GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart Wii"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Wii'.
Tue 08/04/08 at 13:33
Regular
So, anyone getting this? Mines pre-ordered. I'm not sure it's going to work as well as previous installments, with bikes and everything. The offline multiplayer isn't as good either, according to some reviews. The online component is supposed to work very well.

Ah well, will have to wait and see.
Wed 09/04/08 at 21:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
YH wrote:
> I've not used them myself, but I have heard good things about
> shopto.

Yeah, they are generally pretty good.
Wed 09/04/08 at 21:06
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> I just got an email saying that Mario Kart Wii has been shipped
> with a Wii Wheel from Shopto, all for £29.99. I'll believe
> it when I see it. :)

I've not used them myself, but I have heard good things about shopto.
Wed 09/04/08 at 17:27
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I've heard several reviewers slate it, but I think it'll be a hit anyway. Extra good that you can control the karts in a variety of ways using different controllers.

GAME told me that they were expecting a busy day Friday...
Wed 09/04/08 at 17:15
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, just got a text message from game saying mine is ready for pickup tomorrow. Have to pay £5 more than that though.
Wed 09/04/08 at 17:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I just got an email saying that Mario Kart Wii has been shipped with a Wii Wheel from Shopto, all for £29.99. I'll believe it when I see it. :)
Wed 09/04/08 at 13:29
"possibly impossible"
Think both MK and SSBB will be open but also allow Friend Code matches.
Wed 09/04/08 at 13:11
Regular
Yeah, you can two people on one console, both playing online. The most detailed write up I've seen of the online part is over at IGN
Wed 09/04/08 at 12:45
Regular
"THFC"
i enjoy the chat - especially on COD4 on the ps3. I am going to have to do some homework about Mario Kart

things like: can me and my girlfriend play online together?
is there voice chat etc etc??

well thanks for all your help - we will have to swap FC with everyone on here and ill give ya a race (i will be Yoshi, he is my fav)
Wed 09/04/08 at 12:39
Regular
Mario Kart is against anyone, by the looks of the UK IGN online write up.

I'm not sure if no voice chat is actually a bad thing. I've played my mates 360 online and we end up turning the chat off as 95% of it is just rubbish.
Wed 09/04/08 at 11:24
Regular
"THFC"
Yea - actually you may be able to help

is it true that the online for Smash Bros is only if you have Friend Codes - its not going to be like Mario Kart and Mario Strikers where you can find anyone??

Really hope thats not true, none of my friends have a wii and i would much rather just search for players

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.