GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA : vice city"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/06/02 at 18:20
Regular
This place is empty so im just gonna put down what i know about GTA ; vice city so far.

IT wont be a proper sequel to GTA3 but not a little add on that was expected. this is not GTA4 but more like the PCs version of GTA: London that came out a while ago.

IT is scheduled for a release on the 22nd of October, which for many of you will probably be the greatest friday ever seeing a a little known football game called Pro Evo 2 comes out that day aswell.

Many old faces are expected to show up with the likes of Donald Love and Ray the bent cop returning, maybe it is time that Darkel made an appearance seeing as the developers cut him out at the last minute. THe main character will hopefully stay the same or else it would seem pointless to change the character, maybe this time he will be able to talk and actually have a name.

The Game is set in the 80's so dont go expecting any laser guns or brand new machine guns. The cars are more then likely going to be convertibles and some top quality nice ones.

And probably for some of you the main high point will be the inclusion of motorbikes, well when you look at the box there is a picture of a bike that looks cool.

I hope you will be able to do more "Group" missions because in all honesty i found that the missions you did where YOU alone had to go and kill around 30 people a bit like james bond games which i also find boring, so what i want is more of the "bank robbery" missions where you and about four other people go and do a mission which i thought was really cool.

I wouldnt mind having either two or three people with you all the time anyways because thats the sort of thing i like to do, go round killing with a few friends i.e Final Fantasy X

well i just hope the game comes out soon, and hopefully it will be as long as GTA3
Tue 09/07/02 at 16:39
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
LOL

And heres an old one for you old quake head

RAFLHO

Prizes for anyone who can remember what it stood for. Actually your not getting a prize a I am a tight fisted git
Tue 09/07/02 at 16:48
I'm sure there was an "M" in there somewhere.
Tue 09/07/02 at 18:21
Regular
ROFLMAO?

well thats what i think it is which means:

Roll On Floor Laughing My Asss Off
Wed 10/07/02 at 08:31
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
KR wrote:
> ROFLMAO?
>
> well thats what i think it is which means:
>
> Roll On Floor Laughing My Asss Off

I suppose there propably is quite a few version of it around

The one I used was

RAFLHO

Rolling Around Floor Laughing Head Off
Wed 10/07/02 at 18:59
Regular
i hope the motorbikes are in it and them hari krishna blokes
Thu 11/07/02 at 08:43
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
I have been recently going back and replaying from the start and hope they manage to solve/change the following

1. Motorbikes in
2. Motorbike IN (It is important hence stated twice)
3. Targeting system evolved so that you can always see who you are targeting. It would also help if you were being attacked by 10 Mafia guys it didnt lock on to the little old lady three streets over.
4. Be able to use more weapons from vehicles (Lobbing grenades from a speeding motorbike anyone?)
5. More indoor locations
6. Access to sewer system like in Headhunter
7. More weapons - More BIG weapons

Some of it is a pipe dream but I love the freedom this game offers. Its great being able to forget about the missions and charge around wrecking cars and doing insane jumps, squashing pedestrians and climbing to the roof of a building and killing everyone with a sniper rifle

Does this show I am insane? Mummy please dont put me back in the cupboard. Mummy..........................
Thu 11/07/02 at 18:47
Regular
Fangface wrote:
4. Be able to use more weapons from vehicles (Lobbing grenades from a
speeding motorbike anyone?)

that would be great if you could lob petrol bombs.

one other thing i would like to see is being able to smash a car up with a basball bat, State of emergency had that and it was made by the same people.
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
October 22nd 2002. Put this date on your calenders people as this is the release date for GTA:Vice City.
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I am a prat, I know, before you lot say it.
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:12
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> yeah maybe the weapons but the cars are made up and the clothes are
> just jeans and stuff
>
> True, the cars are made up, but those such as the Infernus are based
> on the Lamborghini Diablo - a recent car - and give the game a
> 'present day' feel. Well, they do for me!

YEs, and the 'Banshee' is based on the Shelby Cobra. This is a newish car but it is made to look like those classic cars. You can also buy it in Gran Turismo 3: A- Spec.

Yes, I typed out the whole title of the name to increase my word count.It is not much but as the slogan tells you, "Every little helps!".

Ahhh, Tesco...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.