both of them are released in November.

The National Geographic EXTENDED AND UPDATED DVD will "NOT" be included in the UK and Ireland release. Also, the Decipher Cards, that where supposed to be included are also off the list for the UK and Ireland release too.

Only buy the Extended DVD if you are a devout fan of the Books (Due to the References), as the extra's would bear no meaning to a non-Tolkienites.
Wed 07/08/02 at 21:14
Regular
Me thinks someone got a little click happy.

I hate Jackson he's an inbred, just watch Brain Dead, the way they made that film was by hiring a load of Yokels to throw gallons of fake blood off camera at the actors and sell it as entertainment.

Jackson, I spit on your hillbilly trailer park @$$!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.