GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: Rogue Leader"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 23:09
Regular
I've just competed this rock hard game (admittedly, with the use of the advanced upgrades and double lives cheat), and I have to say, it isn't that good. I should really save this for my review, but whilst playing, there was no soul, no feeling, in the game. To me, it was just a fancy looking game, with twitchy controls.

Did anyone else experience this, or am I alone on this one (in which case, the Force has left me)?
Mon 05/08/02 at 23:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah at first i thought the starting level was impossible just to complete.
Mon 05/08/02 at 22:52
"+ suspicious minds"
i rented that game once... tried to get past the first level without cheats, didn't work! and neither did the cheats. mmmh, i might as well try to rent it out again... what have i got to lose? (apart from 2.95 for 2 night rental)
Mon 05/08/02 at 22:48
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Ah, Endor, yeah thas the one... there are only 3 levels I haven't got the tech upgrades on and two missions (two that I've unlocked anyway...) that I don't have golds on... could take a while...
Mon 05/08/02 at 22:39
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Sibs wrote:
> I think battle of Yavin is probably the best level... All those TIEs
> everywhere, the bombers, and then TWO star destroyers to kill...

I think you mean the Battle of Endor :-)

The Revenge on Yavin level is easy to get Gold on.

And, like cookie, I can't remember where the Homing Cluster Missiles upgrade is. Otherwise, you'd think VERY differently about the TIE Advanced.

:-)
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I couldnt tell you where they were anyway, ive forgotten.
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:36
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
cookie monster wrote:
> Yep you need the seeker cluster missle upgrade. Then they are godlike.

Well, until I find this mystical upgrade (don't tell me where it is, I've got this far without cheating or looking up how to do missions, I'm not starting now!) then I resign those cluster missiles to the scrapheap. But those upgrades take ages to find... They were a lot easier to find in Rogue 1... I think they were anyway.
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Sibs wrote:
> They break off into 6 missiles as soon as you shoot them, and then
> they don't hit ANYTHING! Unless you need another tech upgrade for them
> (I got 'advanced cluster missiles' and it did nothing for their
> accuracy, there's a seeker cluster missile upgrade maybe...?) then
> they are absolutely pants!

Yep you need the seeker cluster missle upgrade. Then they are godlike.
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
They break off into 6 missiles as soon as you shoot them, and then they don't hit ANYTHING! Unless you need another tech upgrade for them (I got 'advanced cluster missiles' and it did nothing for their accuracy, there's a seeker cluster missile upgrade maybe...?) then they are absolutely pants!
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Sibs wrote:
> also those cluster missiles the TIE advanced has are absolutely
> USELESS.

Blasphemy! Those missles rape everything, just 2 missles in each x-wing blow it up.
Mon 05/08/02 at 15:42
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think battle of Yavin is probably the best level... All those TIEs everywhere, the bombers, and then TWO star destroyers to kill... Vengeance on Kothlis is also good just because it has everything... bombing runs, dogfights, taking down AT-ATs with a speeder, the whole bunch... oh and a Star Destroyer, albeit a slightly battered and bruised one.

I still don't understand how to get gold on the first level where you play as Darth... those TIEs are so inaccurate I can't even get silver... the cockpit view helps a little with aiming, but not much... also those cluster missiles the TIE advanced has are absolutely USELESS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.