GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box or Playstation 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/07/02 at 23:04
Regular
X box with internet ready and games with realistic graphics
playstation 2 with not yet internet but very fast loading and good graphics,
Mon 08/07/02 at 22:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Yeah I'm a big fan of MGS too. :-) Lost count of how many times I
> played through the first game. Was happy when MGS: Substance was
> announced for the X-Box. Like the sound of playing as Snake through
> the whole game and being able to play certain areas as the Ninja. :-)

Yep, although I felt MGS2 didn't live up to expectations in the areas that really made MGS special (ie. music, plot), gameplay and graphics-wise it was fantastic. With thousands of VR Missions too I can't wait for Substance.
Mon 08/07/02 at 22:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I'm a big fan of MGS too. :-) Lost count of how many times I played through the first game. Was happy when MGS: Substance was announced for the X-Box. Like the sound of playing as Snake through the whole game and being able to play certain areas as the Ninja. :-)
Mon 08/07/02 at 22:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
Played through MGS on the PSX once AGAIN today.

*Shakes head in astonishment*

My favourite game ever. No doubts. In no way has a storyline been so compelling, and never before have I felt so involved or emotional during a game. The music is indescribable, I've got no idea why they changed it for MGS2.

That is why I stick with Sony, because without them and without this game, I probably wouldn't be on these chatforums today.

Bah...I can't stop babbling on about MGS! :D
Mon 08/07/02 at 20:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
If I had enough cash I'd be dishing out for a new excellent surround sound system, stupidly large tv and a mini fridge to store food and drink so I don't have to leave the room in large gaming sessions. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, perfect setup ::drool::
Mon 08/07/02 at 19:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Anyway, if I did have enough moolah, I would buy all three. (!)
Mon 08/07/02 at 19:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
savatt1668 wrote:
>> Don't start trying to hide your Ninty colours just cause your in fog
> chat you skanky little Miyamoto butt polisher. ;-)#

Why did I choose a GC over the others then?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Cyclone wrote:
> All three, if I could afford it. But I can't so Nintendo will have to
> stay. Ah well................ ;)
>
>
>
> (PS Shut it Savatt, ya smelly tramp! ;)

Don't start trying to hide your Ninty colours just cause your in fog chat you skanky little Miyamoto butt polisher. ;-)
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
All three, if I could afford it. But I can't so Nintendo will have to stay. Ah well................ ;)

(PS Shut it Savatt, ya smelly tramp! ;)
Mon 08/07/02 at 17:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Pointless Babble wrote:
> savatt1668 wrote:
> Pointless Babble wrote:
>
> Stuff that I'm not gonna quote to boost up my word count.
> But judging by the crap you said you really live upto your name well
> mate.
>
> Sorry child, but having experience in the gaming world via being a
> developer myself, and having played both systems extensively - you'll
> find its all statement of fact. If you're going to spit the dummy over
> it coz it upsets you, and can't put forward an adult response to the
> topic, then I have but one thing to say to you:
>
> Awwww, diddums. ;)

Child huh ? Cute. Developer ? Even cuter. Either your the kid that every school has that says stuff on the lines of "My uncle works for Nintendo and I can get free games" or your a developer who will be on the dole queue soon. Seeing as your so clued up on the games world its funny how you mention the X-Box not having games as playable as Baldur's Gate 2 and MGS2 when both titles are on they're way to the console (although MGS: Substance is the MGS game on the way, but its pretty much the same as MGS2 but with extras).
As for Microsoft not having the staying power of the PS2 and Gamecube, plenty laughed when the original Playstation arrived with Nintendo and Sega having a big foothold on the games market. Funny, but you don't seem to hear those peoples voices anymore.

Then of course you go on about the X-Box's capabilities. One thing it has available to it is the hard drive which isn't just a nice built in memory card, it gives developers (you know, real ones) a chance to do things with their games that they couldn't do on the PS2 or GC. Seeing as your so clever you'll already know that games like Blinx and Project Ego can't be done on other consoles. It might have PC style parts to it, but as a console, its more reliable for games. One thing about PC's that I've come accross regularly is their tendancy to crash a lot during games which can be very frustrating, especially when a lot of time has been spent progressing a game. Basically the capabilities are there for the developers that want to use them.

The X-Box is also bringing an excellent online service to console gaming. But as far as the overall games go, more games are being announced all the time and from what I've seen, it has the biggest line up of games on the way (and thats not including existing titles before you try it on). Sony has a big foothold on the market right now but that doesn't make them invincible. But then you being a developer will know all this right ? Unfortunatly, the only developing I believe your doing is the early stages of puberty.
Mon 08/07/02 at 07:36
"Stupid Newbie :D"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Pointless Babble wrote:
>
> Stuff that I'm not gonna quote to boost up my word count.
> But judging by the crap you said you really live upto your name well
> mate.

Sorry child, but having experience in the gaming world via being a developer myself, and having played both systems extensively - you'll find its all statement of fact. If you're going to spit the dummy over it coz it upsets you, and can't put forward an adult response to the topic, then I have but one thing to say to you:

Awwww, diddums. ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.