GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xBox and GC fight to survive"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/07/02 at 08:27
Regular
With the PS2 so dominant, and still shifting in big numbers, have the XBox & GC lost all chance of catching PS2. The fight for xBox and GC is now about survival. Can they survive with the number of units they are shifting? Most people have already bought a PS2. The remainder have 3 machines to choose from, but the number of games for PS2 looks to be the most important issue.
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:46
Jez13 wrote:
> What games do you like on GC? Super Smash bros is good, i have to
> admit, but i went for PS2 because of quality games like Medal of
> honour, Gran turismo, Fifa world cup... (do i need to go on!).

This can be a hard one to argue right now, considering the low number of games on the GC in comparison to the PS2. When the GC has been out for as long as the PS2, ask me that question again. I'm sure I'd also be able to finish the sentence with "Do I need to go on?"...
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:42
Dave RJR wrote:
> But most GC games are just ports from the PS2 anyway. So since they
> are the same, the original PS2 versions must also be quality!

Some of the ports talked about were planned for the GameCube at the same time as the PS2. The PS2 was out first, that's all. Then again, Sony don't make games. Just the console. Nintendo also make great games, which is what I think clinched it for me.
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:35
ShadowDragon wrote:
> Really? Games are the reason I went for the GameCube. Remember,
> quality not quantity.

What games do you like on GC? Super Smash bros is good, i have to admit, but i went for PS2 because of quality games like Medal of honour, Gran turismo, Fifa world cup... (do i need to go on!).
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:35
Regular
Re: Really? Games are the reason I went for the GameCube. Remember, quality not quantity.

But most GC games are just ports from the PS2 anyway. So since they are the same, the original PS2 versions must also be quality!
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:34
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:
> Well is there any point in Nintendo and MS making the GC and XBox -
> everyone has got PS2 instead. Not enough people out there to justify
> the GC and XBox. And most of the games are on PS2 anyway. And why
> bother making PC games? I mean the numbers sold are not worth the
> hassle!

I'm hoping that's you attempting sarcasm.
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:31
Jez13 wrote:
> In response to the original post
>
> I recently got a PS2. I was thinking of getting a gamecube, but as you
> said, the games are the main reason i went for Playstation.

Really? Games are the reason I went for the GameCube. Remember, quality not quantity.
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:31
Regular
Well is there any point in Nintendo and MS making the GC and XBox - everyone has got PS2 instead. Not enough people out there to justify the GC and XBox. And most of the games are on PS2 anyway. And why bother making PC games? I mean the numbers sold are not worth the hassle!
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:30
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Techno freak wrote:
> blah blah blah
>
> Techno you really have no idea what you're talking about do you?
>
> So stop talking out of uranus.

You say you are high on something I am surprised you can even string a sentence together, or is that just what it takes for you to understand the English language.
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:28
Regular
There are a massive amount of PS2 games, shame that the quality is really lacking.
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:26
In response to the original post

I recently got a PS2. I was thinking of getting a gamecube, but as you said, the games are the main reason i went for Playstation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.