GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WINNING ELEVEN 6 - AMAZZZZIIIINNNNNGGGG!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/06/02 at 15:27
Regular
I managed to get hold of a copy of this amazing game!!!

I played it round a mates last week and was amazed!! I spent all week wondering how I could get a Japanese game working on my PAL PS2, I sorted it yesterday!!!

Hooray for Winning Eleven, it should get me through til October (Pro Evo 2)!!!
Tue 09/07/02 at 20:09
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
Darwock wrote:
> You're not being very clear... you said the only device you had was a
> Region X but then you mention some home-made card and pushing the
> eject lever (button?).
>
> And taking the front of the tray off? That's just insane, it's a
> molded bit of plastic!

Let me help you out Darwock, although I think I've explained all of this before!!!

To get the front plastic tray off you turn you console upside down and power it up!! Press eject, turn the main power off at the back and unscrew the tiny screw, then the plastic front pops off easily and put the screw back in!!!

The rest is here, I've givin this out before:

http://h omepage.ntlworld.com/checkmate/

Take away the space!!!
Tue 09/07/02 at 11:11
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
You're not being very clear... you said the only device you had was a Region X but then you mention some home-made card and pushing the eject lever (button?).

And taking the front of the tray off? That's just insane, it's a molded bit of plastic!
Mon 08/07/02 at 10:33
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
Yeah, ya right I've got the Japanese version so the commentrys in Japanese, but the energy the two commentators put into the game is amazing!!!

Not all is lost though because the player calls are still there so when playing with England you get Scholsy (exactly like that!! It's very funny!!), Bakham and OOOOOwen!!!!

It's class but I heard on the vine that Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking are in line for the PAL release in October!?!?!
Mon 08/07/02 at 01:08
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh thats great info cheers, im wanting the more and more now, I was hoping that they would change the training mode for the better, and as for graphics well no game comes close to excellet footballing graphics than to PES therefore I can understand that theres not a lot of change in that area, another question Im wanting to know and im sure everyone else wants to know is that if the commentry is any better, cause I think im ready to kill Chris James and Terry Butcher :) however as yours is an import, its unlikely that u will able to answer this query, its just I hope theyve changed it for the better :D
Mon 08/07/02 at 00:29
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Da Linksta, a couple of questions - whats the training mode's like in
> the game, please explain in depth, also how 'much' does this game
> actually differ from the first in terms of graphics, gameplay and
> 'features'?
>
> Cheers.

Well in Herc!!! I look forward to your views!!!!

The training mode is far advanced from any before in PE, for starters, you've got the original training (Kick about, free-kick, corner kick etc) but you've now also got specific tasks that you can achieve to unlock hidden player!!!

These tasks range from:
runnning a player around cones all over the pitch,
keep ball with five players (short pass training),
free-kick placement which involves hitting a circle target (closer to the centre, the higher the score),
Manual pass training (very tough!!!)
And full on team keep ball (11 V 11!!! HARD!!!!)

The pass mark on all tasks are extremely high and I haven't unlocked any players yet, but I've only spent a small fraction of time in the training part of the game!!!

The main game is greatly improved, but I think the word to explain the whole WE6 experience is 'suttle' because when you first pick it up and play, you think *this isn't much different* but over time you notice the little changes that make the game so great!!!

- The control the players have is slightly tighter
- when you lose the ball your recovery time is a lot quicker
- if you press (with X) for to long it causes a foul which allows for more free play
- the side footed shots on goal
- improved goalies with a lot better reaction saves
- easier to manage free-kicks (you actually feel like you know what your doing!!!
- crisper passing
The list does go on and on!!!!

I wouldn't say the graphics have come on leaps and bounds, but the player animation is far greater than the last Pro Evo, some of the new stadiums as well seem to have a certain grandre about them, which makes closly fought 2-Player games a lot tenser!!!

I'm finding new little things everytime I play, so I'll keep everyone posted!!! I hope this has been 'in-depth' enough for ya Neo!!!

Any more questions, I'm hear to answer!!!!
Sun 07/07/02 at 01:02
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Da Linksta, a couple of questions - whats the training mode's like in the game, please explain in depth, also how 'much' does this game actually differ from the first in terms of graphics, gameplay and 'features'?

Cheers.
Sun 07/07/02 at 00:37
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah, im talking about Winning Eleven 6 (which is Pro Evo 2 really) and I cant wait for it.
I didnt like the first one but im sure this one will be better...... if not ive still got TIF2002 to play (which rules).

hhhmmmmm

Bleh, bring on next week.
Sat 06/07/02 at 20:35
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
You've come around to the Pro Evo ways Herc, are you talkin about Winning Eleven or Pro Evo 2, cause PE2 ain't out til October!!!

If ya gettin WE6, then fair play to you!! - I'll have someone else to talk to about it!!!!!
Fri 05/07/02 at 23:08
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Im getting Pro Evo 2 soon, maybe next week or the week after most defo.

Cant wait.

:)
Fri 05/07/02 at 23:05
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
Fair play Ronaldinho_da_2nd, you speak the truth!!

Is there anyone else willing to fight for tha PRO EVO cause?!??!

Wait til you play the new one, you'll be blown away!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.