GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: Rogue Leader"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 23:09
Regular
I've just competed this rock hard game (admittedly, with the use of the advanced upgrades and double lives cheat), and I have to say, it isn't that good. I should really save this for my review, but whilst playing, there was no soul, no feeling, in the game. To me, it was just a fancy looking game, with twitchy controls.

Did anyone else experience this, or am I alone on this one (in which case, the Force has left me)?
Thu 08/08/02 at 11:02
Regular
"accidental superher"
i feel the same way as delta java...
i've only got to the battle of endor (which is the best level so far) but i haven't been blown away by the game at any point
i mean it isn't a horrible game...it's only okay in my opinion

got super monkey ball -which is great fun :D
Wed 07/08/02 at 23:34
"+ suspicious minds"
meh, i have five days left with it, i might as well try to like it...
Wed 07/08/02 at 23:26
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Seems that most people who used cheats didn't like it, and most who didn't cheat did like it...
Wed 07/08/02 at 23:10
"+ suspicious minds"
i mean that i like! THAT I LIKE! ahem...
Wed 07/08/02 at 23:09
"+ suspicious minds"
GOD, i hate this game! i hate it i hate it i hate it! i just rented it out and used as many cheats i could get my filthy mits on and the fgame still sucks! its not fair! i want to own a GC game u like that i haven't got bored of or completed. dammit!
Wed 07/08/02 at 22:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Strafex wrote:
> I got a Silver Medal on Endurance the other night.
>
> It took me two hours of solid play.
>
> No, not because I kept dying or falling short of the objectives, it's
> just that beating 50 waves of ties took 2 sodding hours.
> Gold takes about 4 hours to do.
>
> It's not that it's hard, it's just that playing for 2 hours straight
> completely wears you out and stops you from concentrating.
>
> Come on Factor 5, that is LITTLE excessive...

I just did it in one. I thought "just get the gold and then that will be it". So i did.
Wed 07/08/02 at 22:09
Regular
I got a Silver Medal on Endurance the other night.

It took me two hours of solid play.

No, not because I kept dying or falling short of the objectives, it's just that beating 50 waves of ties took 2 sodding hours.
Gold takes about 4 hours to do.

It's not that it's hard, it's just that playing for 2 hours straight completely wears you out and stops you from concentrating.

Come on Factor 5, that is LITTLE excessive...
Wed 07/08/02 at 13:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
DeltaJava wrote:
> I've just competed this rock hard game (admittedly, with the use of
> the advanced upgrades and double lives cheat), and I have to say, it
> isn't that good. I should really save this for my review, but whilst
> playing, there was no soul, no feeling, in the game. To me, it was
> just a fancy looking game, with twitchy controls.
>
> Did anyone else experience this, or am I alone on this one (in which
> case, the Force has left me)?

I didn't experience this at all. I think it's a great game and have played through the levels hundreds of times after completing them. I think the reason I love it so much is because it's one of the few star wars games to bring the films alive in a computer game format. Not just the graphics of course, but the missions such as the Death Star run, the Battle of Hoth and the assault over Endor, all recreated perfectly.

The only trouble I had with the game was it's length and more importantly the repetitive nature of the game, i.e. just blowing stuff up all the time. I didn't find this much of a problem though, as I like action games, especially those that let me participate in my favourite films.
Wed 07/08/02 at 09:56
DeltaJava wrote:
> I've just competed this rock hard game (admittedly, with the use of
> the advanced upgrades and double lives cheat), and I have to say, it
> isn't that good. I should really save this for my review, but whilst
> playing, there was no soul, no feeling, in the game. To me, it was
> just a fancy looking game, with twitchy controls.
>
> Did anyone else experience this, or am I alone on this one (in which
> case, the Force has left me)?

No, Your Alone
Tue 06/08/02 at 19:57
"+ suspicious minds"
3 of the possibly best games for the gamecube, and youre gonna wait for the players choice? i dread to think how catious your going to be with third party... (yes i know RL is third party)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.