GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation2VsGamecube[aka the dolphin]"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/11/00 at 18:52
Regular
At first i couldn't decide which one to get what with sonys previous success but i am a loyal nintendoid so this should be tricky.
Firstly which has better graphics, hah are you kidding the gamecubes are almost like real life and totally brilliant whereas a dreamcast could probably handle the ps2's then theres multiplayer,ps2 hmmm 2 controllers and sonys imagination i think ill opt for the gcs 4 player+internet ability. Then i wondered about the games, most people may dissagree but i think that sony make terrible games with the exception of ff7 [ff8 was naff though]
whilst Nintendo are imaginative and produce the most original games ever. So Gamecube it is then, oh also what kind of name is playstation 2 anyway and soon there will probably be a tomb raider 25 where laras an old granny. Well Cya!
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:20
Regular
Oh thats alright, I thought you meant a new version soon, like this week you were getting it. However if its for the Gamecube then I don`t care as it won`t be here for a year or more!
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:19
Regular
As I said, it's only just been announced, so not much info on it at the moment.

I'll keep you posted.
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:17
Regular
Sorry to make this worse... But it's *probably* only going to be SE on Gamecube...

I doubt you'll be missing all that much anyway...
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:17
Regular
There is snow dream, the elysium alps, merqury city, mesablanca, aloha ice jam, pipedream, tokyo megaplex, and untracked, what other courses does the special edition have?
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:14
Regular
Whole extra levels other than the ones on the plain SSX?
Why do I not know about the special edition? I`m off to cry!
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:12
Regular
Extra levels, players, boards, that sort of stuff. Nothing much on it at the moment, just glad to get it really.
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:07
Regular
Firstly I wasn`t just referring to its looks, and on that subject, the look of the PS2 will be hard to beat.

As for the Special ed SSX, is it any different, or is it just the box, and the special bits with it? If the answer is just the accesories, then your argument applies to yourself. (Not that it matters, SSX is great either way)
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:03
Regular
We're getting SSX too, neeeh neeeh-neeeeeh neeeh neeeeh...
And it's a special edition...
: )

Anyway, you judge a console on looks? No. Judge only by it's games, and if games are good, then console is good.

Therefore all consoles are good. But Gamecube is better. : )
Tue 12/12/00 at 18:57
Regular
For once, I partly agree with bot, however, his wires are loose when it comes to the Gamecube being cool. It might be good, but it`ll still have the most cheesy, suppoesedly cuddly/cute characters around, and will not look like anything except maybe a Rubik`s cube with no turning slices, and identical colours everywhere, (how boring is that?)
Tue 12/12/00 at 15:46
Little Pimple,
I have 14 games on the playstation and I love enery one of them. DONT mock sony they rule. Yes, the game cube will be cool when it comes out later but give sony a break.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.