GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The OFFICIAL Super Smash Bros. Melee Tips Post"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/07/02 at 13:46
Regular
Hi. Looking around I've noticed a lot of posts under the names of things such as 'SSBM - Help!', and 'Super Smash Bros. Melee Tips?' and things along those lines. Well, anyway, they seem to be ten a penny at the moment, so I've taken the liberty of making this the help thread. Thank-you, thank-you, hold your applause...

Anyway, I'll start us off. I can't get further than 215 meters in the home run contest. I've been using Ganondorf. Anyone got any tips or strategies? Who's the best character to use?
Sun 04/08/02 at 20:10
Regular
"keep your receipt"
YAY MessiaH wins! I just got the Sherrif trophy (total Target Test time under 12'30") and finished all 51 events! I just need all the trophies now, I have 187 so far. How many are known of so far please? And are there any rare ones that need a bit of extra work?

Thanks in advance.
Sun 04/08/02 at 13:52
Regular
I've been trying that Yoshi tactic for ages and I STILL can't beat my score. How do you do a LOW jump?
Sun 04/08/02 at 00:29
Regular
That's okay. I am SolidSnakeXXI, I just recently changed my name. Check my tagline.
Sat 03/08/02 at 23:58
Regular
"egg heads replacmen"
any good tips on how to get over 400m on the home run contest im stuck and i want that yoshi land the old one ya know what im on about.

and also stuck on the double hand event match any tips (event match 50) as i really want to see giga bowser.

and cheers maverick or snack which ever you are for helping calm BMP down well done
Sat 03/08/02 at 23:48
Regular
Protoss wrote:
> Best Tip Ever:
> If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
>
> Or mash in the control pad.
>
> Either way is good.

Kind of a costy way of playing through games.
Sat 03/08/02 at 18:53
"Mimmargh!"
Best Tip Ever:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Or mash in the control pad.

Either way is good.
Sat 03/08/02 at 17:49
"+ suspicious minds"
that works fine, it wont over heat your console. it has a fan! *holds up pathetic battery powered fan*

what you do, is chose two human charicters (one should be your best charicter), one stock match, turn all items off, pk stadium, position them in the middle of the screen, and leave it overnight. come back in the morning, and knock the other charicter off. then you will challenge mewtwo with your best charicter. (if you have four controllers, do the same, but leave it for 5 hours)
Sat 03/08/02 at 16:49
Regular
Erm.. I wouldn't risk it mate. It would first of all be a waste of electricity, and secondly might overheat your console.

By the way, does anyone have any tips for the event match 'Legendary Pokemon'?
Sat 03/08/02 at 16:39
Regular
"In and out :)"
U know u have to play 20 hours of vs time to get mewtwo does it affect the gamecube if u leave it on for 20 hours?
Sat 03/08/02 at 16:29
Regular
I used to button bash with the old Tekken games, but due to Nintendo's touch, it takes skill to complete these games. One of the great things about Nintendo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.