GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WINNING ELEVEN 6 - AMAZZZZIIIINNNNNGGGG!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/06/02 at 15:27
Regular
I managed to get hold of a copy of this amazing game!!!

I played it round a mates last week and was amazed!! I spent all week wondering how I could get a Japanese game working on my PAL PS2, I sorted it yesterday!!!

Hooray for Winning Eleven, it should get me through til October (Pro Evo 2)!!!
Fri 12/07/02 at 15:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
From what I've read in this topic, Winning Eleven 6 (Pro Evo 2) sounds damn brilliant!

I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hello..... ive always been here but just not here exactly..... if ya know what I meen.

;D

And yeah..... I *am* getting it...... I could get it right now actually but I have no means of playing it on my console just yet as its not even in my house.

Its gone for the "operation".

:(

I cant wait though, all that ive heard about it is good comments.

:)
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:03
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
Where's Herc lately?!?!

Last I heard he was thinkin of gettin WE6 and now he's disappeared!!!

I hope his in the process of gettin it!!!!
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
Darwock wrote:
> Ahhh, an 'undocumented feature'.

Exactly, the other thing is you don't break your warrenty (If you have one?!?), but you do have to be VERY CAREFUL when removing the plastic front because the tabs holding it on can break very, very easily!!!!!
Wed 10/07/02 at 10:35
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Ahhh, an 'undocumented feature'.

Well, I might be tempted to try it although I don't like the risk of breaking off little tabs on my disc tray.
Wed 10/07/02 at 10:17
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
Because then the RegionX will attempt to boot up an American DVD, so it doesn't work, believe me!!! I made that mistake when I first tried this trick!!!

Because normally you put in the RegionX, press X on a region and then the tray opens, (this would then tell the PS2 that a DVD is on it's way into the machine, so to speak!!) then you put in your DVD and it loads!!

CodeJunkies, the guys that made this thing obiviously put in this 'PRESS START' trick for the likes of us as a way of getting round the PS2 loading screen!!!! I must say it came in handy!!!!
Wed 10/07/02 at 10:07
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yeah, OK, but If the PS2 thinks Region X is still in, surely you will be asked to select a region, at which point the disc tray will open automatically so you could put your American DVD in. Why can't you just put in the import game at this point?
Wed 10/07/02 at 09:56
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
That's because you have to use either Region X or AR2 to bypass the PS2's loading screen!!

Then by pulling the pin across, popping the tray replacing the disc and moving the pin back, the PS2 still thinks the RegionX disc is in!!

Then you press start which boots the newly placed disc!!!
Wed 10/07/02 at 09:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Oh... OK, I see that now.

Just one question - what's the point in popping the disc tray open manually? Both the AR2 and RegionX cards open up the disc tray for you anyway, so you can get the original CD out.
Tue 09/07/02 at 20:17
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
Sorry Darwock, I've talked about all of this in the topic 'Da_Linksta Reveals Startling Revalation' which is probably on the 2nd page of topics!!!!

Not this topic!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.