GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart Wii"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Wii'.
Tue 08/04/08 at 13:33
Regular
So, anyone getting this? Mines pre-ordered. I'm not sure it's going to work as well as previous installments, with bikes and everything. The offline multiplayer isn't as good either, according to some reviews. The online component is supposed to work very well.

Ah well, will have to wait and see.
Fri 11/04/08 at 09:58
Regular
Get it as soon as you can, it's great. The wheel really does work well. I haven't tried any other control method yet to be fair, but I don't feel the need to. Some may argue it's a gimmick, and maybe it is, but it's one that works very well once you've done a few races to get used to it.

I've figured out the powerslidey boost thing too. You have to select manual drifting, rather than automatic. Not sure of the best character for online play. You pick the character before the track is choosen, so it's a bit of a lottery. Not really used the bikes yet, want to finish the 50cc cups 100% first before moving up.

The MK channel initially is only available through the game, you have to install it if you want it as a standalone channel on the main screen. You can download ghost data to try and beat, and there will also be competitions in the future, though as of last night there were none available.

Online is very slick and quick to get into a game. Although I imagine that it will be even more busy this weekend than it was last night so it'll be interesting to see if that affects the play.

You can race or do the battle mode online. For each you start with 5000 points. If you do well, you gain points, if you don't, you lose points.

When looking for online games you can choose to search via all games worldwide, games just on your continent or games with people off your friends list. Unfortunately, it's not the friends who are already on your Wii list, but you get another number that you have to swap as well which is game specific.

All in all, it's the first game I've played online with Wii, and it works just as well and is just as lag free as anything I've played on Xbox Live, only without the voice chat. For me, that's not an issue, but it might be for others.
Fri 11/04/08 at 08:50
"possibly impossible"
bah! Game made a mistake on their text, so hopefully I get off work early today and get it before I go home.

Just got hold of Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 in Blockbuster as well, so much better than the first one and great fun.
Thu 10/04/08 at 23:02
Regular
Just been playing this, great fun. Typing this on Wii so will be brief. Wheel works well, takes a little getting used to. Still can't powerslide.

Online slick and easy to use. Have to enter friend codes to play specific people. Mine is 3007-8201-1620. Feel free to add me.
Thu 10/04/08 at 14:42
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Shopto got the game and sent it straight out. It arrived this morning. Most places send games straight out when they receive their shipment of new releases.
Thu 10/04/08 at 14:38
Regular
"THFC"
how did u get hold of it early, im trying to spk to someone on ebay see if i can pick it up but they not responding, guess im guna have to wait : (
Thu 10/04/08 at 13:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I have the game in my hands right now. Unfortunately, today is probably the worst day of my week, so it's unlikely I'll get to play before tomorrow.
Thu 10/04/08 at 10:52
Regular
The brother in law of a mate of mine works for a distributor and has apparently had his since tuesday evening. The wheel works very well, or so he says, and only takes a couple of races to get used to. All in all it's a top game.

I trust my mate, but have never met the brother in law, so make of that what you will.
Thu 10/04/08 at 10:28
Regular
"THFC"
They reckon they will be unable to deliver for a while

but my local asda have got loads of stock in at the moment, they wont sell it until tomorow! dam laws lol

well at least i know i can get it and its only £35 which is good.

Or i could go there at 12:00 and pick it up, have no sleep and play all night lol
Thu 10/04/08 at 10:20
"possibly impossible"
I still think sendit are your best bet. I've used both sendit and shopto a lot, in fact I got a game delivered the other day from sendit.com.
Thu 10/04/08 at 08:05
Regular
"THFC"
i am on there now - it is saying £39.99
that seems a really high price. think most places will sell it at £35 max wont they?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.