GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE (July PC Parts and Peripherals)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/07/02 at 14:52
Regular
And s**g off SR you did.

Okay, sorry for the lenghty delay but it's been a madhouse round here for the last... blimey, that's almost a month. No matter, because we've picked a winner. A lot of you simply suggested we sell stuff cheaper, or 'knock off a tenner to make it look good' which isn't really very productive - what we were looking for was a mixture of suggestions for new products, and how best to promote the ones we have. And the person who did that the best was...

DeltaJava.

Well done matey, you win a Game or DVD of your choice up to the value of £50. He suggested we take a look at our prices of stuff like Encarta and Paintshop Pro, compared to other retailers, and tipped us off about some new products to stock like USB2.0 and more TV cards. Basically, his collection of suggestions was the most complete, and for that, he is rewarded. If you scroll back through the topic, his posts are highlighted in yellow.

Anyway, thanks to the rest of you for all of your posts, we'll take the into consideration. Even the ones about boobs and stuff. You kids. Complaints to the usual address, I'll ignore them like I always do.

S
-x-

--------------------------------------------------

Here's a really good chance to sl*g off SR.

Take a look at our range of PC parts and peripherals. i.e. anything which works in, with or connects to a PC.

What's missing from the range?
Where are we out of date or over-priced?
Which descriptions fail to do justice to the products?

For example you could tell us that our A03 drives are out of date and over priced and that we should be selling the A04. (posted by Bonzo Banana did yesterday)

You do NOT need to post all of your suggestion in one post. ALL of your posts will be added together for the selection process.

Closes Thursday August 1st.

Mr Snuuuuggly will extract the thread and pass it to our PC Buyers who will say 'Oh my God, what clever customers we have'. They (the un-named and un-shamed) will determine the winner.

Winner gets a full GAD prize. Only one winner folks.

(er-thanks in advance guys. And none of those "getting us to do their work" jibes PLEASE!)
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
With the MAXX PC range, how about advertising the bundles you sell, then give the customer choices as to what they can upgrade and include if they want to spend a bit more money. I think you should give them the option of different speakers, cards and definetely flatscreen monitors. Also try and push out some MP3 players. 'If you buy this MAXXPC, SR will throw in THIS MP3 player for only 30.00' or something.

Sell bundles of games.

'Hitman, Gangstas and Kingpin' - or something like that

'Tomb Raider I, II and III'

'Max Payne, Deus Ex, GTAIII' That would be a good one.

There are loads more you could try, could call it the 'SR Bundle Range'.
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:25
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Well, I don't know if you have them already, but get infa-red keyboards, as in cordless keyboards. Because veryone loves them.
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:19
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Dvds.

Well they do connect to PCs, and were on the ukpcparts.com homepage.....

I know you cut down on your variations in different Dvds because they weren't selling enough, but if you're not selling enough of many particular dvds, then just stock don't stock as many!

Only buy amounts of Dvds when necessary, because it's true that if you stock too many then they won't get sold. But, if you have a wider range with less stock on each, then you'll sell more than you would with a smaller range and bigger stock. If you understood a word of what I said....
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:15
Regular
"  "
How about a whole library of books? You have a few but they are mainly stratergy guides. However, if you got a massive archive of books at cheaper prices than say Amazon then people will come to you to buy the PC books rather than elsewhere. You would also have an excuse then to make a big deal of the books. You could advertise your big archive and maybe people would then think of you as a PC book specilaist? Maybe.
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:06
Regular
I think you should Sparkle SIS back in stock, there are many people who don't want to spend much more than £20 on a Graphics Card, me being one of them, because i'm only 14 and I don't have a job, but like many people on these forums, i like to play games. Now the cheapest graphics card is £30, to many people 10 pounds isn't much, but it takes about a month for me to get that. I might be the minority, but there are a lot of people i know, who, like me, don't have much spare money to use. I understand if the card doesn't support enough games, otherwise your sales would plummit.
Thu 18/07/02 at 10:54
Regular
"  "
I'd say you need more Monitors. When ours blew up we was looking for a new one but it had to be a...erm dunno how many inches but one of the larger ones. However you only had one or two 'big' ones and they were a bit too expensive if you get what I mean.

Also how about things like...

-Wrist rests.
-Screen tints that take eye strain away.
-Paper holders that clip onto monitors so that you can hold work in them so the paper isn't all over your keybored when your trying to copy off the peices of paper.
-DVD and CD cases incase anyone wants any because theirs have broken.

And this is one you MUST get. When I was on work experiance there was this ace way of logging into a PC. Not only did you need to put your pass word in but also you needed to put your finger on a finger print scanner! I think now more and more people are becoming data safety conscious it would be a good idea. So finger print scanners please :D
Thu 18/07/02 at 10:52
Regular
Another thing i've noticed is a lack of tutorial books for JavaScript/CGI/HTML and other website languages. You probably won't count this as PC Peripherals but i think it's vital if you're learning languages like me, also, if you do take this into acount, CD ROM tutorials with examples would be good.
Thu 18/07/02 at 10:45
Regular
SR, you need more themed mice! Things like a mouse that actually looks like a mouse or a football mouse. If you get a large selection of themed mice then it will attract the younger PC audience to buy things from your shop. I think i've seen a football themed mouse before in your shop but if you have a bigger selection it means people who are looking for a specific type of funny looking mouse have a good chance of finding it at SR.
Thu 18/07/02 at 10:10
Regular
I think SR should sell DDR ram in there athlon XP pc's to bring them up to a higher spec than the aging sdram systems, also they should stick pc benchmarks for there maxx pc's online.

c.b.
Thu 18/07/02 at 10:06
Regular
I definatly think there should be a section on the website with pc info, i.e latest new and benchmarks of hardware and pc repairing and upgraqding, also installing hardware. also i believe the Pc's need to come into updated spec quicker, as other pc manafacturers are useing very up to date hardware and then months later Sr follow, by which time they have lost a lot of custome and the would-be customer would have got the "better PC" from one of Sr's competitors, also i think that the reason why a lot of the pc peripherals are so expensive is that Sr obviously do not order large quantitys of hardware thus the cost prices are higher, I think the reason why a certain online store are so cheap (maybe even cheaper than cost price for items) is because they order masses of hardware at a time thus get items a lot cheaper.

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.