GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart Wii"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Wii'.
Tue 08/04/08 at 13:33
Regular
So, anyone getting this? Mines pre-ordered. I'm not sure it's going to work as well as previous installments, with bikes and everything. The offline multiplayer isn't as good either, according to some reviews. The online component is supposed to work very well.

Ah well, will have to wait and see.
Sun 20/04/08 at 16:48
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Got this on Tuesday, only got to play it today, fantastic! Havent gone online yet, will do on Wednesday on my day off
Mon 14/04/08 at 21:14
Regular
"Mooching around"
Alfonse the Turtle wrote:
> How's the online?

So far I've been unlucky, I've only ever had one on ones against some of Japan's finest.

Needless to say, I get my a*se handed to me.
Mon 14/04/08 at 20:50
Regular
"THFC"
It is fine, i played loads of 12 people races. never had lag, i got disconnected and lost like 110 points, but im back up to 5700 with my gold wheel so its all good.

Just unlocked the Turbo Blooper kart as i aint done much one player and it seems to be pretty good.

I would recommend doing one player first (unlike me) just so u get used to it and dont lose points to start with, plus getting better karts will let you be better!
Mon 14/04/08 at 18:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've had no lag when I've played. The biggest race I was in was a 10 player race. All went very well. I was disconnected once (cost me a load of points) but other than that, no problems at all.
Mon 14/04/08 at 18:45
Regular
Has anybody played any 12 player Wi-Fi races yet? I'm wondering what the lag is like. I know with Smash Bros., as soon as you get one guy in the match with a bad connection it screws everything up. Since it happens in Smash with only 4 people, the chances of getting womeone with a bad connection when there are 12 seem pretty high.

I'm in Canada so I can't get Kart until April 27. You guys in the UK are lucky :)
Mon 14/04/08 at 16:35
Regular
How's the online?
Mon 14/04/08 at 09:08
Regular
"THFC"
I like bikes for handling, but then karts just seem to be the one i go with more (dont know why)

I always use Yoshi or Mario (yoshi my fav) and tend to use the normal kart at the mo. Just as i get used to it. tend to hit a wall here and there so need good acceleration and a decent top speed.

And to answer part of my own question - apparently the gold wheel is obtained when u only use the steering wheel (which i am) but i think it is for a duration of time. if you use anything else even for 1 race it goes back to white

thats what i heard so should get me a gold wheel soon i hope.
Sun 13/04/08 at 15:57
Regular
"Mooching around"
Got mine yesterday, so guys, what's your favourite vehicle? And do you prefer bikes or karts?
Sun 13/04/08 at 10:58
Regular
"THFC"
Been playing it since Friday - love it
but has anyone notice that there are certain players with a Gold steering wheel not a white one???
anyone know how you get that?
Sat 12/04/08 at 19:31
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Hey guys my number is 3007-8194-6988. Add me :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.