GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WINNING ELEVEN 6 - AMAZZZZIIIINNNNNGGGG!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/06/02 at 15:27
Regular
I managed to get hold of a copy of this amazing game!!!

I played it round a mates last week and was amazed!! I spent all week wondering how I could get a Japanese game working on my PAL PS2, I sorted it yesterday!!!

Hooray for Winning Eleven, it should get me through til October (Pro Evo 2)!!!
Sat 17/08/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
Seeing all these Pro Evo 2 topics, I thought I'd pop the first and original PE2/WE6 topic!!!!
Thu 15/08/02 at 00:28
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hey dude.

I didnt get a new TV and I didnt get a lead.

I got a NTSC - PAL converter which converted the NTSC signal into PAL and so it made it play in colour.

It was a tenner for the converter.

Pretty good eh.

:)

There is one on eBay which is the one I got or you could get one from Lik-Sang.

:D
Wed 14/08/02 at 23:56
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
Hey Herc,

Did you get a NTSC compatible TV or did you run a PAL patch of WE, cause I've been trying to sort a version for my mate who only has a crummy PAL TV, but I haven't had any luck yet!!!!
Wed 14/08/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Hmmm....."
To be honest, I find WE6 to be "just another footy game". The only thing I see different are the graphics..... and the way the ball reacts to everything (much better than all other footy games).
The graphics are lovely, but arent exactly top notch brilliant etc.
The gameplay could be improved if it let you do more variations of kicks and tackles etc.
Im getting used to this meter system thing though - where the bar goes up when you press the long pass or the shoot buttons.

It can be a little frustrating on the harder levels, which, for me, would be 4 and 5 star difficulty. On the lower ones..... its easy.... and so there isnt much of a medium difficulty where its a challenge but just a little easier than...... blah blah blah.....

You understand me?

Plus, theres not many things to do on it in the way of competitions and stuff. Just the Master League from what I remember.

Hmmm...... not to make you guys feel like its gonna be poop but its just my opinion.

Still, ive been on it much more than ive been on TIF lately, which certainly means something.

:)

Bah.
Wed 14/08/02 at 14:13
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Bah :(
Wed 14/08/02 at 10:54
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I finally got my copy to play in colour and how nice it is.......

It rules now. I kinda sussed the shooting thing aswell so im happy.

:D

Ner ner, im playing it before all you lot.

Neeeer.

;D
Tue 13/08/02 at 08:51
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I hope PES2 is released in October. Don't think I could wait till November. Seems so far away.

Mind you. At the end of the month I get to playtest Pro Evo 2 at ECTS on the August Bank Holiday.

Looking forward to that.
Mon 12/08/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
I'm just glad I've got it now, cause the wait would be killing me!!

I had a hard enough time waiting for Pro Evo 1!!

The fact that Pro Evo 2 will be even better than WE6 still amazes me!!!
Mon 12/08/02 at 20:02
"she wants to move"
Bleeders wrote:
> Na†ßu© wrote:
> Da_Linksta wrote:
> It's due October 11th!!!
>
>
>
> Heh, if only. I think you'll find it's Nov 8th. Soz :)
>
> Well, according to Konami, it's still due for release in October.

i think ull find its out on the 29.11.2002!!:D
Mon 12/08/02 at 15:08
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Da_Linksta wrote:
> It is a bummer, I know in WE6 you can do a co-op master league which a
> lot of people wanted when Pro Evo 1 came out!!!
>
> Konami have answered some prayers!!!!!

You *can* co-op on the first Pro Evo. There is a little trick to do this doing the rounds at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.