GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Played any SEGA Games Today??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
Have you played any SEGA games today or very recently that you'd like to comment on??

Was it on the Dreamcast, the MegaDrive, GameCube, or are you one of those very few who actually own a SEGA Saturn??
Or have you had a good-ol' time with SEGA in the Arcades maybe?

Whatever SEGA game you've played, whatever SEGA format it's on, just name it here - and add wether or not you enjoyed it.

Remember: SEGA Console Games ONLY!
We don't want this one to be like Cooky's thread! ;)
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:48
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've been playing Sonic Adventure today.
Got through a fair few levels with Sonic alone, and now Robotnik has 4 or 5 Emeralds. I love the Snowboarding and Plane Flying bits, and i'm glad to see you can select those at any time after playing them as Mini Games.

I also got a few levels done with Tails to start off his adventures, and I did the first with Knuckles too.

That's what I like about this game - how you can have adventures with each individual character while the whole story comes as a whole at the same time.
Thu 22/08/02 at 22:04
Regular
Just looking around on EBay and I have found copies of Streets of Rage for the Mega-Drive and luckly I still have it up in the loft gathering dust with 2 controllers. The game is going for 50p so I am thinking of getting Streets of Rage 1+2+3 and inviting a mate round for some classic fighting in one of the greatest games ever created! I also saw a few copies of the first Sonic game which in my opinion is the greatest platform game ever created and also one of the all time most addictive games! For that price I can't really go wrong, I just hope that after all this time playing on an Xbox and Dreamcast that I am not disappointed by what is on offer, after all the game was created 10 years a go and since then we have come along way. After playing my PSONE a few weeks back I was very disappointed by the level of grpahics that the games have to offer and although the console is very old and the games have moved along so much I found it hard to sit and play through the game at 15 frames per second with the textures looking like a bad day in bosnia.

I have just bid for the first Crazy Taxi on EBay as well (its a shame SR don't stock up on the Dreamcast classics), I have only played the game once before but the addiction level was very high and with a bit of persistance I will be breaking top scores in no time! Originally I had planned to get a lot of classic games for my newly purchased Dreamcast but with all the great Xbox games and DVD's out between now and christmas I just don't think I will have the money to play all of the games on my most wanted list. My plan now is to get a few more Dremcast games but forget the likes of:

Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
MDK2
MSR

But concentrate on the Crazy Taxi's and Virtua Tennis 2K. Its a shame I won't get the chance to pick up Skies of Arcadia and after looking all over the net it seems that no one stocks this game any more and the auctions on EBay are advertising this game for £15 upwards and the auctions are finishing at around £30! I am gonig to get £30 together and go into my local second hand shop in town as I have seen copies of quite a few Dreamcast classics selling 2nd hand between £5 and £10, I just can't resist some of the titles on offer.

Aside from the Dreamcast and past consoles I was looking today at some of Sega's releases for the Xbox in both previews and reviews. I am going to pick up a copy of Gun Valkyrie and Crazy Taxi 3 in the coming months ut there are also a few other games that are on offer which I wouldn't mind renting at least. Next on my list though is the 24 DVD Boxset so as soon as I can get the cash together I will definatley pick this one up, also there are quite a few other DVD's which I want over the coming months, Blade 2, Spider-Man, Austin Powers Goldmember, Saving Private Ryan, The Rock re-release, Raging Bull and Seven double disc set. You may be wondering why I am picking up so many but on top of that lot I will be getting a Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound system over the next few weeks and although I already have a big DVD collection I want to maximise the experience further with other great titles!
Wed 21/08/02 at 11:14
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I completed Shenmue on Sunday - great game! :)
I was surprised to see it end how it did - but I now look forward to purchasing the second adventure very soon - if I can find it.
I didn't spend all that much money, I thought you'd need it all to buy loads of stuff. So much I didn't buy! :(

I loved working at the Harbour driving a Forklift - that was amazing!
And if a pass a test next year when i'm 18, i'll be able to do it at work myself! :) If I really wanted to...

I found that key just after I asked you guys for help - and long before I read your replies. I honestly don't know how I missed it before, i'm sure I must have checked that drawer like 3 times before....

Loved that game, can't wait to get the sequel.
And i've also had a few goes on MSR and Crazy Taxi recently, but i've lost my touch on those thanks to the time i've spent playing Shenmue.

I wouldn't get no.2 before playing the first one. You WILL get lost in the plot!

And you can talk about PS2, X-Box, GBA or Cube games you've played here - just as long as they've been made by SEGA. And you can also talk about any games you've played on a SEGA console.
It's all about SEGA, you see?? :)
Wed 21/08/02 at 08:59
Regular
I'd play Shenmue 2 - it has a quicker pace, and there more going on.
Tue 20/08/02 at 14:35
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
On the subject of Shenmue........ I played Whats Shenmue Demo today!!! Im very lucky.... its actually a great little demo.
Mon 19/08/02 at 20:14
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had Shenmue when it first came out, played it for a few days and hated it. So it went in a drawer, gathered dust, and I gave it another chance a few months later. Still hated it. I don't know why, it just annoys me, wandering around towns looking for people to give you clues as to the people who killed your father, learning new moves which I found awkward to pull off, the QTE's which were just too easy, it just....annoyed me.

Having said that I never got very far, about up to the arcade in town where I spent a lot of time playing that kick/punching arcade game.

But I'm prepared to give it one last chance. So I just bought it again (I eventually sold the last one). So when it arrives (along with the 10 other DC games I just bought, auctions are great), I'll give it ONE LAST CHANCE TO IMPRESS!

More to follow later.
Mon 19/08/02 at 20:01
Played Shenmue today.

Which was nice...
Mon 19/08/02 at 01:23
Regular
Console_kid wrote:
> --I think it was a moves scroll, im not too sure!

It is but it is in Chinese so you only get to find out what the move is in Shenmue 2 (it just goes to show how far developers plan ahead). If anyone wants any help with the Shenmues I have recnetly (over the last 4 weeks) completed both of them several times each so I am pretty hot on the subject of the Shenmue's!

By the way get Ultimate Fighting Championship, the game is fantastic and is easilt one of the best fighters I have ever played (yet to play Soul Calibur but will do soon).

If anyone is interested my MSN address is [email protected] if you want any help I can quickly answer in there, hope that helps!
Sun 18/08/02 at 23:40
Regular
"None Stored"
earlier today i was playing soul calibur, and then i played virtua tennis
Sun 18/08/02 at 13:16
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Slightly off topic although im replying to the original intent of this thread "played any DC games lately?" ... im right at the end of Shadowman, just trying to kill Jack the Ripper (tried about 10 times and failed so far) I play the DC alot especially with soooo many cheap games around, theres just not enough hours in the day to play them all :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.