GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE (July PC Parts and Peripherals)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/07/02 at 14:52
Regular
And s**g off SR you did.

Okay, sorry for the lenghty delay but it's been a madhouse round here for the last... blimey, that's almost a month. No matter, because we've picked a winner. A lot of you simply suggested we sell stuff cheaper, or 'knock off a tenner to make it look good' which isn't really very productive - what we were looking for was a mixture of suggestions for new products, and how best to promote the ones we have. And the person who did that the best was...

DeltaJava.

Well done matey, you win a Game or DVD of your choice up to the value of £50. He suggested we take a look at our prices of stuff like Encarta and Paintshop Pro, compared to other retailers, and tipped us off about some new products to stock like USB2.0 and more TV cards. Basically, his collection of suggestions was the most complete, and for that, he is rewarded. If you scroll back through the topic, his posts are highlighted in yellow.

Anyway, thanks to the rest of you for all of your posts, we'll take the into consideration. Even the ones about boobs and stuff. You kids. Complaints to the usual address, I'll ignore them like I always do.

S
-x-

--------------------------------------------------

Here's a really good chance to sl*g off SR.

Take a look at our range of PC parts and peripherals. i.e. anything which works in, with or connects to a PC.

What's missing from the range?
Where are we out of date or over-priced?
Which descriptions fail to do justice to the products?

For example you could tell us that our A03 drives are out of date and over priced and that we should be selling the A04. (posted by Bonzo Banana did yesterday)

You do NOT need to post all of your suggestion in one post. ALL of your posts will be added together for the selection process.

Closes Thursday August 1st.

Mr Snuuuuggly will extract the thread and pass it to our PC Buyers who will say 'Oh my God, what clever customers we have'. They (the un-named and un-shamed) will determine the winner.

Winner gets a full GAD prize. Only one winner folks.

(er-thanks in advance guys. And none of those "getting us to do their work" jibes PLEASE!)
Wed 14/08/02 at 09:22
Regular
Tony wrote:
> THE WINNER IS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> To be announced on Monday!

This post has to be spam???? :)

I got new SR Mag today........YAY!!!!!!
Tue 13/08/02 at 22:09
Regular
"Hmmm....."
What!?

I thought that 'ToBeAnnouncedOnMonday!' guy won...... whoever that was....

;D

------------

*ahem*

Well done to DeltaJava.
:)
Tue 13/08/02 at 19:16
Tóm wrote:
> Lost is such a harsh word to say to davyboy.
>
> Let's just say "Got beaten by DeltaJava"

Lol I couldnt do anough post cause of my condition but I agree he did the best all round stuff.
Oh i see mentioning about my 48x48x12 rw look at the new Maxx PCs they are fitting 40x48x12 which is better and its seperate dvd drive too :0)
Tue 13/08/02 at 19:07
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Lost is such a harsh word to say to davyboy.

Let's just say "Got beaten by DeltaJava"
Tue 13/08/02 at 19:00
Regular
"everyone says it"
Still. I should have won.

:D
Tue 13/08/02 at 18:10
Oh I did mention Soltek before but they do great athlon and intel p4 boards at great prices and just look at the software they give away too most of it is very usfull :0)
Tue 13/08/02 at 18:08
DeltaJava wrote:
> davyboy wrote:
>
>
> I had already mention ddr333 and with the lastest ddr around there
> is
> little speed difference between that and RDram . Infact ddr does not
> double the data rate its only around 5% to 10% faster
>
> Yeh, yeh. Still faster though, and that's what the buyer wants.

but even that is out of date Cosair do ddr400 and drr400 motherboards are just around the corner for amd chips :0)
Tue 13/08/02 at 18:06
DeltaJava wrote:
> davyboy wrote:
> DeltaJava wrote:
>
> Get your facts right infact on paper usb2 is faster but in r/l speed
> firewire is faster also usb2 cards are still fairly new and not many
> devices can use it yet
>
> From what I here some Pinnacle cards arent much cop
>
> The reason why in real life firewire is faster is because manfacturers
> haven't taken the dive into the USB2 standard, even though it's
> obvious the interface is the fastest out of the two.
>
> As for the TV cards, I tried two from Hauppuage (the other
> manufacturer of TV cards) and they failed to work at all on my system.
> So there.
>
> Oh, and thanks for the EEGAD!

I agree about Hauppuage alot of there tv cards or poor I have never had a probem with my old wintvradio but the pic has always been poor
Tue 13/08/02 at 17:36
Regular
Well Done DeltaJava - a well deserved win :)
Tue 13/08/02 at 17:18
davyboy wrote:

> I had already mention ddr333 and with the lastest ddr around there is
> little speed difference between that and RDram . Infact ddr does not
> double the data rate its only around 5% to 10% faster

Yeh, yeh. Still faster though, and that's what the buyer wants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.