GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony are the only company that deliver affordable gaming."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/07/02 at 11:00
Regular
Hats off to Sony unlike MS and Ninty they are there to make gaming affordable unlike the others who are only interested in profit.

Sony scored a big hit with the PS1 and platinum games, which were affordable quality games that had to sell a certain amount to turn platinum, while N64 was still trying to sell cartridges for £64.99 Sony's platinum range came in at £19.99 and proved a big hit.

I am glad to see they are carryiing on the tradition with there PS2 platinum range. I mean lets face it GT3 is a far superior game to Project Gotham and yet it is have the price. They say you have to pay for quality but on this evidence you don't.
Page:
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:00
Regular
Hats off to Sony unlike MS and Ninty they are there to make gaming affordable unlike the others who are only interested in profit.

Sony scored a big hit with the PS1 and platinum games, which were affordable quality games that had to sell a certain amount to turn platinum, while N64 was still trying to sell cartridges for £64.99 Sony's platinum range came in at £19.99 and proved a big hit.

I am glad to see they are carryiing on the tradition with there PS2 platinum range. I mean lets face it GT3 is a far superior game to Project Gotham and yet it is have the price. They say you have to pay for quality but on this evidence you don't.
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Look, before you go starting another console war, Nintendo beat Sony in the last one, and will do again.

Now shush.
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:05
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Nintendo did bring out a 'Player's Choice' range where popular games like Maio kart were sold for £29.99.

£64.99 is bit over the top, most N64 games were £50 or under
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:07
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
So Sony aren't interested in profit?

Moron.
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Techno freak wrote:
> Hats off to Sony unlike MS and Ninty they are there to make gaming
> affordable unlike the others who are only interested in profit.

So Sony are only in this for the love then are they ? And they are not interested in making a profit from it.

Hmmmmmmmmm...
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:11
The platinum range is a good idea from sony, mainly because GT3 is in it!
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:13
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
But at least Sony used a cheaper format to bring their games to people, what is it, 15p for a CD with the amount they produce compaired to, I dunno how much those cartridges are, but they were a lot more. But Sony still make a profit on all the games, they were just able to do so in a way that ment people could afford their games, which probaly helped make them more money, seeing as customers could afford two games at a time compairewd to Nintendo 64's one at a time (if that made sence).

But Nintendo with their gamecude have those new discs, and they are even better than a CD, storage wise, so don't count them out, they relised their mistake with the cartridge and have done the work to improve that, and have taken over Sony in that respect.
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im sure Nintendo will reintroduce the players choice range as soon as the console is fully established.
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:16
Regular
Bring the price of the games down and people who previously couldn't afford them could afford them. So more games sold - that otherwise would not have been. Better to let them go for £20 than let them sit on the shop shelf.
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:21
I'm gonna do something very contradictary and contraversial here. I think I actually agree with the newbies now. I mean, they've given us all a load if reasons why Sony is the best console. I suppose I'd better sell my GameCube and buy a PS2. After all, it does have DVD compatability and hundreds of games.

Jez13, Techno Freak, what games do you think I should buy? You're obviously the most experieced PS2 fans I know. What d'ya reckon?

=oP
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.