GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The OFFICIAL Super Smash Bros. Melee Tips Post"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/07/02 at 13:46
Regular
Hi. Looking around I've noticed a lot of posts under the names of things such as 'SSBM - Help!', and 'Super Smash Bros. Melee Tips?' and things along those lines. Well, anyway, they seem to be ten a penny at the moment, so I've taken the liberty of making this the help thread. Thank-you, thank-you, hold your applause...

Anyway, I'll start us off. I can't get further than 215 meters in the home run contest. I've been using Ganondorf. Anyone got any tips or strategies? Who's the best character to use?
Wed 07/08/02 at 22:26
Regular
"keep your receipt"
that 5000M is the Total High Score. So on Home Run do well with all the characters to boost your total high score. it's similar with the Target Test, where you need to hone your times with all the characters until your total is under 12"30 to get the Sherrif trophy.

Hope it helps ;)
Wed 07/08/02 at 17:49
Regular
I just became a VIP member on www.nintendo.co.uk and first id like to say that its good but not great, but where the good bit comes in to it is the walkthroughs for the games you sign up with.

But i have a question and that is that to get unown it says u need 5000M now have they got that wrong and what is it.

second can you tell me the games on the nintendo GameCube that are made by NINTENDO and which ones are due to release.

also anyone who has golden sun and/or super mario world can you answer me this, is there a VIP card in the box?

thanks cheers.
Wed 07/08/02 at 16:23
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
the pal versio had two trophies taken away. making it 290. so when the two new ones come it would be 292. for the japanese it would be 294 altogether. but there has been many rumours going about that those pic for the two new trophies are fake. most photoshopers, paintshopers, etc etc could tell if it is fake. so if there is any out there *knocks on screen* take a look at the pics. I being a photoshoper i have found some flaws but i'm being really picky. I deem those pics real. if it is fake. well whoever made them are really good at their job :0<
Wed 07/08/02 at 11:20
Regular
Maybe it's just the PAL version
Tue 06/08/02 at 23:46
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
sorry for double posting but in reply to the trophies question. There should be two extra ones on top of the orignal 290. A Super Mario Sunshine (where you need a gamesave of the game) and Metriod Prime aswell. both needssome special machine only found in retailers to activate.
Tue 06/08/02 at 23:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive got a killer tip.

Pop the game on ebay

sell for £26.80

Pocket cash and get another game.
Tue 06/08/02 at 23:43
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
oh dear its like no one even knows anything about melee!!! :O

here:

forthe Homerun contest use Gannondorf and grab the bat. run up to the sandbag and charge an up + a smash attack, wait for it to come down and time it right so that when you jump you can connect with a down + a in midair. This wopuld send the sand bag straight down. repeat one more time but without the charging up + a, using just a normal up + a with a down + a and hit with bat. this would get you at least 450m.

list
==
(charge *little bit*) up+A

Jump into air and meet sandbag with a down+A

do normal up+A

jump into air and meet the sandbag again with a down+A

HIT WITH BAT!!!!!

==== ===== ===== ===== =====

As for the Cruel Melee. I have only got about 6 in it but it is enough for a trophy.

heres how: select Pikachu

as soon as game starts jump into air and move to one side (the edge) of the main platform. Then repeat to the opposite side. This is done to ensure all the wireframe people are in a bunch. Then lan on one of the side floating platofrms and pull down. Pikachu should fall down onto the main platform. Then wait for the wireframes to land on the platform and as they pull down to reach you. USE DOWN+A this would send all of the wireframes of the edge and they would not attempt to recover once past the main platform level. REPEAT till dead.

list
==

Jump about from the two little platforms on the right and left using the jumps of pikachu (including up+B *both jumps best*)

when all the wire frames are together. in a bunch jump to one of the extreme left or right mini platforms and pull down.

wait for wireframes to reach the mini platform

then pull down+A and it send all the wireframes off the edge to their doom.

======== ========= ========= =========
======== ========= ========= =========

If anyone else needs help in Super Smash Brothers Melee. Please feel free to ask me.
Tue 06/08/02 at 21:14
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Use ness. Up + B releases energy ball, curl it round and aim it up his @ss, then boom, fly at the opponents. They don't stand a chance.

:D
Tue 06/08/02 at 21:09
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Any tips for Cruel Melee? My record is 1 so far! I need 6 for a trophy...
Tue 06/08/02 at 13:14
Regular
I usually stick with Young Link (my all time greatest character) and start doing the sword spin attack.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.